Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

United's Next Manager

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Looks like Wright has taken it. Good appointment if so for a very tough gig but think he'll be hounded out tbh. St Johnstone had periods of horrific form that he always come through very well, not really sure a club like United will accept that.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

Looks like Wright has taken it. Good appointment if so for a very tough gig but think he'll be hounded out tbh. St Johnstone had periods of horrific form that he always come through very well, not really sure a club like United will accept that.

That's probably a good appointment. You never know though.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

Looks like I was being premature. Talk now of McLaren in the papers tomorrow. 

Is a bit of a buffoon but he is a world class coach. Highly regarded at Man Utd, took Boro to a major European final, made history with Twente and managed England. Would be a pretty incredible appointment. Clearly Ogden is still throwing money around.

On 28/06/2020 at 22:39, Cobra said:

Is a bit of a buffoon but he is a world class coach. Highly regarded at Man Utd, took Boro to a major European final, made history with Twente and managed England. Would be a pretty incredible appointment. Clearly Ogden is still throwing money around.

Let's not forget sacked as England manager in what was the second shortest reign as manager in history (Sam Allardice being first), sacked by wolfsburg after one season, forest lasted ten games winning only two before quitting, second time round he resigned from Twente after criticism from fans, Derby County sacked after 18 months, Newcastle sacked after 9 months, returned to Derby and sacked after 6 months, QPR sacked 11 months in after winning 1 in 15. 

The Wolly with a brolly would be a good fit at Tannadice I reckon. Give him a 5 year contract then have to pay him off about 4 and a half years of it. 

The sh**e he blethers I struggle to understand how any professional footballer could take him seriously. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Let's not forget sacked as England manager in what was the second shortest reign as manager in history (Sam Allardice being first), sacked by wolfsburg after one season, forest lasted ten games winning only two before quitting, second time round he resigned from Twente after criticism from fans, Derby County sacked after 18 months, Newcastle sacked after 9 months, returned to Derby and sacked after 6 months, QPR sacked 11 months in after winning 1 in 15. 

The Wolly with a brolly would be a good fit at Tannadice I reckon. Give him a 5 year contract then have to pay him off about 4 and a half years of it. 

The sh**e he blethers I struggle to understand how any professional footballer could take him seriously. 

Dinnae take too much interest in othere fitba noo ... Feel there is enough happening (or no happening) wi the only Club that interests me...DFC.

But the bit above freend "The Wolly with a brolly" I'm intrigued with That's no the same clown that sauntered oot tae the Game a few years back,

holding an upright brolly in his hand, to either keep the wee drap rain aff his heid? Or worse to create a "Look at me, I'm Jack the Lad impression"

Dinnae even remember the game. But eh do mind checking oot the Secure Ward eh wis in to see if any Fellow Patients had escaped that day:chaplin:

Dundee Utd: Tommy Wright still in frame for manager's job - Tony Asghar

According to the BBC 25mins ago.

I know none of us here are gonna get too excited aboout the happenings of "them" 

But I think he is a manager that would get the best out of his players...if it happens.

Tommy Wright would probably be a sensible appointment given his record of having St J seriously punching above their weight, but I honestly can't see their fans accepting the style, and also the inconsistency. He would frequently go 6/7 games without a win. United fans I don't think will be as understanding as those up the road. 

25 minutes ago, an-dee said:

Tommy Wright would probably be a sensible appointment given his record of having St J seriously punching above their weight, but I honestly can't see their fans accepting the style, and also the inconsistency. He would frequently go 6/7 games without a win. United fans I don't think will be as understanding as those up the road. 

Also from Tommy Wright's point of view, I think he might not have the same freedom as he did in Perth, from what I gather Ogren likes to play with his new toy.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected