The Dark Blues

Nelms Interview

Rate this topic

20 minute interview free to all on the official site.

It didn't really provide us with new soundbites but I think Nelms comes across very well in it and hits the right tone. He anticipates insurance payments won't come in until the new year and is quite open about the financial position we're in but also comes across as very appreciative of the support.

Little on playing side apart from the likely return date for pre-season being in September and the cups not being resolved yet. He was anticipating crowds being back in January but is hopeful it could happen sooner rather than later. Draining money until that happens.

It's just my own speculation but I think we're going to need to be content with getting behind the squad we've got signed up and welcoming a few youngsters back into the fold when things resume.

• Like 6
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder if it’s announced that the players have taken a wage deferral(hopefully) and not a cut, it will possibly bring the players and fans together not seen since the defiant season, Dens gets criti

I will be buying 2 on Tuesday from the ticket office once the Monday scramble has finished. Didnt have one last season for the first time in years.

I think the problem with the season tickets is that the online system is, frankly, a shambles, and the ticket office has been closed. I would normally have renewed my ST by now, but held off when

11 minutes ago, harry94 said:

20 minute interview free to all on the official site.

It didn't really provide us with new soundbites but I think Nelms comes across very well in it and hits the right tone. He anticipates insurance payments won't come in until the new year and is quite open about the financial position we're in but also comes across as very appreciative of the support.

Little on playing side apart from the likely return date for pre-season being in September and the cups not being resolved yet. He was anticipating crowds being back in January but is hopeful it could happen sooner rather than later. Draining money until that happens.

It's just my own speculation but I think we're going to need to be content with getting behind the squad we've got signed up and welcoming a few youngsters back into the fold when things resume.

Think this will be best case scenario 

What I am reading from this is some tough decisions that are needed ASAP for us to keep our neck above water .Also the continued fans involvement is critical whether its season tickets or fund raising etc . 

Very honest interview imo and painted a very bleak imminent future which we need to ride through . 

• Like 3

He said it how it is but still a bit worrying, big decisions to be made, fans have done great but still need to help more if possible eg season tickets etc.

Good interview but very, very sobering too. 
Only 10% of normal season tickets sold- I’d imagine we will need to have the similar  numbers as last year to have any hope of running with the squad we have. I doubt Gowzer or Meekings will get new deals unless we see a surge in season sales quickly. 

Says that we've sold less than 10% of the ST's that we normally sell. Our average (From the few seasons that we have disclosed figures and an educated guess) is around 3500. That means we've sold less than 350 ST's so far. United have sold 5000+ as per their update on the 17th June. Hopefully our marketing team get heavily promoting our ST's over the coming weeks. I'm not comparing us to United as they have a promotion bounce and can look forward to football much earlier than we can what I am saying is that there is potential for us to hopefully sell much more than we have and at a fastening rate.

We've raised £10,269 so far (Which is absolutely fantastic and a massive well done has to go to Wattie) Arbroath have raised £50,000+ over a longer period. Again, not pairing ourselves with Arbroath's effort as they've done it over a much longer period and it's been ran by the club rather than 1 individual, it's just to point out that we can easily boost the amount in the club coffers if you can afford to and if you can't, at least spread the word that the fantastic initiative is ongoing!

We're in the mire once again - This time through no fault of our owners thankfully - but those that can dig deep really need to do so once again.

Been a fantastic effort from all concerned so far and it makes you really proud to be a Dee, but hopefully we can boost those ST figures substantially and in short order!

• Like 5

I'm glad he's coming out with interviews like this it let's us all know how things really are.. I'd be more concerned if he was coming out spouting nonsense and putting pretend bids in for players... I'm actually getting my 1st season ticket for about 10 years this week... No more working weekends will finally make it worthwhile 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Says that we've sold less than 10% of the ST's that we normally sell. Our average (From the few seasons that we have disclosed figures and an educated guess) is around 3500. That means we've sold less than 350 ST's so far. United have sold 5000+ as per their update on the 17th June. Hopefully our marketing team get heavily promoting our ST's over the coming weeks. I'm not comparing us to United as they have a promotion bounce and can look forward to football much earlier than we can what I am saying is that there is potential for us to hopefully sell much more than we have and at a fastening rate.

I think the problem with the season tickets is that the online system is, frankly, a shambles, and the ticket office has been closed.

I would normally have renewed my ST by now, but held off when it wasn't clear exactly what was happening with next season.  I want to renew it now, but so far haven't been able to.

• Like 9

Hopefully season ticket sales hampered with issues previously put up by posters have been ironed out . They need to get the finance deal for tickets up soon as well. I think multiple fund raising streams are better than the one to allow a new drive bounce / publicity / allow folk to know what the money is for / satisfaction of reaching target rather than just upping the target but I’m rubbish with money so probably last person on the planet to listen to!😂

lets hope as many as possible join dee lottery/ buy 5050 tickets/ delectable dee its in the blood stickers/ season books / something form the shop ( sale now on ) and a raffle ticket for away top ( ends today I think)

Also (not that I give much of a f**k) in response to ludos post regarding united selling 5000+ season tickets.. I know for a fact that many of those tickets have been bought and paid for last season.. Those fuckers are sleepwalking into disaster and I for one will piss myself laughing when their smug pusses are shut 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

United are in the top flight for the first time in years so their enthusiasm is understandable. More importantly they'll be playing football this summer. 

Hundreds of Dees have bought STs for a season that is four months away. I see that as a positive. Hopefully others who can will do their bit.

• Like 3

I'd usually have bought my season ticket by now I also dont use the online shop as it's a nightmare plus money has been tight for obvious reasons but will be back to work full time from monday so will get mine at some point this month 

• Like 5

A few Dees that I know have tried to buy online but haven't been able to do so.

I bought mine for a seat miles away from where I sit because it wouldn't allow me to scroll along. Then it wouldn't let me renew my son's and his kids. 

I'll do it in person when the shop opens.

I am however wondering if the IT looking after sales is run by Dave Bowman.

• Funny 4

Let's get the shop open and then take a look at numbers. Seems like most folk found the ticket ordering system a ballache at best.

• Like 2