Paul McGowan

Rate this topic

Paul McGowan  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is your view of McGowan?

• An absolute treasure
    • He does a job
    • Wildly overrated

Gowser is in the news this weekend. Thought it might be a good time to do a poll on the player.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mike Tyson was a talented but troubled young sportsman and Cus D'Amato said it's "ok, you've made mistakes. You can become a better person." Dundee FC took the same approach with Gowser. I'm prou

After being backed to the hilt during his off-field antics, he has more than repaid the loyalty imo. His attitude, work rate and honesty is second to none and has been for god knows how many seasons n

Had a wee look on dab mad. Christ, that mob really are obsessed about the city's oldest club. They hang onto our every word. We're an albatross around their neck.  A hundred years after Sailor Hu

After being backed to the hilt during his off-field antics, he has more than repaid the loyalty imo. His attitude, work rate and honesty is second to none and has been for god knows how many seasons now. 

Yes he may have slowed, yes he can moan with the best of them. But by f**k he hates the Dabs every bit as much as we do! 

Recently after a COVID cut (number 4 all over) I was given the nickname Gowser by my sister and old man  🙈 Ken what, it doesn’t hurt one bit does it wee man! 👩‍🦲 

DDYB! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Funny 1
1 hour ago, dblair said:

After being backed to the hilt during his off-field antics, he has more than repaid the loyalty imo. His attitude, work rate and honesty is second to none and has been for god knows how many seasons now. 

Yes he may have slowed, yes he can moan with the best of them. But by f**k he hates the Dabs every bit as much as we do! 

Recently after a COVID cut (number 4 all over) I was given the nickname Gowser by my sister and old man  🙈 Ken what, it doesn’t hurt one bit does it wee man! 👩‍🦲 

DDYB! 

Mike Tyson was a talented but troubled young sportsman and Cus D'Amato said it's "ok, you've made mistakes. You can become a better person."

Dundee FC took the same approach with Gowser. I'm proud of my club's handling of him and proud of his response.

The whole McGowan situation is a textbook example of why the Norwegian rehabilitation system is a lot more effective than the American approach.

We might not have a cutting edge ticketing system but out handling of a player grappling with addiction issues has been different class, and the club needs to be applauded for that.

• Like 5

Had a wee look on dab mad. Christ, that mob really are obsessed about the city's oldest club. They hang onto our every word. We're an albatross around their neck. 

A hundred years after Sailor Hunter brought the first major trophy back to the city, Craig Wighton send them doon. A century from now they'll still be in our shadow.

• Like 2