Jump to content
The Dark Blues

Will Social Distancing Mean You May Need Season Ticket To Get Into Dens?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

If we sell 3000 tickets then pay at the gate may be not available? Wonder if that in itself makes a season ticket essential. And despite renewing seats we may to sit where we are told which is fair doos.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suspect you might be right Billy. Haven't had a season ticket for 15 years or so, but got one on Tuesday. Also got one at the same time for my brother whose never had a season ticket in his

So we are going to score? Every cloud....    

It might work but I am sure you will get a whine.

10 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

If we sell 3000 tickets then pay at the gate may be not available? Wonder if that in itself makes a season ticket essential. And despite renewing seats we may to sit where we are told which is fair doos.

It might be a nightmare to administer, not all ST holders will turn up all the time so there might be scope to let in some PATG fans too but it would all be last minute unless there was a section set aside for PATG..... I'm glad its not my job to sort it all out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

If we sell 3000 tickets then pay at the gate may be not available? Wonder if that in itself makes a season ticket essential. And despite renewing seats we may to sit where we are told which is fair doos.

Suspect you might be right Billy.

Haven't had a season ticket for 15 years or so, but got one on Tuesday.

Also got one at the same time for my brother whose never had a season ticket in his life before.

Even though I'm not keen on him, I got two together, so if social distancing comes in, then, silver lining.

Wait and see what October brings eh.

Strong need to support the club financially at this time though.

  • Like 7
  • Star Post 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

If we sell 3000 tickets then pay at the gate may be not available? Wonder if that in itself makes a season ticket essential. And despite renewing seats we may to sit where we are told which is fair doos.

When I bought our tickets on Tuesday I asked how social distancing was working in terms of seat allocations. He said people are getting the seats that they want but if social distancing is still in play when fans are allowed back in, depending on what the distance is, fans may have to be moved. It can be a nightmare establishing who are in the same household and can sit together and who are not, and will all people tell the truth to try and sit together?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

When I bought our tickets on Tuesday I asked how social distancing was working in terms of seat allocations. He said people are getting the seats that they want but if social distancing is still in play when fans are allowed back in, depending on what the distance is, fans may have to be moved. It can be a nightmare establishing who are in the same household and can sit together and who are not, and will all people tell the truth to try and sit together?

and will they keep the social distancing when we score ??? What can the stewards do about it etc. ? Could all go Pete Tong quite easily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

and will they keep the social distancing when we score ??? What can the stewards do about it etc. ? Could all go Pete Tong quite easily.

So we are going to score? Every cloud....

 

 

  • Funny 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

On the IT side, we need the infrastructure sorted to bring us into the 00s - the test and trace requirements will mean that data will be stored so no one can just PATG without handing info over. We see how slow things go and how hard the staff in the shop have to work now trying to do really simple tasks, it's clearly not viable to keep doing things in the same way. Even something like printed tickets, it was woefully inefficient and bad environmentally before we're even considering the added risk of transmission (mainly in forcing the contacts in shop)! I don't think we even have contactless payments!

I suspect some of this may be factored into some of the costs Nelms mentioned in his interview. It's all off the shelf tech and we've seen Ayr with a system this season that would do the job. If we don't fully embrace this approach, it'll deffo bit our a**e further down the line.

Re attendance, Aberdeen were saying they expect to start with 33% capacity, I don't know how they arrived at that but a similar no would put us at 3.8k, I suspect with everything that would probably give us a flex of around 1k after sales but that's just a guess - seen some English clubs thinking they could get to 50%.

Assuming it's just a home crowd, I wonder if we could set-up a system to give some separation to the entrances/exit. Maybe the steps to the west of the Derry could be opened and even temp walkways which connect the flanks of the Derry to behind the goals if that helped.  The release of fans at the end of the game could be staggered by section to minimise contact. I think there are ways of doing things to minimise contact that could be relatively simple and I'm sure in the current climate, everyone would make extra effort to behave.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

On the IT side, we need the infrastructure sorted to bring us into the 00s - the test and trace requirements will mean that data will be stored so no one can just PATG without handing info over. We see how slow things go and how hard the staff in the shop have to work now trying to do really simple tasks, it's clearly not viable to keep doing things in the same way. Even something like printed tickets, it was woefully inefficient and bad environmentally before we're even considering the added risk of transmission (mainly in forcing the contacts in shop)! I don't think we even have contactless payments!

I suspect some of this may be factored into some of the costs Nelms mentioned in his interview. It's all off the shelf tech and we've seen Ayr with a system this season that would do the job. If we don't fully embrace this approach, it'll deffo bit our a**e further down the line.

Re attendance, Aberdeen were saying they expect to start with 33% capacity, I don't know how they arrived at that but a similar no would put us at 3.8k, I suspect with everything that would probably give us a flex of around 1k after sales but that's just a guess - seen some English clubs thinking they could get to 50%.

Assuming it's just a home crowd, I wonder if we could set-up a system to give some separation to the entrances/exit. Maybe the steps to the west of the Derry could be opened and even temp walkways which connect the flanks of the Derry to behind the goals if that helped.  The release of fans at the end of the game could be staggered by section to minimise contact. I think there are ways of doing things to minimise contact that could be relatively simple and I'm sure in the current climate, everyone would make extra effort to behave.

I admire your faith in human nature H but I'm afraid that at the end of day, selfishness and a certain amount of stupidity may win the day.

I was in Dundee city centre today and the ignorance of the majority of people with regard to the wearing of face masks in shops was shocking.  I doubt if 10% of people were wearing them.  This after repeatedly being told how important it is to wear these things in shops and on public transport.  I'm afraid the 'I'm all right and f**k everybody else' attitude will be on show in great numbers when games do return.

We were driving home when the radio news announced that NS had made the wearing of them compulsory.

  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I admire your faith in human nature H but I'm afraid that at the end of day, selfishness and a certain amount of stupidity may win the day.

I was in Dundee city centre today and the ignorance of the majority of people with regard to the wearing of face masks in shops was shocking.  I doubt if 10% of people were wearing them.  This after repeatedly being told how important it is to wear these things in shops and on public transport.  I'm afraid the 'I'm all right and f**k everybody else' attitude will be on show in great numbers when games do return.

We were driving home when the radio news announced that NS had made the wearing of them compulsory.

I work in retail and we will be operating a strict mask policy from Monday. No mask, no wine! That will work.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Attilio said:

 

 I'm afraid the 'I'm all right and f**k everybody else' attitude will be on show in great numbers when games do return.

I suspect you're right. More than likely it will descend into a free-for-all. Too many folk behaving as if the pandemic is a myth.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I admire your faith in human nature H but I'm afraid that at the end of day, selfishness and a certain amount of stupidity may win the day.

I was in Dundee city centre today and the ignorance of the majority of people with regard to the wearing of face masks in shops was shocking.  I doubt if 10% of people were wearing them.  This after repeatedly being told how important it is to wear these things in shops and on public transport.  I'm afraid the 'I'm all right and f**k everybody else' attitude will be on show in great numbers when games do return.

We were driving home when the radio news announced that NS had made the wearing of them compulsory.

Where does the Scottish Government get its advice from on the wearing of face masks, is it the same as the other 3 countries?

Jason Leitch was saying weeks ago that face masks didn’t prevent you from catching or spreading the virus in shops etc.

now it’s mandatory.....

very strange.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I work in retail and we will be operating a strict mask policy from Monday. No mask, no wine! That will work.

It might work but I am sure you will get a whine.

  • Funny 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I work in retail and we will be operating a strict mask policy from Monday. No mask, no wine! That will work.

Will you be ok with a burka should I happen to visit? 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Where does the Scottish Government get its advice from on the wearing of face masks, is it the same as the other 3 countries?

Jason Leitch was saying weeks ago that face masks didn’t prevent you from catching or spreading the virus in shops etc.

now it’s mandatory.....

very strange.

A substantial amount of data has come out in the past month or so. Just to put the growth in perspective, around half of the global cases come in the last 5 weeks alone and it's been tracked for 30 weeks since the start of December and 'patient zero'.

In the last few weeks, it's become apparent with the better quality of patient data available (remember some of the info from the early stages was seen as highly suspect) that the asymptomatic transmission has been dramatically worse than thought. That's where we've seen a bit of a change with talk about face coverings etc.

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, harry94 said:

A substantial amount of data has come out in the past month or so. Just to put the growth in perspective, around half of the global cases come in the last 5 weeks alone and it's been tracked for 30 weeks since the start of December and 'patient zero'.

In the last few weeks, it's become apparent with the better quality of patient data available (remember some of the info from the early stages was seen as highly suspect) that the asymptomatic transmission has been dramatically worse than thought. That's where we've seen a bit of a change with talk about face coverings etc.

Why not in England, Wales etc?

Do all countries not get their advice from SAGE?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.