The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this topic

Which one moment made you stop and think "f**cking hell, I love being a Dee"?

This one for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

When Keith Wright scored a hatrick against United in 1989 was some atmosphere, good Dundee team with lots of promise but poorly ran off the field.

• Love 1

During the deefiant season, singing we are Dundee super Dundee acapella holding up the cards in protest to the 25 points deduction. Sent shivers down the spine. It’s somewhere on YouTube but cannot find it

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 28/06/2020 at 00:13, dblair said:

During the deefiant season, singing we are Dundee super Dundee acapella holding up the cards in protest to the 25 points deduction. Sent shivers down the spine. It’s somewhere on YouTube but cannot find it

Found it 👌🏻💙

• Love 1

Despite having seen the famous European nights in the 60's incl. the 8 - 1 Cologne game it was the 70s Cologne game for me. Was in the Stand Enclosure for the earlier games and still a young lad. Was in the Derry for the second Cologne tie. The last 15 minutes were mental and the reaction of the crowd at the end and after the game walking 'doon the hull' was amazing. Away in Perugia was special too!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Midweek 2-1 extra time win over the Dabs In the 80s. I’d dragged along 5 new student pals I’d met at freshers week. Man they were impressed and two still attend sporadically to this day. I couldn’t speak for days. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Midweek 2-1 extra time win over the Dabs In the 80s. I’d dragged along 5 new student pals I’d met at freshers week. Man they were impressed and two still attend sporadically to this day. I couldn’t speak for days. 

Top game in my memory too but Cologne has to be up there. I recall Jock Stein once observing whilst at a Dens game that the South Enclosure “exploded”!

• Like 3

Speroni Testimonial at Palace for me.

90 minutes of celebrating Julian and being a Dee.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The Juan-2-3 derby was absolute pandemonium in the Derry. I was 'sat' right at the back, flung across the benches when each goal went in. Went home with no voice haha

• Love 1

14 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Top game in my memory too but Cologne has to be up there. I recall Jock Stein once observing whilst at a Dens game that the South Enclosure “exploded”!

That was the game, the Cologne game that Big Jock was talking about Billy.

He was there that night, and if a Celtic manager, european cups and all was gobsmacked with the atmosphere that night, then for those not there it gives them an idea what it was like. Phenomenal !

For sheer noise as Valentke mentioned it would be the 2-1 et cup game against the dabs. Different kind of atmosphere, just a raw creshendo, but still made the hairs stand up.

• Like 1

I've nothing to add to this conversation other than imagine a program, set just before WW2 where men gather in one area to talk over how they'll take down the bloody Germans (as well as Killie) then throw their hats into the air and sing songs of killing United fans.

Welcome to the Peaky Derry. Coming to BBC Scotland in the fall.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2020 at 18:37, dblair said:

Found it 👌🏻💙

This was special right enough and my young lad was lucky enough being one of the mascots on his birthday.

• Like 3

On 02/07/2020 at 09:30, StobbieDee said:

Speroni Testimonial at Palace for me.

90 minutes of celebrating Julian and being a Dee.

My first and only time outside the country with fellow Dees. Absolutely loved it.

I'll make sure I find the money for the next Euro trip, even if it's in Baku!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

My first and only time outside the country with fellow Dees. Absolutely loved it.

I'll make sure I find the money for the next Euro trip, even if it's in Baku!

When the plan was to play Sellick in Philly I was pretty determined to make it for similar reasons, missed a lot of Dundee games over the years with work so didn't want to miss out on a 'big' away occasion. Guess we'll have to wait mate.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

When the plan was to play Sellick in Philly I was pretty determined to make it for similar reasons, missed a lot of Dundee games over the years with work so didn't want to miss out on a 'big' away occasion. Guess we'll have to wait mate.

I was with London friends staying down there at the time so I didn't think this game was that big an occasion but then this wall of noise arrived from Dundee and I was thinking WTF? It was incessant. I saw a few familiar faces and it became the most awesome party.

Julian was left in no doubt that this was a good decision!

• Like 1