The Dark Blues

John Nelms . Again

Rate this topic

Kheradhine from BBC sport has tweeted that Dundee voted against reconstruction.

If this is true then I'm absolutely stunned, disappointed and angry. 

This is a man who is an advocate of reconstruction to ensure other member clubs should not be disadvantaged due to the season ending early. Dundee would also clearly benefit from this as well.

Has anybody heard anything official or even unofficial?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is why I like forums so much. One poster on the 'Hearts Vote' thread says Dundee voted for reconstruction and people are up in arms asking why. Fast forward a few hours and there's a new thread w

Many on here have questioned John Nelms and his suitability for his role at our club. Nelms' decision making has been questionable at best, choice of managers, lack of communication, season ticke

I seem to mind we were all pretty much of an accord that we should vote NO but then there was the curve ball of the spam filter/early announcement which basically changed the 'rules of engagement'. We

This is why I like forums so much. One poster on the 'Hearts Vote' thread says Dundee voted for reconstruction and people are up in arms asking why. Fast forward a few hours and there's a new thread with someone up in arms about Dundee voting against reconstruction and asking why.

We don't know why Dundee voted the way they did, we might never know why. One thing we do know though is that John Nelms can't win either way,

Edited by Prince Buster
  • Like 6

John Nelms is at the helm to act in the best interests of Dundee Football Club.  He was very clear about being an advocate for reconstruction and to protect clubs that finished bottom as a result of covid 19.

My point is if he is going to talk the talk, then he needs to walk the walk.  

1 hour ago, Densderry75 said:

John Nelms is at the helm to act in the best interests of Dundee Football Club.  He was very clear about being an advocate for reconstruction and to protect clubs that finished bottom as a result of covid 19.

My point is if he is going to talk the talk, then he needs to walk the walk.  

What does that even mean ?????

• Funny 1
1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

This is why I like forums so much. One poster on the 'Hearts Vote' thread says Dundee voted for reconstruction and people are up in arms asking why. Fast forward a few hours and there's a new thread with someone up in arms about Dundee voting against reconstruction and asking why.

We don't know why Dundee voted the way they did, we might never know why. One thing we do know though is that John Nelms can't win either way,

Oh you're so cynical PB, surely you're not suggesting that some just like to have a good old rant are you ???? 😮

My innocence has been stolen (not like that !!!!!) 😢

Slightly O/T but I read that Hibs are looking at cuts to wages and staff on the back of COVID. Wonder if we will see more clubs starting to follow suit.

Here's hoping our insurance policy will shield us from the very worst of the fallout.

On the flip side the froots have seemingly 'bid' £250k for the lad from Dunfermline...………..looks like they will be throwing money about again

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

On the flip side the froots have seemingly 'bid' £250k for the lad from Dunfermline...………..looks like they will be throwing money about again

Probably banking on the money from the sale of Shankland. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

Probably banking on the money from the sale of Shankland. 

Yeah good point, id' imagine much like they are trying to do to Dunfermline, clubs will not be trying to get him far cheaper than before.

20 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

Yeah good point, id' imagine much like they are trying to do to Dunfermline, clubs will not be trying to get him far cheaper than before.

Yep.  I suppose it will come down to how much clubs need the cash and thus are willing to take less than they would like.  I get the feeling Utd won't come into that category and will hold on to Shankland if the offers are low.  At this time I'd imagine around 1m for Shankland would be a very good offer. 

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

It's almost like different people have different opinions.

Nobody would have criticised Nelms if he'd stuck to his original choice in the SPFL vote debacle. I don't think a single Dee was in favour of a U-turn.

As for the most recent vote Dees were split so yes he would have been questioned either way. Not that it matters as the vote was never in the balance.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

Yep.  I suppose it will come down to how much clubs need the cash and thus are willing to take less than they would like.  I get the feeling Utd won't come into that category and will hold on to Shankland if the offers are low.  At this time I'd imagine around 1m for Shankland would be a very good offer. 

As we've found out in the past, what clauses the player has in their contract will be more important than what the club value their 'asset' at. Agents aren't renowned for their integrity on this stuff either.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Cobra said:

It's almost like different people have different opinions.

Nobody would have criticised Nelms if he'd stuck to his original choice in the SPFL vote debacle. I don't think a single Dee was in favour of a U-turn.

As for the most recent vote Dees were split so yes he would have been questioned either way. Not that it matters as the vote was never in the balance.

I'm sure some would have worked an angle where JN was the antichrist.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

I think Hibs are a better barometer here. They've  probably got double the Season Tickets than united quite easily, but they see what's coming, probably because Rod Petrie is President of the SFA. 

This is no time for profligacy, united are no different to any other club, but I approve wholeheartedly of their reckless spending ;)

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Alexis said:

I think Hibs are a better barometer here. They've  probably got double the Season Tickets than united quite easily, but they see what's coming, probably because Rod Petrie is President of the SFA. 

This is no time for profligacy, united are no different to any other club, but I approve wholeheartedly of their reckless spending ;)

I just wish they were spending even more even faster!  

• Like 2