Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Cobra

Best Album Ever

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Is it Rumors?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose it all depends on whether you like Fleetwood Mac or not tbh.  There are numerous albums I have kept going back to over the years and although Rumours is one of them, I couldn't hand on heart say this is the best of them.

It also depends on your own taste.   If you look at any of these published lists of 'best ever' you usually find that Bob Dylan, The Beatles and Dark Side of the Moon are well up there.  Personally, I can't abide Dylans 'singing' voice, I was too young to really remember The Beatles but Dark Side of the Moon is another album I have enjoyed listening to over the years.  It's a good question and in the past I have tried to nail down what is the best imo but really couldn't do it.

However, honourable mentions for 'Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars', 'Off the Wall' and one I only recently got into 'Songs in the Key of Life'.  What is the best one though?  Don't know.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think for most of us its an impossible question to answer, I've got some albums I love but depending on what mood I'm in, their pecking order will change. I've got more into making playlists than albums although even favourite songs can change.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Close to the Edge - Wikipedia

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours is a great album but it's not even my favourite Fleetwood Mac one - I prefer the previous 'white album', the first with Buckingham and Nicks.

Others for me would be Hunky Dory by Bowie, Stranded by Roxy Music, Turnstiles by Billy Joel, Tin Drum by Japan and Systems of Romance by the pre Midge Ure Ultravox. 

With very few exceptions, I think most bands to their best work early in their careers when they're still hungry and driven.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OCDee said:

Rumours is a great album but it's not even my favourite Fleetwood Mac one - I prefer the previous 'white album', the first with Buckingham and Nicks.

Others for me would be Hunky Dory by Bowie, Stranded by Roxy Music, Turnstiles by Billy Joel, Tin Drum by Japan and Systems of Romance by the pre Midge Ure Ultravox. 

With very few exceptions, I think most bands to their best work early in their careers when they're still hungry and driven.

100% on Fleetwood Mac and some other great choices there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, OCDee said:

Rumours is a great album but it's not even my favourite Fleetwood Mac one - I prefer the previous 'white album', the first with Buckingham and Nicks.

Others for me would be Hunky Dory by Bowie, Stranded by Roxy Music, Turnstiles by Billy Joel, Tin Drum by Japan and Systems of Romance by the pre Midge Ure Ultravox. 

With very few exceptions, I think most bands to their best work early in their careers when they're still hungry and driven.

Can't argue with that, its weird eh ? You'd think that as they progress and become better musicians and more experienced generally in life that they would improve but aye, the "hungry and driven" seems to be the way ahead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Can't argue with that, its weird eh ? You'd think that as they progress and become better musicians and more experienced generally in life that they would improve but aye, the "hungry and driven" seems to be the way ahead.

Yeah Chomp. It just came to mind a few weeks ago when I was thinking of my favourite albums and they were almost all from the early part of each band's career.

Things just seem to get too complicated and over produced - or it could just be that all the good ideas come out first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I think for most of us its an impossible question to answer, I've got some albums I love but depending on what mood I'm in, their pecking order will change. I've got more into making playlists than albums although even favourite songs can change.

Very good point. I just felt that maybe Rumors stood out as a perfectly crafted album without a flaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I prefer Fleetwood Mac before Peter Green left and would put their first self titled album as best. It is all down to your own age and era and preferences (I preferred Wish You Were Here to Dark Side of the Moon). If I had to pick an album from my younger days it would likely be a Cream release probably Wheels of Fire. Nowadays I listen to BB King, Muddy Waters etc. and more up to date blues eg Joe Bonamassa.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.