Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Nelms Might Have To Testify At Hearts Patrick's Court Hearing

DFC1974

1 minute ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Agree with this, we tried, maybe more in hope, but I still think JN was played. Not sure by who but it does still not sit well.If the court asks him why then we may find out but given the rules of the vote I guess he may not have to give any reason.

I have absolutely zero to back this up, all speculation and pet theory but could it not be along the lines of the traditional stumbling blocks to league reconstruction, the OF giving sureties that they would agree to it so maybe the SPFL (and the club) assumed that it was more likely to go through while knowing that there were no guarantees. That so many SPL clubs voted against it maybe came as a shock to all involved. That the other proposals were also shot down is more of a shocker, it looks like all options were doomed and by the Hamilton's of the world rather than the Celtic's. 

I can understand the desire to assume that somehow we're the chumps of the piece, we associate ourselves with the club but sometimes shiit happens.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Going Forward JN has to Appreciate 1 Thing.

You look after Yourself First in Scottish Football because That’s what EVERY other Club does.

No More Mr Nice Guy.

You tried, Don’t Dangle yer a**e again and let others use it like a Pinata.

... Unless that’s your thing of course 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alternative said:

Dundee had every right to change there vote, the reasons behind how we chose to vote are private unless we choose to divulge them.

We have no obligation to explain to anyone how we came to the decisions we did.

I wish we had stuck to our original vote but the idea we have to justify anything in a democratic voting prcess is nonsense.

Unfortunately, we may become part of the legal process and therefore would be obliged to explain our actions - not necessarily explaining the decision but how our late change of mind came about.  

19 hours ago, Alternative said:

Dundee had every right to change there vote, the reasons behind how we chose to vote are private unless we choose to divulge them.

We have no obligation to explain to anyone how we came to the decisions we did.

I wish we had stuck to our original vote but the idea we have to justify anything in a democratic voting prcess is nonsense.

What do you mean “We”? John Nelm’s has explained NOTHING meaningful about what went on and made himself a laughing stock in the process. Type his name in to Twitter to see what the rest of Scottish a Football now think of our clubs MD.

”we” absolutely deserve a full explanation, or at the very least “I” do, as a shareholder, season ticket holder, and spender of hundreds of pounds each year in the club shop. Nelms has absolutely contempt for the fans and only the blind continues to defend him. The job he’s done  at the club has been horrific. We’ve got backwards on nearly every level,

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

17 hours ago, Rebbkintyre said:

Nelms was only doing his best for the Club. League reconstruction would have benefited many of the Clubs under threat so the opportunity to be able to discuss any such proposals was made possible. Even though it failed, I believe it was a worthwhile venture. 

Nelms thought that sacrificing the play-offs, promoting United, relegating Hearts, Partick and Stranraer while giving the SPFL and Celtic what they wanted and speeding up payouts for league placements during the pandemic was the best thing to do.

It's impossible to know for sure why he came to that conclusion. He thought it was best for DFC long-term? He felt pressured by the bigwigs? He was driven by a desire to assist vulnernable smaller clubs? All we can do is guess. I suspect there were a number of factors at play. He certainly wasn't totally focused on his club's short-term aims like Budge and others.

It's possible that fighting for the play-offs didn't even cross his mind because of the pandemic and he didn't really think it mattered too much to Dundee whether he voted yes or no so toeing the SPFL line was the sensible thing to do.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected