The Dark Blues

Malky Mackay

Rate this topic

It’s heartening to read that our neighbours seem committed to adding fuel to their own fire during a time where football is facing its biggest challenge in our lifetimes. Surely they can’t be considering this....it’s their Destefano moment.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your mate's dad missus must have been tidier and/or dirtier than mine, I'd go with the booze..... 🤣

I did like Frankie Boyle's take on it. Don't worry, its the first joke.

Would not surprise anyone if that despicable club hired a known racist. after all they've supported most other types of low life scum in the past, sexists, rapists, false accusers etc. so why would th

I believe he did a great job at Cardiff but his name is toxic so he could be a disastrous appointment especially when you consider the changes that are happening in society right now.

Would not surprise anyone if that despicable club hired a known racist. after all they've supported most other types of low life scum in the past, sexists, rapists, false accusers etc. so why would they change now?

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I believe he did a great job at Cardiff but his name is toxic so he could be a disastrous appointment especially when you consider the changes that are happening in society right now.

Like most people I expect, I was a bit uncomfortable about the stuff coming out about Malky Mackay but its not like he was wearing a pillow case, he was being crass and offensive, the same as a lot of folk do. He'll be a dodgy call wherever he ends up because of what he texted  (????) but he was as decent manager. He's going to draw fire for what happened and its something that will no doubt follow him if he steps back into the limelight, for right or wrong, he'll forever be tarnished, despite doing the 'rehabilitation courses'.

Personally, he's the prick who introduced 'Project Brave', that's damning enough in my eyes.

Just now, chomp my root said:

Like most people I expect, I was a bit uncomfortable about the stuff coming out about Malky Mackay but its not like he was wearing a pillow case, he was being crass and offensive, the same as a lot of folk do. He'll be a dodgy call wherever he ends up because of what he texted  (????) but he was as decent manager. He's going to draw fire for what happened and its something that will no doubt follow him if he steps back into the limelight, for right or wrong, he'll forever be tarnished, despite doing the 'rehabilitation courses'.

Personally, he's the prick who introduced 'Project Brave', that's damning enough in my eyes.

Do I think he should banished from football forever because of those leaks? Certainly not. I've heard worse and I do feel a bit sorry for him.

When you're in the public eye though you can't even retweet an article from a national newspaper without being destroyed (as we found out this week) so I think it would be an interesting appointment to say the least.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Do I think he should banished from football forever because of those leaks? Certainly not. I've heard worse and I do feel a bit sorry for him.

When you're in the public eye though you can't even retweet an article from a national newspaper without being destroyed (as we found out this week) so I think it would be an interesting appointment to say the least.

We live in a world of 'trial by media/facebook'. I'm not sticking up for Mackay as such but I can't speak for anyone else, I say all sorts of stuff that would be taken as offensive if it heard out of context or overheard by someone who was in the category that i was 'slagging' (maybe not the right word).

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

We live in a world of 'trial by media/facebook'. I'm not sticking up for Mackay as such but I can't speak for anyone else, I say all sorts of stuff that would be taken as offensive if it heard out of context or overheard by someone who was in the category that i was 'slagging' (maybe not the right word).

I thought it was sh*t that Dele Alli was banned after a supposed friend shared a daft Covid joke he posted to his mates. How many of us have said something "inappropriate" around folk we know well? Most I imagine.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I thought it was sh*t that Dele Alli was banned after a supposed friend shared a daft Covid joke he posted to his mates. How many of us have said something "inappropriate" around folk we know well? Most I imagine.

Didn't know about that but aye, its about context, I suspect 99% of us live in glass houses.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Didn't know about that but aye, its about context, I suspect 99% of us live in glass houses.

I've got no tolerance for unashamed racism but I think it's human nature to josh about differences so I don't live by the same rules as the media.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I've got no tolerance for unashamed racism but I think it's human nature to josh about differences so I don't live by the same rules as the media.

Humour shouldn't be excluded from any part of life, even the 'distasteful' stuff. When you start telling people what they can and can't joke about then you might as well start burning the books too. Again, its context that is key, you wouldn't go up to a stranger and tell them an offensive joke, you can with people you know though. 

• Like 1

He’s a racist, a bigot, a Misogynist,   an anti-Semite and a homophobe. An absolute disgrace of a human. End of. I wrote an email of complaint to the SFA when they appointed him to say as a Scotland fan I was disgusted.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Humour shouldn't be excluded from any part of life, even the 'distasteful' stuff. When you start telling people what they can and can't joke about then you might as well start burning the books too. Again, its context that is key, you wouldn't go up to a stranger and tell them an offensive joke, you can with people you know though. 

Context is everything. A couple of months back an Aussie friend said she was really upset about the convict jokes she constantly gets hit with in the UK as banter. That to me highlights how something can switch from banter to xenophobia in the blink of an eye. You've got to know your audience.

A good friend of mine used to call me Sweaty Sock. I hated it but I dismissed it as crap banter. Potentially though that is, I think, a hate crime.

Point is you have to consider who said what and to whom. The words alone don't tell the whole story.

I used to go on conference calls with fellow staff in England and one or two would do Scottish accents when I joined the call. What would have happened if I had done an Indian accent to some of them?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Context is everything. A couple of months back an Aussie friend said she was really upset about the convict jokes she constantly gets hit with in the UK as banter. That to me highlights how something can switch from banter to xenophobia in the blink of an eye. You've got to know your audience.

A good friend of mine used to call me Sweaty Sock. I hated it but I dismissed it as crap banter. Potentially though that is, I think, a hate crime.

Point is you have to consider who said what and to whom. The words alone don't tell the whole story.

I guess it comes down to how precious you are. I've had the 'sweaty/sweaty sock/porridge wog over the years, I do see it as different to some of the more extreme stuff that other 'communities' have suffered. I've been quite keen to throw it back at my morris dancing abusers.... 

• Like 2