Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Peak Derry

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
On 28/06/2020 at 00:13, dblair said:

During the deefiant season, singing we are Dundee super Dundee acapella holding up the cards in protest to the 25 points deduction. Sent shivers down the spine. It’s somewhere on YouTube but cannot find it

Found it 👌🏻💙

Despite having seen the famous European nights in the 60's incl. the 8 - 1 Cologne game it was the 70s Cologne game for me. Was in the Stand Enclosure for the earlier games and still a young lad. Was in the Derry for the second Cologne tie. The last 15 minutes were mental and the reaction of the crowd at the end and after the game walking 'doon the hull' was amazing. Away in Perugia was special too!

19 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Midweek 2-1 extra time win over the Dabs In the 80s. I’d dragged along 5 new student pals I’d met at freshers week. Man they were impressed and two still attend sporadically to this day. I couldn’t speak for days. 

Top game in my memory too but Cologne has to be up there. I recall Jock Stein once observing whilst at a Dens game that the South Enclosure “exploded”!

14 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Top game in my memory too but Cologne has to be up there. I recall Jock Stein once observing whilst at a Dens game that the South Enclosure “exploded”!

That was the game, the Cologne game that Big Jock was talking about Billy.

He was there that night, and if a Celtic manager, european cups and all was gobsmacked with the atmosphere that night, then for those not there it gives them an idea what it was like. Phenomenal !

For sheer noise as Valentke mentioned it would be the 2-1 et cup game against the dabs. Different kind of atmosphere, just a raw creshendo, but still made the hairs stand up.

I've nothing to add to this conversation other than imagine a program, set just before WW2 where men gather in one area to talk over how they'll take down the bloody Germans (as well as Killie) then throw their hats into the air and sing songs of killing United fans.

Welcome to the Peaky Derry. Coming to BBC Scotland in the fall.

Adblock Detected