The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this topic

Ends you've seen games at  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How many ends have you watched a Dundee game from?

2. 2. Which is your preferred spot?

• Derry/South Enclosure
    • Provvy/Bobby Cox
    • Main stand

Bit of a random question but I was thinking that I've watched a Dundee game from all 4 ends. I just wondered if that was the typical experience for a Dee.

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Bit of a random question but I was thinking that I've watched a Dundee game from all 4 ends. I just wondered if that was the typical experience for a Dee.

3 ends.. (not sat in shankly but I used to clean seats in it before matches) does that count? ūüėā I used to sit in the derry but now have a season ticket in the Bobby Cox¬†

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

3 ends.. (not sat in shankly but I used to clean seats in it before matches) does that count? ūüėā I used to sit in the derry but now have a season ticket in the Bobby Cox¬†

I'm pretty sure I was sitting in the Bob Shankly for the Perugia game but my first experience of being in the away end was when I was about 12 and Eric Ferguson, the DFC physio and a family friend, gave me a free ticket and for some reason I seemed to have access to the whole stadium. I remember going for a wander if front of the TC Keay End thinking "this is a bit weird".

• Like 1

Old enough to remember being able to walk round entire ground on match day other than where players come out. Old stand enclosure was fun as a kid when the club shop was little more than a kiosk. Having been in all sides pre and post Shankly & Cox Stands, Derry remains my place of choice.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Star Post 1

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Was in the TC Keay for the League cup final against them. I’ve no idea why we were in there. I seem to remember them getting the Provie Road end. 

• Like 1

Derry was the only place for me for 25 years. I can only recall watching one match from the Provie,a dreadful  2-1 win over Brora.

Two seasons in the Cox gave me ear ache. Last decade or more in the mainstand. TCK once for Liverpool Testimonial game. Yet to grace the Shankley.

Does that count as 5 ends @Cobra? 

• Funny 1

22 hours ago, Cobra said:

I'm pretty sure I was sitting in the Bob Shankly for the Perugia game but my first experience of being in the away end was when I was about 12 and Eric Ferguson, the DFC physio and a family friend, gave me a free ticket and for some reason I seemed to have access to the whole stadium. I remember going for a wander if front of the TC Keay End thinking "this is a bit weird".

I was in the Shankly for the game against Vilaznia, the only time I've sat there, couldn't make the Perugia game sadly.

• Like 1

You cannot beat the good old days when you could watch a game from 3 ends.

• Like 1

I was in the old TC Keay end for the George McGechie testimonial against Liverpool, then when we played Perugia I watched that from the Bob Shankly end.

Had an ST in the main stand during defiant season then went to the Bobby Cox stand whilst in the SPL. Last season I went back to the Derry with my mates as the kids are a bit older!  Best view in the stadium by a country mile, atmosphere has changed somewhat over the years tho. 

Completed the set about five years ago when we sat in the TC Keay end for that freezing winter's game against St Mirren under Hartley.  Obviously got shifted to the Provy Road end for a year after the Cox stand was built and the filth got the Derry.  

I started in the Main Stand, went to a few games in the Stand Enclosure, Derry until the Cox was built with a couple in the Provie, Cox for a few years and Main Stand again for the last few years. Was in the Shankly for the Dumbarton promotion game so the only available part of the ground I was never in was the old TC Keay end.

On 29/06/2020 at 17:53, Dandy McLean said:

Was in the TC Keay for the League cup final against them. I’ve no idea why we were in there. I seem to remember them getting the Provie Road end. 

I was there in the TC Keay as well it was packed and the view was rubbish.  I've been in every corner of the ground .... quite like block D row Aof the main stand.  Had a soft spot for the main stand enclosure as a lad

8 minutes ago, surreydee said:

I was there in the TC Keay as well it was packed and the view was rubbish.  I've been in every corner of the ground .... quite like block D row Aof the main stand.  Had a soft spot for the main stand enclosure as a lad

Was there not a blizzard and we all got absolutely soaked and freezing at one point?

On 29/06/2020 at 16:50, Cobra said:

Almost put 3 then remembered that I sat in the Shankley  the day we won the championship & there was another time the Shankley was used for home fans.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mary said:

Almost put 3 then remembered that I sat in the Shankley  the day we won the championship & there was another time the Shankley was used for home fans.

Was last home game of season v Partick £5 entry ground 3/4 full this probably before Nelms at the helms

• Like 1