Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Are Clubs In Trouble?

I have bad vibes about our predicament. How dangerously close are we to the edge? If the Dabs can sell 5000 season tickets, surely we can (and I dont believe the hundreds of free ones stories) in these grim times.

despite Dundee being a poor city, how come they can do it yet we seem to be struggling. I could be wrong and happy to be corrected, etc but this is really serious in my view. Putting petty and snide comments aside about our neighbours, are we way behind them in fan interest and engagement?

Constructive replies only please.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I have bad vibes about our predicament. How dangerously close are we to the edge? If the Dabs can sell 5000 season tickets, surely we can (and I dont believe the hundreds of free ones stories) in these grim times.

despite Dundee being a poor city, how come they can do it yet we seem to be struggling. I could be wrong and happy to be corrected, etc but this is really serious in my view. Putting petty and snide comments aside about our neighbours, are we way behind them in fan interest and engagement?

I don't think it's any secret that they joey the numbers. I was speaking to a DAB last week who claims he's paid for his 2021/22 ST already. Money in the coffers but surely can't be healthy moving forward. 

12 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

If it comes to the worst we can sit back and watch it happen, or do something. The option is there for EVERY Dee fan.

It's been a possibility since we started relying on handouts and loans that we'd end up on a life support machine at various points. The American's have been very good to us but surely their patience must be wearing thin. The coronavirus pandemic might just be the final straw for them and their stadium plans. The only hope imo is with their claim that they always leave their business interests in a healthier position than they found them. The jury's maybe out on whether that's currently the case so they might just decide to ride out one final storm.🤞

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I don't think we are in a great position and  it will come down to 2 things for me. 

1.) Will our insurance pay out - if so we'll be ok

2.) How much interest does Keyes have and how willing is he to continue to cover losses?

I think it's really important that we all spend what we can afford to help the club and to demonstrate to TK that we are worth sticking with.

• Like 4
  • Star Post 2

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

About 20 years ago I wrote a letter to the club basically highlighting that Utd were handing out free tickets for matches  to primary school children ( I know this for a fact as my son was in primary 1 and came home with one every week , I was already taking him to Dens by this time but he loved his football and wanted to go to the games , I hid the tickets down the side of the settee and he forgot about it by game time  )  and said that the club needed to counteract this by doing the same otherwise these kids would grow up as Utd being their team especially if their parents weren’t really into football. I think they are bearing the fruits of this now.

By the way ,the response I got from the club was very dismissive 

• Star Post 1

Any mention of United on here leads to the inevitable "I don't care about them" replies, and while I can understand that if we're purely talking matters on the pitch, when it's fan engagement and season ticket sales chat I think their set up and performance is hugely relevant - they are our biggest competitors after all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Potterson said:

Any mention of United on here leads to the inevitable "I don't care about them" replies, and while I can understand that if we're purely talking matters on the pitch, when it's fan engagement and season ticket sales chat I think their set up and performance is hugely relevant - they are our biggest competitors after all.

Agree with this...

It might come a time maybe not too far from now where there is only room for one team in our small city....

I wonder if the city fathers will look kindly on the Campy development post Covid and fast track things, amongst others,  as it will create jobs in the already struggling city economy.  Government at national and local level need to provide encouragement for job creation.

The other side of the coin maybe that any financial investment for the project may disappear as a result of the pandemic.

Adblock Detected