Nelms Might Have To Testify At Hearts Patrick's Court Hearing

Rate this topic

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely makes me wish we had stuck to our original vote, pushed for making the season void and then once the clubs had decided to eventually call the season fought tooth and nail to keep play offs

Nelms was only doing his best for the Club. League reconstruction would have benefited many of the Clubs under threat so the opportunity to be able to discuss any such proposals was made possible. Eve

Like most, I was happy to go with NO in the vote but when things took a turn for the bizarre we had nothing to lose by trying to stop the process. The thing is, we don't know what was up for discussio

Dundee had every right to change there vote, the reasons behind how we chose to vote are private unless we choose to divulge them.

We have no obligation to explain to anyone how we came to the decisions we did.

I wish we had stuck to our original vote but the idea we have to justify anything in a democratic voting prcess is nonsense.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Alternative said:

Dundee had every right to change there vote, the reasons behind how we chose to vote are private unless we choose to divulge them.

I wish we had stuck to our original vote but the idea we have to justify anything in a democratic voting prcess is nonsense.

We might just be turning up to confirm we sent in a vote before the deadline (which wasn't a deadline), there might be not a lot in this, we'll have to wait and see. Might be worth getting an extra big bag of popcorn in though. 🍿😉

Definitely makes me wish we had stuck to our original vote, pushed for making the season void and then once the clubs had decided to eventually call the season fought tooth and nail to keep play offs even if they were to be at the start of the new season. I see no good from what we did. It has made us look bad in the eyes of many clubs. JN having to testify will only prolong our bad publicity. We gained nothing from the whole affair which imo has been an unmitigated PR fiasco for the club. I just wish it were all over and we were back to playing again!

• Like 7
1 minute ago, troodee1893 said:

Definitely makes me wish we had stuck to our original vote, pushed for making the season void and then once the clubs had decided to eventually call the season fought tooth and nail to keep play offs even if they were to be at the start of the new season. I see no good from what we did. It has made us look bad in the eyes of many clubs. JN having to testify will only prolong our bad publicity. We gained nothing from the whole affair which imo has been an unmitigated PR fiasco for the club. I just wish it were all over and we were back to playing again!

You think WE'RE in a PR fiasco, could be worse, we could be Hearts. 🤣

9 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

We gained nothing from the whole affair which imo has been an unmitigated PR fiasco for the club. 

And you would expect different?

9 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

You think WE'RE in a PR fiasco, could be worse, we could be Hearts. 🤣

I know but it is all self inflicted on our part. We shouldn't be where we are.

3 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

I'm still not convinced by this but it doesn't really matter, it is what it is and us fans are unlikely to ever find out what was discussed. It will blow over in time. 

Break out the popcorn mate, sit back and enjoy the soap opera of Scottish football. 😜

1 hour ago, troodee1893 said:

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

I'm still not convinced by this but it doesn't really matter, it is what it is and us fans are unlikely to ever find out what was discussed. It will blow over in time. 

Break out the popcorn mate, sit back and enjoy the soap opera of Scottish football. 😜

Nelms was only doing his best for the Club. League reconstruction would have benefited many of the Clubs under threat so the opportunity to be able to discuss any such proposals was made possible. Even though it failed, I believe it was a worthwhile venture. 

• Like 7
29 minutes ago, Rebbkintyre said:

Nelms was only doing his best for the Club. League reconstruction would have benefited many of the Clubs under threat so the opportunity to be able to discuss any such proposals was made possible. Even though it failed, I believe it was a worthwhile 

Nelms could have stuck with the no vote and still been an advocate for reconstruction.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Densderry75 said:

Nelms could have stuck with the no vote and still been an advocate for reconstruction.

Like most, I was happy to go with NO in the vote but when things took a turn for the bizarre we had nothing to lose by trying to stop the process. The thing is, we don't know what was up for discussion. League reconstruction was the biggy and while it didn't go through that doesn't mean that it wasn't seriously pursued. Easy to say now (or even at the time) that it was naive/wrong/blah blah blah but ultimately we don't know the details.

Do you really think that would have been the end of it, clubs were desperate to get their cash and put an end to the season so they knew where they stood. Especially the 'wee' clubs. Despite league reconstruction being dangled as something to be discussed, do you really think it would have been MORE likely without a club putting pressure on to make it happen considering how it turned out. At least we tried.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Like most, I was happy to go with NO in the vote but when things took a turn for the bizarre we had nothing to lose by trying to stop the process. The thing is, we don't know what was up for discussion. League reconstruction was the biggy and while it didn't go through that doesn't mean that it wasn't seriously pursued. Easy to say now (or even at the time) that it was naive/wrong/blah blah blah but ultimately we don't know the details.

Do you really think that would have been the end of it, clubs were desperate to get their cash and put an end to the season so they knew where they stood. Especially the 'wee' clubs. Despite league reconstruction being dangled as something to be discussed, do you really think it would have been MORE likely without a club putting pressure on to make it happen considering how it turned out. At least we tried.

Agree with this, we tried, maybe more in hope, but I still think JN was played. Not sure by who but it does still not sit well.If the court asks him why then we may find out but given the rules of the vote I guess he may not have to give any reason.

1 minute ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Agree with this, we tried, maybe more in hope, but I still think JN was played. Not sure by who but it does still not sit well.If the court asks him why then we may find out but given the rules of the vote I guess he may not have to give any reason.

I have absolutely zero to back this up, all speculation and pet theory but could it not be along the lines of the traditional stumbling blocks to league reconstruction, the OF giving sureties that they would agree to it so maybe the SPFL (and the club) assumed that it was more likely to go through while knowing that there were no guarantees. That so many SPL clubs voted against it maybe came as a shock to all involved. That the other proposals were also shot down is more of a shocker, it looks like all options were doomed and by the Hamilton's of the world rather than the Celtic's. 

I can understand the desire to assume that somehow we're the chumps of the piece, we associate ourselves with the club but sometimes shiit happens.

• Like 2

Going Forward JN has to Appreciate 1 Thing.

You look after Yourself First in Scottish Football because That’s what EVERY other Club does.

No More Mr Nice Guy.

You tried, Don’t Dangle yer a**e again and let others use it like a Pinata.

... Unless that’s your thing of course 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Alternative said:

Unfortunately, we may become part of the legal process and therefore would be obliged to explain our actions - not necessarily explaining the decision but how our late change of mind came about.