The Dark Blues

The Sky Studio

Rate this topic

Because Sky are so focused on inclusivity they've lost sight of getting the right balance of characters so you end up with Roy Keane dominating the whole segment and other two just spectactors like the rest of us.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really like Keane as a pundit. He's come on loads since his Champions League appearances a few years ago. He was a great player and never one to hide and he's carried that into his television appear

100% agree with that mate. He is just like he played, with passion, honesty and a bit of devilment. Give me him over that smarmy smart a**e Sutton every day of the week. 

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Because Sky are so focused on inclusivity they've lost sight of getting the right balance of characters so you end up with Roy Keane dominating the whole segment and other two just spectactors like the rest of us.

Its not like Keane is head and shoulders above every other ex footballer they wheel in, he does have some valid views but they all do, he's just a bit abrasive. I'm generally happy to potter about at half time and ignore whoever they have in the studio though.

24 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Its not like Keane is head and shoulders above every other ex footballer they wheel in, he does have some valid views but they all do, he's just a bit abrasive. I'm generally happy to potter about at half time and ignore whoever they have in the studio though.

He is abrasive and if you don't have a female presenter capable of handling him then don't have a female presenter just to tick a box.

Patrice Evra is French and he's not going to outshout Keane in English so you've got a timid presenter and a foreign ex-player overwhelmed by a huge personality. Horribly unbalanced stuff.

I usually do mute half-time myself but I find Keane box office when Man Utd are struggling.

I really like Keane as a pundit. He's come on loads since his Champions League appearances a few years ago. He was a great player and never one to hide and he's carried that into his television appearances. I'm not really sure what he ever says is 'controversial'. He's just got the balls to say on television what we all say online and in the pubs (when they're open!). 

He definitely casts a net some times and you'll see him say something, then smile. 

His live audience Man Utd thing with Gary Neville is worth a watch on YouTube. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I really like Keane as a pundit. He's come on loads since his Champions League appearances a few years ago. He was a great player and never one to hide and he's carried that into his television appearances. I'm not really sure what he ever says is 'controversial'. He's just got the balls to say on television what we all say online and in the pubs (when they're open!). 

He definitely casts a net some times and you'll see him say something, then smile. 

His live audience Man Utd thing with Gary Neville is worth a watch on YouTube. 

100% agree with that mate. He is just like he played, with passion, honesty and a bit of devilment. Give me him over that smarmy smart a**e Sutton every day of the week. 

• Like 1

Ha, Sutton has grown on me. I found him deliberately contrary (I guess he still is) but he's happy to buy into the theatre of football commentary. For me Keane takes it all too seriously, at the end of the day, its a bunch of ex footballers talking and trying to keep us guys watching while we go for a slash/crack another can/phone a takeaway.