Fans Group Donation Issue

Rate this topic

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't know that.  You're second paragraph is ridiculous. 

There's talk of a foundation thing being set up with monthly donations going straight to Dfc. Ian Baird is helping with setting up the website.  With this in mind maybe DFCSS are right to hold on

Perhaps the board are just treating Nelms with the contempt that he has shown towards all Dundee FC fans. There is no relationship built with the club and the fans.  I went to a Meeting inside De

9 hours ago, paulitto said:

Anyone know anything about this??

In tomorrow’s Courier ‘Top right Corner’

It must be the money DFCSS have that Steve Martin mentioned.

£38,000 the society holds apparently. 

Bob Hynd has resigned from the DFCSS Board over not donating some of this cash to the club. 😟

3 minutes ago, Budgem said:

£38,000 the society holds apparently. 

Bob Hynd has resigned from the DFCSS Board over not donating some of this cash to the club. 😟

Don’t know the ifs and buts about this but if club is in trouble surely it makes sense to give club at least some of the money. I like most of the fans are digging deep to help the club through this difficult period. 

According to the Courier (I know) Bob was the only DFCSS board member in favour of donating cash to the club!

Hence, he walked.

WTF?

• Wowzer 1

Ffs! From what I gathered in recent time’s, Bob was all that what was holding any thin line of cooperation between the club and the society together. Pretty sad it’s come to this. 

I can see that perhaps the society want some assurances or something in return for the money, maybe shares? This money was raised by fans of the club and members of the society I guess through fundraising events and membership subscriptions, so that when and if needed the society could support the club. I can’t see why now isn’t the right time to use this reserve to support the club. Baffled 😕 

Edited by dblair
  • Like 4
  • Star Post 1

While not exactly comparable to the United foundation, it's interesting that when they put it to the members over the £100,000 donation it voted hugely in favour of handing it over.

I'm not privy to what exactly has gone on between Dfc and DFCSS and am not apportioning blame I do think there's a danger with both sides that they are in a bit of an echo chamber and can't see the other point of view.

We need a Derry Kofi Annan to heal the rift.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

The rainy day has arrived. This money could pay a good salary for a player who may just help us get promoted.

For me the 'rainy day' is more along the lines of picking up the reigns if FPS walk away rather than gambling on pushing the boat out player wise.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 3
22 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

The rainy day has arrived. This money could pay a good salary for a player who may just help us get promoted.

What league winning player are you planning on signing for £30,000 a year? Concerning that supporters are being asked to chip in for direct running of the club.

Why has the investment from Amercia dried up in this time of crisis? Are the clubs directors on large salaries taking a pay cut to pay team wages?

17 minutes ago, bigrab said:

Worrying times.

Why? 

Ever since I remember there has always been problems with the society and the club. The folk in power hold all the cards and the SS try to stir angst up. 

I've said it for a very long time, they're self centred and want the cake and to eat it. That's not how it works, if they want to dictate how things go - save up more money and buy the Americans out. Otherwise put up or shut up. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Wowzer 1
  • Star Post 2

It's very important this issue doesn't become a witch hunt which happened before and ended with life long Dees chucking it. The trust board are huge Dees and are doing what they think is best.

My understanding is that DFCSS wanted another seat on the club board for the £40k while Dfc said this amount didn't warrant it. 

Perhaps a compromise would be a sale of shares to the DFCSS? Dfc gets the money, DFCSS gets a shareholding?

Sometimes an olive branch can heal divisions.

Instead of DFCSS getting club board representation, why don't we set up a fans' board including DSA, DFCSS and invite John Nelms to sit on it to forge closer links between fans and club and exchange ideas for the common good.

There are some very capable Dundee fans with great experience who could help the club. Why don't we harness their knowledge?

• Like 4
  • Star Post 2
31 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

For me the 'rainy day' is more along the lines of picking up the reigns if FPS walk away rather than gambling on pushing the boat out player wise.

Not pushing boat out at all, just having 11 on the park, others may walk yet.

30 minutes ago, Apollo said:

What league winning player are you planning on signing for £30,000 a year? Concerning that supporters are being asked to chip in for direct running of the club.

Why has the investment from Amercia dried up in this time of crisis? Are the clubs directors on large salaries taking a pay cut to pay team wages?

Not a fee.A salary, we are losing players in case you missed Meekings leaving. Others may follow. It could be just money stop us going tots up or drifting back into the wilderness. I assume there is only one director on a salary and he runs the whole ship.

Edited by Billy Campbell's Ghost