The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this topic

He's left Celtic. He turns 38 in December. He's keen to carry on playing.

Hearts seems the logical destination but we do need a keeper. There's probably little or no chance we could bring him to Dens amid the current crisis but I'd like to think we could make an enquiry.

Bit of a longshot but maybe Dees could provide a fund to help make an ambitious signing happen.

I doubt Gordon needs a final big payday. I suspect he wants guaranteed first-team football before he retires.

5 hours ago, Cobra said:

I doubt Gordon needs a final big payday. I suspect he wants guaranteed first-team football before he retires.

From what I've read that's exactly the point.  So, no harm in asking but I would imagine Hearts are a more attractive option but you never know. 

7 hours ago, Cobra said:

He's left Celtic. He turns 38 in December. He's keen to carry on playing.

Hearts seems the logical destination but we do need a keeper. There's probably little or no chance we could bring him to Dens amid the current crisis but I'd like to think we could make an enquiry.

Bit of a longshot but maybe Dees could provide a fund to help make an ambitious signing happen.

You'll never know for certain until you ask. No reason we shouldn't test the water.

The worst that could happen is he'd say no, and then maybe have a wee chuckle.

Feel a lot more confident seeing him there. As would the DFC Defending Players.

With the cost cutting going on, I’ll be surprised if we sign anybody 

• Like 6

I think it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth to the boys taking wages cuts if we were to be signing/attempting to sign  boys like Gordon who won't come cheap 

Edited by Dundeefc1783
Typo
  • Like 4

In truth I agree with the last two responses ... But freends, whit dis it cost to dream a little:chaplin:

Agree with above - Craig Gordon was on sportsound on Saturday - wants to play games and try and get into Scotland squad - suspect he sees himself in premiership but as someone said if you don’t ask.. comes across as a decent guy

• Like 1

Unless we can get Hamilton off the books I cannot see us signing a new keeper.

• Like 1

Thing is, we are asking our first team players to take wage cuts, pretty severe ones, but we ask the fans to cough up for a multi millionaire who is coming to the end of his career, rather we used the money for a younger upcoming keeper...

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

Thing is, we are asking our first team players to take wage cuts, pretty severe ones, but we ask the fans to cough up for a multi millionaire who is coming to the end of his career, rather we used the money for a younger upcoming keeper...

Far too much sense there for my liking Mr Sensible ;)

• Star Post 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Think this is the crux of it, its not going to do team harmony much good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Far too much sense there for my liking Mr Sensible ;)

Don’t get called Mr S for nothing 😉

And the cheque is in the post.

Edited by Mr Sensible
  • Funny 3

11 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Think this is the crux of it, its not going to do team harmony much good.

Yes agree, we need everyone pulling together next  season....

Everyone on off the pitch as one.

• Like 2

Craig Gordon-He’s just signed for Hearts. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Don’t get called Mr S for nothing 😉

And the cheque is in the post.

After some members have browsed through & dismissed some of my posts, it's been suggested eh should also be called Mr.S :happyyes:

But sadly, the S disnae stand for Sensible :wacko:

• Funny 2