The Dark Blues

Ewan Gurr

Rate this topic

Writes a column in the Evening Telegraph. Guy was a BNP activist praised by Nick Griffin (Google him). So DCT Thompson content to give a former far right member a voice in their publications but are they happy to employ a Hearts fan who wants to stop hunger in the city but ‘starve’ the professional football clubs here, including our ‘rotten’ club?

84508585-4F12-4849-AFCA-97552A23B4F4.jpeg

60E25844-251E-45C1-ACBE-24C2C9955F42.jpeg

61778898-F30A-43DD-9531-389975CB49D6.jpeg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I couldn’t give a f**k what made up sky fairy he believes in but would suggest encouraging others to ‘starve’ people of ‘vital resources’ is not a good look for a Christian Food Bank and poverty campa

The guy turned away from the mistakes of his youth a long time ago and has spent many, many years helping the most vulnerable in our city and across Scotland. Up to him if he wants to come to Dens or

If, as you say, the guy has turned his life around and helped those much less fortunate in society, then all credit to him for that.  He won't be the first or last to refuse to spend his time and

Posted Images

The guy turned away from the mistakes of his youth a long time ago and has spent many, many years helping the most vulnerable in our city and across Scotland. Up to him if he wants to come to Dens or not.

You lads want to have a look at yourself. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

The guy turned away from the mistakes of his youth a long time ago and has spent many, many years helping the most vulnerable in our city and across Scotland. Up to him if he wants to come to Dens or not.

He can spend his money where he likes but encouraging others to ‘starve’ our football club is not very Christian of him.

6 minutes ago, Novafone87 said:

He can spend his money where he likes but encouraging others to ‘starve’ our football club is not very Christian of him.

Depends what his reasons are. Maybe you can have a Bible Study with him and chat with him.

Edited by Frank Grimes
15 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Depends what his reasons are. Maybe you can have a Bible Study with him and chat with him.

I’m an atheist so would be a short chat. The guy is having a pop at us using some incendiary language on an open forum but is beyond criticism because of the charitable work he’s done since leaving a racist political party? Ha ha.

Dunno, you seem concerned about his Christianity so it might be longer than you think.

What on earth does his past have to do with it? 

Edited by Frank Grimes

Think the point is he is just speaking as a Hearts fan. Why bring his views into this Forum? We would not expect a United supporter's views about us to be posted on here and equally I don't think we should be discussing what a Hearts supporter thinks.

17 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Dunno, you seem concerned about his Christianity so it might be longer than you think.

What on earth does his past have to do with it? 

I couldn’t give a f**k what made up sky fairy he believes in but would suggest encouraging others to ‘starve’ people of ‘vital resources’ is not a good look for a Christian Food Bank and poverty campaigner, no? Might have a knock on effect to employees at the club perhaps, people living in the city he claims to love so much? A tad hypocritical? Bit of a change of language from that of his Tully columns funnily enough.

Edited by Novafone87
  • Like 3
  • Star Post 1
32 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

If, as you say, the guy has turned his life around and helped those much less fortunate in society, then all credit to him for that. 

He won't be the first or last to refuse to spend his time and money at Dens for reasons of his own choosing, tribal or otherwise. He's a Hearts fan, has strong views on recent events impacting his club, and will boycott Dens to make a personal statement. I don't think it's motivated by blind hatred.

No disrespect gents, I think we should rise above some of the comments listed so far on this thread. There really are more important things going on in the world. 🙂

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Novafone87 said:

I couldn’t give a f**k what made up sky fairy he believes in but would suggest encouraging others to ‘starve’ people of ‘vital resources’ is not a good look for a Food Bank and poverty campaigner, no? Might have a knock on effect to employees at the club perhaps, people living in the city he claims to love so much? A tad hypocritical? Bit of a change of language from that of his Tully columns funnily enough.

So bringing up his past was irrelevant then yeah?

5 minutes ago, Barfly said:

If, as you say, the guy has turned his life around and helped those much less fortunate in society, then all credit to him for that. 

He won't be the first or last to refuse to spend his time and money at Dens for reasons of his own choosing, tribal or otherwise. He's a Hearts fan, has strong views on recent events impacting his club, and will boycott Dens to make a personal statement. I don't think it's motivated by blind hatred.

No disrespect gents, I think we should rise above some of the comments listed so far on this thread. There really are more important things going on in the world. 🙂

Agreed bud.

12 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

So bringing up his past was irrelevant then yeah?

Probably need to spell this out for you, or you’re being obtuse, but the language he used on this Hearts forum maybe sounds something more akin to the previous incarnation than the current Tully friendly one? 

Edited by Novafone87
6 minutes ago, Novafone87 said:

Probably need to spell this out for you, or you’re being obtuse, but the language he used on this Hearts forum maybe hinted towards more of the previous incarnation than the current Tully friendly one? 

So because he's more critical of our club on a fans forum than he is in his newspaper columns, we can bring up his BNP past from when he was 18 and question whether he still has BNP leanings?

I think we should leave it at that.