The Dark Blues

This Site

Rate this topic

Should we shut this website down or should Dees donate something to keep it going?

Your call

Even a quid makes a difference.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The club doesn't give us the forum to discuss and / or criticise the way this forum does. Certainly give money direct to the club but if you want an open forum where you can express your opinion and r

I think there is a difference between people that feel they are on a forum and those that feel they are part of a forum. I have donated to the forum and to whatever initiative we have come up wit

Thank you Cobra, this means a lot from Scott and Myself. To everyone who has contributed to the site, either through contributions/donations or the time you spend on the forum making it a fantast

Not intending to spread panic btw. I don't think the site is in any immediate danger. I just think if you care about the site you should donate something (if you can) because it's far from certain it will around forever, given the costs.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

I good for a monthly S/O mandate to give ,if we got a few to give £5/10 that would keep the site going,how do I get bank info?

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, tommy the tap in king said:

I would rather give my money to the club itself if I am being honest

Doesn’t cost much to run a website and forum ,there are plenty of platforms that provide free access footymad being one of them.

But is it interuppted by constant pop up ads? Some newspaper sites are awful and it stops me viewing

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jojo gunn said:

I good for a monthly S/O mandate to give ,if we got a few to give £5/10 that would keep the site going,how do I get bank info?

If you go into your 'account' (name in the corner) there's a 'manage subscriptions', in there you can set up a recurring 10 a month donation. Is this the sort of thing you're looking for ?

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

If you go into your 'account' (name in the corner) there's a 'manage subscriptions', in there you can set up a recurring 10 a month donation. Is this the sort of thing you're looking for ?

Cheers 

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

The club doesn't give us the forum to discuss and / or criticise the way this forum does. Certainly give money direct to the club but if you want an open forum where you can express your opinion and read the honest opinions of others it's this one.

Not sure how much it costs to run a website and a forum but fact is the club had a forum that was censored beyond reason and eventually took it down because they didn't like to read the honest, heartfelt opinions of its customers. Mad used to be good but if you're not in the clique forget it, there are at least two moronic trolls on it and the pop ups are beyond the pale. 

Access to this site has to be worth the odd £5 donation surely?

Its not just the money (which is probably more expensive than some realise), its the amount of time that goes into it too by John. I know he's struggled in the past at times to fund it himself and has very generously kept it going. I've donated on an ad hoc basis in the past, time for me to set up the tenner a month I think. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think there is a difference between people that feel they are on a forum and those that feel they are part of a forum.

I have donated to the forum and to whatever initiative we have come up with (player sponsorship, tickets, stickers, NHS) whatever, I do it because I feel part of the forum.

The forum is generally busy, the posters are mostly respectful when they don't agree with your opinion, it's not over moderated. When you consider what the club has been through over the last six years it says something about the forum that it is still going as strong as it is, for what is mostly a bunch of strangers we don't do a bad job with our forum.

Show your support to the forum by logging in when you read the forum, leave a comment on the threads you read or a like on the posts you agree with, let's keep our heads up until we get back to the football.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
16 hours ago, Cobra said:

Should we shut this website down or should Dees donate something to keep it going?

Your call

Even a quid makes a difference.

Thank you Cobra, this means a lot from Scott and Myself.

To everyone who has contributed to the site, either through contributions/donations or the time you spend on the forum making it a fantastic community for all Dees, our heartfelt thanks. We thank you all!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, tommy the tap in king said:

I would rather give my money to the club itself if I am being honest

Doesn’t cost much to run a website and forum ,there are plenty of platforms that provide free access footymad being one of them.

That's your propagative bud and we don't force you to donate or use us.

Just for your information, it costs £140 a month for the server fees, £15 month for Cpanel/WHM, £120 a year for the forum software. This doesn't include the money for other software, domain fees.

Yes there are other platforms which are free, and there is a reason for that. We could use Platforms such as Footymad, Facebook or a free Forum. But these come at a price. Footmad is absolute garbage, poorly coded and full of adverts which have been known to have malware. Facebook is only there to feed of your information and use it for their own use and free forums tend to be old with a lot of security issues and never get updated.

The reason we use this software for the forum, is we know it is kept up to date code wise, it is known for it security and has a ton of other features that its competitors have and it is pretty easy to use.

• Like 4