Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Fans Group Donation Issue

paulitto

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, Budgem said:

£38,000 the society holds apparently. 

Bob Hynd has resigned from the DFCSS Board over not donating some of this cash to the club. 😟

Don’t know the ifs and buts about this but if club is in trouble surely it makes sense to give club at least some of the money. I like most of the fans are digging deep to help the club through this difficult period. 

Ffs! From what I gathered in recent time’s, Bob was all that what was holding any thin line of cooperation between the club and the society together. Pretty sad it’s come to this. 

I can see that perhaps the society want some assurances or something in return for the money, maybe shares? This money was raised by fans of the club and members of the society I guess through fundraising events and membership subscriptions, so that when and if needed the society could support the club. I can’t see why now isn’t the right time to use this reserve to support the club. Baffled 😕 

Edited by dblair

While not exactly comparable to the United foundation, it's interesting that when they put it to the members over the £100,000 donation it voted hugely in favour of handing it over.

I'm not privy to what exactly has gone on between Dfc and DFCSS and am not apportioning blame I do think there's a danger with both sides that they are in a bit of an echo chamber and can't see the other point of view.

We need a Derry Kofi Annan to heal the rift.

20 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

The rainy day has arrived. This money could pay a good salary for a player who may just help us get promoted.

For me the 'rainy day' is more along the lines of picking up the reigns if FPS walk away rather than gambling on pushing the boat out player wise.

22 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

The rainy day has arrived. This money could pay a good salary for a player who may just help us get promoted.

What league winning player are you planning on signing for £30,000 a year? Concerning that supporters are being asked to chip in for direct running of the club.

Why has the investment from Amercia dried up in this time of crisis? Are the clubs directors on large salaries taking a pay cut to pay team wages?

17 minutes ago, bigrab said:

Worrying times.

Why? 

Ever since I remember there has always been problems with the society and the club. The folk in power hold all the cards and the SS try to stir angst up. 

I've said it for a very long time, they're self centred and want the cake and to eat it. That's not how it works, if they want to dictate how things go - save up more money and buy the Americans out. Otherwise put up or shut up. 

Adblocker Detected