Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Club Statement.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Question re furlough, am I right in saying we were taking the 80% of the £2.5k and topping wages up to their normal levels? If so, that must have been a considerable amount we were paying out ourselves, I don't imagine we'd have many players, beyond the youths that would be below that. Total guess would be we'd be paying out on average £2k to first team players with the other 50% covered.

I know there's changes coming to the scheme etc that will put responsibility on us anyway but surely that sort of thing would be a huge cost that will be stopped.

12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Good to know where we stand. 

I wonder if the club could set up a monthly payment option so fans can make a regular contribution until things are back to normal.

Would be good but unsure how many would manage that in current times. Hope some more folk on the forum can manage something to the shirt sleeve fund which last I looked was 7500 - a great effort 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Would be good but unsure how many would manage that in current times. Hope some more folk on the forum can manage something to the shirt sleeve fund which last I looked was 7500 - a great effort 

Very true but some of us have been unaffected by the pandemic and might want to offer a regular £5 or £50 or whatever so the club has some alternative to gate money coming in.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Question re furlough, am I right in saying we were taking the 80% of the £2.5k and topping wages up to their normal levels? If so, that must have been a considerable amount we were paying out ourselves, I don't imagine we'd have many players, beyond the youths that would be below that. Total guess would be we'd be paying out on average £2k to first team players with the other 50% covered.

I know there's changes coming to the scheme etc that will put responsibility on us anyway but surely that sort of thing would be a huge cost that will be stopped.

We can claim 80% of wages up to £2500 per month, so as you say, have taken quite a hit by topping up to full wages

Although there are changes to be made to the scheme from July, we can still claim the 80% up until the end of August, when it reduces to 70%

Over and above that we claim Employers NI payments and Employers Pension Contributions (presuming we have a Co Pension Scheme). This part of the claim however is due to cease in August, so will have to bear that cost

Of course , furlough will cease once our staff are all back at work

• Like 2

Adblock Detected