The Dark Blues

Malky Mackay

Rate this topic

25 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I used to go on conference calls with fellow staff in England and one or two would do Scottish accents when I joined the call. What would have happened if I had done an Indian accent to some of them?

I do wonder why my white, middle class media friends in London are passionately against racism but taunting the Scots is totally cool. Is it related to colonial times in that we were considered partners rather victims? I don't know.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your mate's dad missus must have been tidier and/or dirtier than mine, I'd go with the booze..... 🤣

I did like Frankie Boyle's take on it. Don't worry, its the first joke.

Would not surprise anyone if that despicable club hired a known racist. after all they've supported most other types of low life scum in the past, sexists, rapists, false accusers etc. so why would th

12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I do wonder why my white, middle class media friends in London are passionately against racism but taunting the Scots is totally cool. Is it related to colonial times in that we were considered partners rather victims? I don't know.

We get stick, Cockneys get stick, Brummies get stick Scousers get stick, Posh Boys get stick...

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1
1 minute ago, BCram said:

We get stick, Cockneys get stick, Brummies get stick Scousers get stick, Posh Boys get stick...

Fair point BCram but Scotland is a country. We're not a region of England. Is there a difference between "filthy Pole" and "filthy Scot" in terms of offensiveness?

18 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Ultimately, we're a tribal bunch and are far too quick to pick 'teams', whether its politics, religion, sex, sexuality, football team, Eastenders V Corrie.... as a (human) race, we're far to quick to pick things that are different over things we have in common. We've not evolved as much as we'd like to think.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Ultimately, we're a tribal bunch and are far too quick to pick 'teams', whether its politics, religion, sex, sexuality, football team, Eastenders V Corrie.... as a (human) race, we're far to quick to pick things that are different over things we have in common. We've not evolved as much as we'd like to think.

Agree with this. It seems impossible to accept abuse now. Sticks and stones may break my bones are wrong, but somehow the second part,  but names will never harm me is unacceptable. People take offence now, and as you say we pick up on differences more than the things we have in common.

Good thing about this forum is that at its core is support for the club so people can stay pals and disagree.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Can't take your post seriously mate. Completely overlooked Emmerdale. 🥺

• Funny 3
Just now, Barfly said:

Can't take your post seriously mate. Completely overlooked Emmerdale. 🥺

EMMERDALE.... EMMERDALE..... now they''re the ones who should have the yellay stars on their backs..... Schweinhunds.

52 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Joey Barton 6/1

Yes please!

pleading cat please gif - Catsnap

Looking forward to Joey doing a Scottish accent in his press conference :D

• Funny 2
21 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

EMMERDALE.... EMMERDALE..... now they''re the ones who should have the yellay stars on their backs..... Schweinhunds.

Mein gott. Evidence of a misspent youth? Commando war comics were the biz for spotty adolescents of a certain vintage era. Unblemished types (myself included) were much more advanced in our evolution - trying to get the leg over for the first time. 😄 I wish I could be twelve years old again.

• Funny 1
5 minutes ago, Wackyjim said:

If Mackay gets the job then he instantly becomes a Dirty Arab b*****d.......... Can I say that or not ?? 🤔

Definitely 😁

11 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Definitely 😁

Maybe not?.... We might have to start calling them our Dear Arabian Brothers.. 😳

• Funny 1