Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Fans Group Donation Issue

paulitto

It's very important this issue doesn't become a witch hunt which happened before and ended with life long Dees chucking it. The trust board are huge Dees and are doing what they think is best.

My understanding is that DFCSS wanted another seat on the club board for the £40k while Dfc said this amount didn't warrant it. 

Perhaps a compromise would be a sale of shares to the DFCSS? Dfc gets the money, DFCSS gets a shareholding?

Sometimes an olive branch can heal divisions.

Instead of DFCSS getting club board representation, why don't we set up a fans' board including DSA, DFCSS and invite John Nelms to sit on it to forge closer links between fans and club and exchange ideas for the common good.

There are some very capable Dundee fans with great experience who could help the club. Why don't we harness their knowledge?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
30 minutes ago, Apollo said:

What league winning player are you planning on signing for £30,000 a year? Concerning that supporters are being asked to chip in for direct running of the club.

Why has the investment from Amercia dried up in this time of crisis? Are the clubs directors on large salaries taking a pay cut to pay team wages?

Not a fee.A salary, we are losing players in case you missed Meekings leaving. Others may follow. It could be just money stop us going tots up or drifting back into the wilderness. I assume there is only one director on a salary and he runs the whole ship.

Edited by Billy Campbell's Ghost

25 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Why? 

Ever since I remember there has always been problems with the society and the club. The folk in power hold all the cards and the SS try to stir angst up. 

I've said it for a very long time, they're self centred and want the cake and to eat it. That's not how it works, if they want to dictate how things go - save up more money and buy the Americans out. Otherwise put up or shut up. 

Why?

Can you not see the bigger picture here? We are hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate with very little coming in so the reported £500k losses in the past 3 months will continue to mount. This insurance we have won't pay out either.

I do not blame fans for not buying season tickets i made my stance a couple of month back that I wouldn't return till after Nelms goes and many are the same. I feel we will sell more season tickets if he went. 

1 minute ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Instead of DFCSS getting club board representation, why don't we set up a fans' board including DSA, DFCSS and invite John Nelms to sit on it to forge closer links between fans and club and exchange ideas for the common good.

This was proposed by Dee4Life I believe and never taken on by the club. It would be good to do, all bring experience to the table and would help heal the divide.

37 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

For me the 'rainy day' is more along the lines of picking up the reigns if FPS walk away rather than gambling on pushing the boat out player wise.

A pandemic is fairly rainy as is a losS of £500k in revenue. Out of our global fanbase of say 20,000 (cup final crowd) we only need 2000 to buy season tickets at an average of £200 and we have £400k. Surely we can do this?

Edited by Billy Campbell's Ghost

Complete lack of grown up thinking again here, which has characterised much of the DFCSS modus operandi. 

Refusing to 'handover 'cash is misleading. The money could be given as an interest free loan, repayable under certain conditions, promotion for example. 

It's not about lack of funding from Tim Keyes, or about providing money to buy a player, it's simply about helping out with cashflow to ensure liquidity during a very difficult time for the club. 

This is enormously petty behaviour from DFCSS under the 'rainy day' banner. Nelms is not immune from criticism either, far from it, but there's previous history at play here and it's particularly pathetic at his time.

Just now, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

A pandemic is fairly rainy as is a los of £500k in revenue. Out of our global fanbase of say 20,000 (cup final crowd) we only need 2000 to buy season tickets at an average of £200 and we have £400k. Surely we can do this?

Agreed, let's focus on that rather than a public witch hunt in the paper.

4 minutes ago, bigrab said:

Why?

Can you not see the bigger picture here? We are hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate with very little coming in so the reported £500k losses in the past 3 months will continue to mount. This insurance we have won't pay out either.

I do not blame fans for not buying season tickets i made my stance a couple of month back that I wouldn't return till after Nelms goes and many are the same. I feel we will sell more season tickets if he went. 

You don't know that. 

You're second paragraph is ridiculous. 

12 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

It's very important this issue doesn't become a witch hunt which happened before and ended with life long Dees chucking it. The trust board are huge Dees and are doing what they think is best.

My understanding is that DFCSS wanted another seat on the club board for the £40k while Dfc said this amount didn't warrant it. 

Perhaps a compromise would be a sale of shares to the DFCSS? Dfc gets the money, DFCSS gets a shareholding?

Sometimes an olive branch can heal divisions.

There are some very capable Dundee fans with great experience who could help the club. Why don't we harness their knowledge?

One body too many. Lets just have club and fans.

10 minutes ago, Apollo said:

What league winning player are you planning on signing for £30,000 a year? Concerning that supporters are being asked to chip in for direct running of the club.

Why has the investment from Amercia dried up in this time of crisis? Are the clubs directors on large salaries taking a pay cut to pay team wages?

The club have been looking to subvert the Society for a long time. This is just the next attempt, its usually some 'great cause' that they want the Soc to stump up for, often through the papers to try and whip up support, often from those who aren't even members of the Society. FPS have gone out of their way to take full ownership of the club, buying more shares than they needed to (I don't understand it all but I think if they get a certain percentage they get even more power) so they should be taking the rough with the smooth here. 30 grand would empty the Society and not fill much of a hole in FPS's finances. To put it into context, its a hundred and eighteen full price ST's. I just see this as the next phase of FPS trying to reduce or finish off the Society. 

If the Society wanted to put money in either as a donation or a sponsor or whatever fine but due to the 'dubious' relationship between the two in the past its a bit rich for FPS to be trying to strong arm the Society now, a bit like the Society trying to get FPS to chip in to boost their funds.

Adblock Detected