Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dfcss Statement

Apollo

My responses, also already sent

a - yes

b - no more than 50%

c - 1.2, interest free loan but with a caveat that there must be a drop dead pay back date after which the society board could (at its discretion) apply interest. My thinking here is that it's all fine well offering interest free loans but the problem is there's no compulsion for the loanee to ever pay it back (most people will know I don't think the club board is to be trusted).

d - N/A

• Like 2

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I went the other way (if you excuse the expression), here's what I sent.

Hi guys, guess you're going to be busy with these so I'll get to it.

A. No
B. N/A
C. N/A 
D. I've no problem with putting money into the club per se although I'm not sure what c30k would actually do. While I wouldn't say no to 30k, for an organisation the size of DFC its buttons and I feel this is the latest 'ploy' by the club to weaken the Society. FPS have gone out of their way to increase their holding (including trying to lever the Society out of their A shares) to tighten their grip on the club. Fair enough, that's up to them but that should mean that its even more than before,'their train set' so without trying to sound harsh,its their problem. One I hope they sort and the insurance problems get resolved sooner rather than later i should add. If the vote is a YES then for me there has to be 'strings', whether its a loan or shares or whatever, while DFCSS is a DFC orientated organisation, its not a fundraising arm for FPS. 

Good work on helping with the Historic Trust, this is something that we've lacked I think and I look forward to visiting it when its up and running.

I'm happy for this to not be anonymous and used in any way you want and good luck with it all, I can see this turning into a bit of a bun fight.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mary said:

I've replied as well.

A...yes

B... Up to 50%

C... Interest free loan with conditions, like a set time to pay it back. I don't think the club would agree to giving the Society shares.

No, they're trying to hoover up all the shares so can't see them wanting to dish any out.

21 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

No, they're trying to hoover up all the shares so can't see them wanting to dish any out.

If it was ok for FPS to increase their shareholding by taking shares in return for "funding" the annual losses created by themselves then it should be ok for DFCSS to be given shares in return for their contribution.

Years ago I believe DFCSS put in place restrictions to try and ensure someone could not come in and have "total control" of the club. Seems like FPS found a way around it.

2 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

If it was ok for FPS to increase their shareholding by taking shares in return for "funding" the annual losses created by themselves then it should be ok for DFCSS to be given shares in return for their contribution.

Years ago I believe DFCSS put in place restrictions to try and ensure someone could not come in and have "total control" of the club. Seems like FPS found a way around it.

There's the 'A' shares which give different rights than the 'normal' ones, FPS have tried to get them from DFCSS in the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

There's the 'A' shares which give different rights than the 'normal' ones, FPS have tried to get them from DFCSS in the past.

And will continue to do so until they get them.

Unfortunately for them the club's constitution doesn't allow them to get their grubby mitts on the A shares which can only pass on to a similar organisation to DFCSS.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Just wanted to keep sight of this topic. i hope there's a good response to their request for suggestions about what to do with the available funds. Some kind of loan seems sensible to me but I'd like to be reassured that this was a popular suggestion.

• Like 2

On 18 July 2020 at 16:21, Prince Buster said:

And will continue to do so until they get them.

Unfortunately for them the club's constitution doesn't allow them to get their grubby mitts on the A shares which can only pass on to a similar organisation to DFCSS.

Think it is better to keep with the organisation that we have i.e. DFCSS rather than hand over the responsibility for ownership of the A shares and the existing ordinary shareholding to any other body. Hope all members make an effort to reply to DFCSS board.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Sent mine in - yes , up to 20000 for shares or loan , up to 3500 for trusts or season tickets , nil for ground

Each to their own and not trying to influence you (too late as you've already voted) but what good will 20k be to the club. Its nothing in their budget, just a token gesture. Big bite into the Soc's funds, unless its a loan (which again is small potatoes to the club).

9 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Each to their own and not trying to influence you (too late as you've already voted) but what good will 20k be to the club. Its nothing in their budget, just a token gesture. Big bite into the Soc's funds, unless its a loan (which again is small potatoes to the club).

I see where you’re at mate - my feeling is anything coming in is something ( as with other fundraising streams) and it’s just adding to that. The whole 35 k in the whole picture is small tatties. I just don’t want the society down to nothing - I fear it’s seen as an irrelevance by most as it is with money on the bank ( less than 200 members 😞)

• Like 1

Adblock Detected