Spence, Wilkie and Douglas Columns In Courier/Tully

Rate this topic

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure how anyone can take anything that Spence says seriously. The mans a havering chunt

Ha, funnily enough I've had a couple of conversations with Dees in a similar vein, the lack of any sort of 'comradeship' between fans and the club is disappointing. Also had the familiar story of cont

Spence’s article last week was verging on blasphemy when he stated “Dundee’s business insurance was not worth the paper it is written on”. Everyone knows the only thing holding up the payout is becaus

Going off DCT rapidly. No surprise to look at the back page and see DAB stuff all over the place then the next 4 inside pages just the same, padded out with ex dab this and ex dab that, to fill the entire page. The cost of this rag now is solely due to the cost of tangy ink for the oversized pics. 😡

The Fermers are next and if there's enough space, the Dee might get a mention. 

Seriously though, it should as a fairly widely read paper cover ALL local teams equally, not just the current  top flight. Are Dee supporters lesser beings whose need to hear about their team are to be ignored. (Especially as we are not going to hear anything from Nelms.)

Dabs use DCs very well whilst we seem to be avoidingpublicity. DFC could be the first business Keyes Capital have invested in that has consumers, customers, call us what you wish.
we need to be more street wise on Comms and PR than we are. Just asking us to buy season tickets is all very well but we need a spirit at the club and we need more good news stories. Maybe the Kilmac thing Nelms mentioned will pop out today and some more players staying at Dens. 
Thinking caps on guys at Dens

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1
8 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Dabs use DCs very well whilst we seem to be avoidingpublicity. DFC could be the first business Keyes Capital have invested in that has consumers, customers, call us what you wish.
we need to be more street wise on Comms and PR than we are. Just asking us to buy season tickets is all very well but we need a spirit at the club and we need more good news stories. Maybe the Kilmac thing Nelms mentioned will pop out today and some more players staying at Dens. 
Thinking caps on guys at Dens

Ha, funnily enough I've had a couple of conversations with Dees in a similar vein, the lack of any sort of 'comradeship' between fans and the club is disappointing. Also had the familiar story of contacting the club to arrange a mascot deal and the club not getting back. It might be a bit of a pain for the club to have to pander to us but this pandering will be the thing that generates more hospo and other income streams. 

• Like 5

Maybe quite a few of those who would normally be handling this type of thing are furloughed?

6 minutes ago, BCram said:

Maybe quite a few of those who would normally be handling this type of thing are furloughed?

Maybe BC ... But whoever is supposed to be responsible for this kind of thing, including general Comms. & PR, between Fans & Clubs have never appeared to be too good at it, now or in the distant past.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, BCram said:

Its always been like that. I remember a supporters club sponsoring a player and the club went ahead with the mentions in the programme, website etc but never asked for the money!, Now that is shambolic!

Spence’s article last week was verging on blasphemy when he stated “Dundee’s business insurance was not worth the paper it is written on”. Everyone knows the only thing holding up the payout is because the High Court has been asked to set a limit on any claim because every insurer is being hit with huge numbers of claims. How any editor could let that wording be published is beyond me.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Yure Man said:

Spence’s article last week was verging on blasphemy when he stated “Dundee’s business insurance was not worth the paper it is written on”. Everyone knows the only thing holding up the payout is because the High Court has been asked to set a limit on any claim because every insurer is being hit with huge numbers of claims. How any editor could let that wording be published is beyond me.

Let's not forget this. If he is right, fair play to him BUT if we get a payout then IMO, we should remind him, on all his social media, of his comment.

• Like 1

I think Spence is a dab. If that's the case, fair enough. Always seemed to treat our club with respect so I really don't worry anything he comes out with. He's proven himself to be professional journalist.

• Like 1

He readily admits to supporting United but, as you say, he is a proper journalist.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BCram said:

He readily admits to supporting United but, as you say, he is a proper journalist.

Yeah that's totally cool. I like Spence. He's a pro.

As for that St Johnstone fan on the radio however. That's a different matter. Vindictive piece of sh*t.

• Star Post 1

I think we have the best derby in the country.

I've invited pals up from England and they're amazed at the pre-match banter and good natured behaviour of folk.

I worked at Old Firm games as a student and remember kids being stabbed. Who wants that?

That said, I don't take a derby defeat well. I'm f**cking fizzing.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I think we have the best derby in the country.

I've invited pals up from England and they're amazed at the pre-match banter and good natured behaviour of folk.

I worked at Old Firm games as a student and remember kids being stabbed. Who wants that?

That said, I don't take a derby defeat well. I'm f**cking fizzing.

I’m fizzing every time we lose - my blood pressure will kill me ! 

• Funny 1