Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Fans Group Donation Issue

paulitto

9 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Who's to say DFCSS would be the vehicle for this in future, or be involved at all?

What makes you think they'd be trusted with anything like this again given their past failure?

I think sometimes you have to live in the present. The club needs help right now, most clubs do. The amount DFCSS are withholding could be given as a loan and would clearly be very helpful, but as an amount for helping take the club off Tim Keyes hands when he gets 'fed up'? Come on, it's completely insignificant in that regard. 

It's petty squabbling that is preventing unity. Old scores being brought up again. That's the real reason behind it. People who know, know. 

Each to their own on this stuff, I get your view, I would imagine plenty others see it the same way too. I do think the club have a brass neck though, they seem to expect DFCSS just to hand it over rather than loan it. They've made it clear that the two are very separate organisations. 

As for DFCSS ending up running the club, you're right, they might not and for those running the Soc, I hope they're not, nobody involved (to my knowledge) has a wish to run the club, as I say, I see it as insurance, even if someone else does take the reigns, there would be a sympathetic organisation there, hopefully with a much larger pot by then. I look at it as (hopefully) a very long term thing, quietly there in the background 'just in case'.

This might or might not be the 'rainy day' moment, not that my views will matter but I'm not sure that 30k will make the difference at the moment, assuming this is our 'rainy day' (not that we're not restricted to one 'rainy day'). Petty squabbling ? maybe, it seems that's how things roll, you have people in the mix then there's going to be squabbling, this case is no different, anything else would be a strict hierarchical way of doing things and as the club has made clear, DFCSS are very much NOT part of the set up at Dens. 

As for "People who know, know", depends on which people you speak to I guess.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Does every Scottish football club have this nonsense along the lines of Club/DSA/DFCSS/Dee4Life*

* not sure if Dee4Life exists any more.  If it doesn't then maybe some group could start up another organisation to completely confuse the matter.

As has been said many,  many times before, there is more than a wee bit of the PFJ and the JPF about this set up.  Monty Python could well have used DFC as their inspiration.

1 minute ago, Attilio said:

Does every Scottish football club have this nonsense along the lines of Club/DSA/DFCSS/Dee4Life*

* not sure if Dee4Life exists any more.  If it doesn't then maybe some group could start up another organisation to completely confuse the matter.

As has been said many,  many times before, there is more than a wee bit of the PFJ and the JPF about this set up.  Monty Python could well have used DFC as their inspiration.

Agree that ideally we'd just have the club with maybe a single fan organisation to chip in with stuff as required but sadly things have evolved the way they have. The admins have probably played a part in this, dunno. 

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

Kenny, that's not true. It was discussed with the club that these meetings would take place but the Society was never informed or invited when those meetings took place.

I’m sorry but I thought the DFCSS  was at the meetings 

Edited by KennethRoss

59 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Each to their own on this stuff, I get your view, I would imagine plenty others see it the same way too. I do think the club have a brass neck though, they seem to expect DFCSS just to hand it over rather than loan it. They've made it clear that the two are very separate organisations. 

As for DFCSS ending up running the club, you're right, they might not and for those running the Soc, I hope they're not, nobody involved (to my knowledge) has a wish to run the club, as I say, I see it as insurance, even if someone else does take the reigns, there would be a sympathetic organisation there, hopefully with a much larger pot by then. I look at it as (hopefully) a very long term thing, quietly there in the background 'just in case'.

This might or might not be the 'rainy day' moment, not that my views will matter but I'm not sure that 30k will make the difference at the moment, assuming this is our 'rainy day' (not that we're not restricted to one 'rainy day'). Petty squabbling ? maybe, it seems that's how things roll, you have people in the mix then there's going to be squabbling, this case is no different, anything else would be a strict hierarchical way of doing things and as the club has made clear, DFCSS are very much NOT part of the set up at Dens. 

As for "People who know, know", depends on which people you speak to I guess.

It's absolutely your prerogative how you spend your money, but there's an issue here. This current DFCSS fund, and indeed the organisation, was raised with the objective of helping the club. At least that's my understanding when I was paying into it. In that context DFCSS don't even represent all their members relating to this issue. 

I very much doubt you'll find a more precarious situation than at present, one season curtailed and another shortened with no crowds allowed, it's a huge hit on turnover. 

If you're saying the club have refused this as a loan then I'd find they very strange. More than likely there were conditions attached to the loan? 

I no longer pay into any DFCSS scheme precisely because of this type of behaviour. I would be happy to do so if I knew if it was benefiting the club but it isn't. This in-fighting is an embarrassment to all involved. It is petty and it really has to stop. 

And let's not kid ourselves that this is simply an issue with FPS. There's a crossover of individuals in DFCSS who were also involved with the Business Trust and used to withhold money from previous Boards in the same manner. Bob Brannan in particular was exasperated with these people dictating how money should be spent. 

Unacceptable. It pisses me right off.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 2

3 minutes ago, Alexis said:

It's absolutely your prerogative how you spend your money, but there's an issue here. This current DFCSS fund, and indeed the organisation, was raised with the objective of helping the club. At least that's my understanding when I was paying into it. In that context DFCSS don't even represent all their members relating to this issue. 

I very much doubt you'll find a more precarious situation than at present, one season curtailed and another shortened with no crowds allowed, it's a huge hit on turnover. 

If you're saying the club have refused this as a loan then I'd find they very strange. More than likely there were conditions attached to the loan? 

I no longer pay into any DFCSS scheme precisely because of this type of behaviour. I would be happy to do so if I knew if it was benefiting the club but it isn't. This in-fighting is an embarrassment to all involved. It is petty and it really has to stop. 

And let's not kid ourselves that this is simply an issue with FPS. There's a crossover of individuals in DFCSS who were also involved with the Business Trust and used to withhold money from previous Boards in the same manner. Bob Brannan in particular was exasperated with these people dictating how money should be spent. 

Unacceptable. It pisses me right off.

Where did DFCSS accrue the money they have in their account..if it was raised by us, the supporters then we should say where the money is spent not them..or am I talking pish?

• Like 1

What's not in doubt is the people involved with DFCSS have only the best interests/survival of Dundee FC at heart (died in the wool fans) perhaps they could put a statement out with their views and and any concerns they might have with recent events.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Campbell said:

What's not in doubt is the people involved with DFCSS have only the best interests/survival of Dundee FC at heart (died in the wool fans) perhaps they could put a statement out with their views and and any concerns they might have with recent events.  

Well, let's hope so, because if they're using this situation as leverage, for example, purely to give themselves more representation at Board level then they should be absolutely ashamed. In fact,  that would be unforgivable. 

• Like 1

Adblock Detected