Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Great Albums

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I suppose it all depends on whether you like Fleetwood Mac or not tbh.  There are numerous albums I have kept going back to over the years and although Rumours is one of them, I couldn't hand on heart say this is the best of them.

It also depends on your own taste.   If you look at any of these published lists of 'best ever' you usually find that Bob Dylan, The Beatles and Dark Side of the Moon are well up there.  Personally, I can't abide Dylans 'singing' voice, I was too young to really remember The Beatles but Dark Side of the Moon is another album I have enjoyed listening to over the years.  It's a good question and in the past I have tried to nail down what is the best imo but really couldn't do it.

However, honourable mentions for 'Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars', 'Off the Wall' and one I only recently got into 'Songs in the Key of Life'.  What is the best one though?  Don't know.

• Like 2

Rumours is a great album but it's not even my favourite Fleetwood Mac one - I prefer the previous 'white album', the first with Buckingham and Nicks.

Others for me would be Hunky Dory by Bowie, Stranded by Roxy Music, Turnstiles by Billy Joel, Tin Drum by Japan and Systems of Romance by the pre Midge Ure Ultravox. 

With very few exceptions, I think most bands to their best work early in their careers when they're still hungry and driven.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OCDee said:

Rumours is a great album but it's not even my favourite Fleetwood Mac one - I prefer the previous 'white album', the first with Buckingham and Nicks.

Others for me would be Hunky Dory by Bowie, Stranded by Roxy Music, Turnstiles by Billy Joel, Tin Drum by Japan and Systems of Romance by the pre Midge Ure Ultravox. 

With very few exceptions, I think most bands to their best work early in their careers when they're still hungry and driven.

100% on Fleetwood Mac and some other great choices there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OCDee said:

Can't argue with that, its weird eh ? You'd think that as they progress and become better musicians and more experienced generally in life that they would improve but aye, the "hungry and driven" seems to be the way ahead.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Can't argue with that, its weird eh ? You'd think that as they progress and become better musicians and more experienced generally in life that they would improve but aye, the "hungry and driven" seems to be the way ahead.

Yeah Chomp. It just came to mind a few weeks ago when I was thinking of my favourite albums and they were almost all from the early part of each band's career.

Things just seem to get too complicated and over produced - or it could just be that all the good ideas come out first.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I think for most of us its an impossible question to answer, I've got some albums I love but depending on what mood I'm in, their pecking order will change. I've got more into making playlists than albums although even favourite songs can change.

Very good point. I just felt that maybe Rumors stood out as a perfectly crafted album without a flaw.

Personally I prefer Fleetwood Mac before Peter Green left and would put their first self titled album as best. It is all down to your own age and era and preferences (I preferred Wish You Were Here to Dark Side of the Moon). If I had to pick an album from my younger days it would likely be a Cream release probably Wheels of Fire. Nowadays I listen to BB King, Muddy Waters etc. and more up to date blues eg Joe Bonamassa.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

For me it's Bruce Springsteen Born to Run. Love every song on that album.

And the first track imo is the greatest song ever written. 

You stuck your neck on the line and picked an album. Thanks!

Listening now. Quality.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected