The Dark Blues

Northampton

Rate this topic

Well done to the Cobblers on being promoted to League One, although I don't understand why they supported play-off games to go ahead.

Wouldn't it have made sense to cancel the play-offs altogether?

Maybe the English just lack the sensibility of the Scots.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I said it at the time and I’ll say it again. The only fair way to have saved all of this mess  was to null and void the season, and award prize money as leagues finished. Pretty simple really

I'll be honest, even the promoting Utd and relegating the others aside, despite having deluded visions of some sort of Ocean's Eleven style plot whereby we score big time, I find our behaviour to be r

Cobblers. 🙂

Northampton were seventh when the pandemic caused the shutdown. They have no plans to offer pay cuts to key players. It's almost as if they've been acting in their own best interests.

By the way, this is the last time I attack the club over the U-turn.

I accept there's little point in playing the same tune. We need to move on, but I'm still pissed off we didn't fight for promotion.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Well done to the Cobbers on being promoted to League One, although I don't understand why they supported play-off games to go ahead.

Cobblers. 🙂

• Funny 3
21 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I accept there's little point in playing the same tune. We need to move on, but I'm still pissed off we didn't fight for promotion.

Well, we'll find out soon enough what is to pass. The court case tomorrow in my opinion hinges on the court's decision on whether or not the vote we sent at 4:48pm that Friday was indeed a cast vote. Should they decide our vote was cast then Pandora's Box will truly have been opened, then who knows what happens from there.

If I cast a vote in an election at 4:48pm, returned home then decided I wasn't happy with my vote at around 6pm, went back to the polling station and asked for my vote to be discounted in order for me to vote again, I'd be told, very politely, to GTF 😂

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Well, we'll find out soon enough what is to pass. The court case tomorrow in my opinion hinges on the court's decision on whether or not the vote we sent at 4:48pm that Friday was indeed a cast vote. Should they decide our vote was cast then Pandora's Box will truly have been opened, then who knows what happens from there.

If I cast a vote in an election at 4:48pm, returned home then decided I wasn't happy with my vote at around 6pm, went back to the polling station and asked for my vote to be discounted in order for me to vote again, I'd be told, very politely, to GTF 😂

Nothing would delight me more than information emerging that makes me look a right mug.

I like Nelms, I want him to do well. I want him to make look stupid for doubting him. DFC is what matters.

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Nothing would delight me more than information emerging that makes me look a right mug.

I like Nelms, I want him to do well. I want him to make look stupid for doubting him. DFC is what matters.

It's not about anyone getting info wrong tbh, it's about us casting a vote before the deadline, which has been proven by the online footprint, that really should've counted whether received or not. If we'd voted Yes and for whatever reason it wasn't received, there's no way SPFL would've allowed us the opportunity to resend the vote at a time of our choosing.

In any case, the point I was making was once you cast your vote, it's final and should be considered as such, which is what I think this course case will hinge on.

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

It's not about anyone getting info wrong tbh, it's about us casting a vote before the deadline, which has been proven by the online footprint, that really should've counted whether received or not. If we'd voted Yes and for whatever reason it wasn't received, there's no way SPFL would've allowed us the opportunity to resend the vote at a time of our choosing.

In any case, the point I was making was once you cast your vote, it's final and should be considered as such, which is what I think this course case will hinge on.

How do you feel about Nelms changing his vote after finding out he had the power to promote United and relegate Hearts ans Partick?

8 minutes ago, Cobra said:

How do you feel about Nelms changing his vote after finding out he had the power to promote United and relegate Hearts ans Partick?

I'll be honest, even the promoting Utd and relegating the others aside, despite having deluded visions of some sort of Ocean's Eleven style plot whereby we score big time, I find our behaviour to be reprehensible. We cast a vote at 4:48pm, to me that is our vote and it can't be changed. The fact we were able to change it is corrupt on the part of the SPFL, the fact we changed it is corrupt on our part.

Edited by Ricky Spanish
  • Like 1
  • Star Post 3
1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'll be honest, even the promoting Utd and relegating the others aside, despite having deluded visions of some sort of Ocean's Eleven style plot whereby we score big time, I find our behaviour to be reprehensible. We cast a vote at 4:48pm, to me that is our vote and it can't be changed. The fact we were able to change it is corrupt on the part of the SPFL, the face we changed it is corrupt on our part.

Brilliant comment. It was absolute madness to invite Jambo fury when, realistically, we had nothing to gain.

It reminds of that international weekend when we replaced McCann with McIntyre and I was on my knees pleading, desperate to be wrong.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'll be honest, even the promoting Utd and relegating the others aside, despite having deluded visions of some sort of Ocean's Eleven style plot whereby we score big time, I find our behaviour to be reprehensible. We cast a vote at 4:48pm, to me that is our vote and it can't be changed. The fact we were able to change it is corrupt on the part of the SPFL, the face we changed it is corrupt on our part.

It's all very murky. The deadline that wasn't a final deadline meant any club that voted no could reverse their decision any time in the following 28 days if I remember correctly? Which, in effect, is what John Nelms did albeit after the confusion of the 'lost' vote which, admittedly, looks a bit grubby.

Strange arrangement for a members vote but the club reps ought to have known the rules beforehand?

Was our vote the only one to end up in the spam folder or were there others and they were retrieved well before the deadline?

Should our original vote have been counted as a spoiled ballot paper or that the club abstained from voting?

I doubt we will ever know the full truth of what happened.

• Love 1

Hearts and  Rangers risked their credibility by making ludicrous comments to support their aims. We did the opposite and I want to crawl in a ditch and pretend it didn't happen.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Cobra said:

Hearts and  Rangers risked their credibility by making ludicrous comments to support their aims. We did the opposite and I want to crawl in a ditch and pretend it didn't happen.

Sadly, without bringing it all up again, I agree ... I went from feeling proud of DFC & JN following the stance he made on his first vote. to a heavy feeling of shame, when he seemed to think he had maybe made a mistake. And so it was all right to change his mind....

I do not go through life, ever holding grudges.

& not simply because I am full of forgiveness.

But because usually, it's wasted time & energy.

What's happened is in the past. Behind us now.

DFC & JN...Lets make us feel proud again:chaplin:

9 hours ago, Cobra said:

There was no reason whatever for the play off not to go ahead.