Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Malky Mackay


Recommended Posts

It’s heartening to read that our neighbours seem committed to adding fuel to their own fire during a time where football is facing its biggest challenge in our lifetimes. Surely they can’t be considering this....it’s their Destefano moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
31 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I believe he did a great job at Cardiff but his name is toxic so he could be a disastrous appointment especially when you consider the changes that are happening in society right now.

Like most people I expect, I was a bit uncomfortable about the stuff coming out about Malky Mackay but its not like he was wearing a pillow case, he was being crass and offensive, the same as a lot of folk do. He'll be a dodgy call wherever he ends up because of what he texted  (????) but he was as decent manager. He's going to draw fire for what happened and its something that will no doubt follow him if he steps back into the limelight, for right or wrong, he'll forever be tarnished, despite doing the 'rehabilitation courses'.

Personally, he's the prick who introduced 'Project Brave', that's damning enough in my eyes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chomp my root said:

Like most people I expect, I was a bit uncomfortable about the stuff coming out about Malky Mackay but its not like he was wearing a pillow case, he was being crass and offensive, the same as a lot of folk do. He'll be a dodgy call wherever he ends up because of what he texted  (????) but he was as decent manager. He's going to draw fire for what happened and its something that will no doubt follow him if he steps back into the limelight, for right or wrong, he'll forever be tarnished, despite doing the 'rehabilitation courses'.

Personally, he's the prick who introduced 'Project Brave', that's damning enough in my eyes.

Do I think he should banished from football forever because of those leaks? Certainly not. I've heard worse and I do feel a bit sorry for him.

When you're in the public eye though you can't even retweet an article from a national newspaper without being destroyed (as we found out this week) so I think it would be an interesting appointment to say the least.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Do I think he should banished from football forever because of those leaks? Certainly not. I've heard worse and I do feel a bit sorry for him.

When you're in the public eye though you can't even retweet an article from a national newspaper without being destroyed (as we found out this week) so I think it would be an interesting appointment to say the least.

 

We live in a world of 'trial by media/facebook'. I'm not sticking up for Mackay as such but I can't speak for anyone else, I say all sorts of stuff that would be taken as offensive if it heard out of context or overheard by someone who was in the category that i was 'slagging' (maybe not the right word).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

We live in a world of 'trial by media/facebook'. I'm not sticking up for Mackay as such but I can't speak for anyone else, I say all sorts of stuff that would be taken as offensive if it heard out of context or overheard by someone who was in the category that i was 'slagging' (maybe not the right word).

I thought it was sh*t that Dele Alli was banned after a supposed friend shared a daft Covid joke he posted to his mates. How many of us have said something "inappropriate" around folk we know well? Most I imagine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I thought it was sh*t that Dele Alli was banned after a supposed friend shared a daft Covid joke he posted to his mates. How many of us have said something "inappropriate" around folk we know well? Most I imagine.

Didn't know about that but aye, its about context, I suspect 99% of us live in glass houses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Didn't know about that but aye, its about context, I suspect 99% of us live in glass houses.

I've got no tolerance for unashamed racism but I think it's human nature to josh about differences so I don't live by the same rules as the media.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I've got no tolerance for unashamed racism but I think it's human nature to josh about differences so I don't live by the same rules as the media.

Humour shouldn't be excluded from any part of life, even the 'distasteful' stuff. When you start telling people what they can and can't joke about then you might as well start burning the books too. Again, its context that is key, you wouldn't go up to a stranger and tell them an offensive joke, you can with people you know though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s a racist, a bigot, a Misogynist,   an anti-Semite and a homophobe. An absolute disgrace of a human. End of. I wrote an email of complaint to the SFA when they appointed him to say as a Scotland fan I was disgusted.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
×
×
  • Create New...