Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Are Clubs In Trouble?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
9 minutes ago, BigG said:

Article in today’s papers from Steve Martin( former Dee director) urging DFCSS to hand over the funds they have been sitting on for years, believed to be around £44000. 

Can't speak for anyone else but I've not been paying into DFCSS just so they can hand it over to FPS whenever FPS want it. 

9 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Genuine question mate...what do you think it should be used for given we are in dire times?

Think it needs to be used in context, if the club is fooked financially to the tune of millions then handing over £44k ain’t going to make a difference! I personally would not trust Nelms with kitty money on the night out and the list of drinks for him not to fook it up... !

3 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Genuine question mate...what do you think it should be used for given we are in dire times?

We'll not know if this is our 'darkest hour' until after the even and I've not fixed notion on what it could or should be used for, its been discussed in the past at meetings what it could be used for with various suggestions. I'm not dead set against DFCSS using it or at least some of it to help the club but only if that's what the members want rather than a former Director of FPS suggesting it should happen, especially when FPS went out their way to make life difficult for the Society (including cutting off their primary revenue stream at very short notice). I'm not trying to be petty about this, they're 2 separate entities, FPS have made that clear and in reality, even if the Soc tossed in the kitchen sink, its small potatoes for FPS but everything to DFCSS.

Worth remembering that FPS have gone out their way to increase their share percentage of the club, over and above the minimum they needed, this decreases the influence of other share holders, fair enough as far as I'm concerned but if you want it 'all' then that's got to be good and bad. They've tried to empty the Society a few times for some great cause or other over the 7 years they've been involved. Just colour my cynical on this one, if DFCSS end up tossing cash in I'll not lose any sleep but I'll be concerned if its because FPS are expecting it.

15 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Can't speak for anyone else but I've not been paying into DFCSS just so they can hand it over to FPS whenever FPS want it. 

Reasonable shout. It's new ways to get our supporters to buy STs. Need to be pushing hard to get OAP and students to buy into a successful season in the Championship. Plus excellent prices for full STs. Prospect of great atmosphere and a winning team on the pitch, all seems good to me. It is obvious the the reduced budget will  compel the owners to look at all costs but that is much better than doing nothing and hoping for the best. 

Sometimes wonder how much is actually spent on fan engagement? That's not a criticism merely a thought that if more money was spent in this area might it generate significantly more cash.

3 hours ago, Deeboy08 said:

true

FPS have failed massively with the football side of the business.

This has led to where we are now, JN may have good business acumen but he can’t run a football club, after promotion we could have been set for a big step forward but alas, the chance came and went on the back of some crazy decisions from him.

Its a nightmare scenario for football in this country at the moment, I would put our chances of survival at 50-50, let’s hope things improve very quickly, a future without our club is unthinkable.

The timing of the insurance decision will be as critical as the payment/non payment decision itself.

If there's a decision before the season starts then we can plan with what funds we have, if we're six weeks into a season where we have spent money to put together a competitive squad and we get told that there's no insurance payout then we could be in big trouble.

Let's hope for a positive decision made before the season starts and we can spend accordingly.

8 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

FPS have failed massively with the football side of the business.

This has led to where we are now, JN may have good business acumen but he can’t run a football club, after promotion we could have been set for a big step forward but alas, the chance came and went on the back of some crazy decisions from him.

Its a nightmare scenario for football in this country at the moment, I would put our chances of survival at 50-50, let’s hope things improve very quickly, a future without our club is unthinkable.

I'd love to know your breakdown of this. What are you basing on ?

Adblock Detected