The Dark Blues

Sad Sight In Dundee Today

Rate this topic

I visited my 87 year old Mother today for first time since March and had a great time with her, but.....it was so sad to see all the pitches along the Arbroath Rd over grown and left to nature.  No doubt they will be cut but it was a stark reminder of current times.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up until recently the kids were meant to be home. Yer man at the parks dept is correct IMO, it wasn't essential and was rightly dropped.

No point cutting the pitches when people were supposed to be in lockdown. As this is relaxed then public services like this will likely return in stages

Arbroath Rd... You've got me all nostalgic! And I only live in Edinburgh. Must be Dawson Park? 

Was talking to a boy I know who works in the parks department. He says that Dundee council decided to leave it all as it wasn’t essential and was a waste of money. Pretty poor tbh as how were kids meant to run about in thin jungles!

Out here in Angus all the parks, road edges etc are as neat as you’d like. Apparently costing them a fortune as having to run double the vans to do it due to regulations about numbers in vehicles together 🙄

1 hour ago, blueboy said:

Arbroath Rd... You've got me all nostalgic! 

The hookers were better back in the day, huh? ;)

• Funny 1

Dundee council have to cut over 17 million off there budget. They stopped food bin collection, closed the council skips and stopped cutting grass (other councils kept cutting there’s) they have saved a fortune in the past 3 months, I spoke to someone in council who has said most of the grass will be kept uncut for the wildlife,I wonder if we are getting a refund on or council tax (fat chance) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, dblair said:

Was talking to a boy I know who works in the parks department. He says that Dundee council decided to leave it all as it wasn’t essential and was a waste of money. Pretty poor tbh as how were kids meant to run about in thin jungles!

Out here in Angus all the parks, road edges etc are as neat as you’d like. Apparently costing them a fortune as having to run double the vans to do it due to regulations about numbers in vehicles together 🙄

Up until recently the kids were meant to be home. Yer man at the parks dept is correct IMO, it wasn't essential and was rightly dropped.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

The hookers were better back in the day, huh? ;)

Probably still the same ones! 

• Funny 1