The Tele

Rate this topic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, I agree with some of that. He is an elusive character, he does operate privately and he says nothing to the press which is the thing they don't like of course. How that makes him a

DCT have clearly moved away from genuine local stories in print to clickbait on social media, some would call it moving with the times. The funny thing is, the more they do it the more they alien

imo a man doesnt get into the positions hes in by being bumbling....like some have said its probably because he doesnt go running to the tully everytime he takes a sh**e is the reason they dont like h

Posted Images

Shocking sensationalism, but not surprising coming from that rag. Is there nothing the club can do about the blindingly obvious bias in DCT?

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Dryburgh Dee said:

No sure how to share link on here but wtf!

Screenshot_20200704-195850_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just copy and paste the link into the chat window. It is as easy as that :)

Actually, I agree with some of that.

He is an elusive character, he does operate privately and he says nothing to the press which is the thing they don't like of course.

How that makes him a bumbling Scooby Doo villain is the bit I don't understand. He's anything but bumbling, as anyone that's met him will tell you, and there's no mask - quite simply, that's him and what you see is what you get.

Sensationalism and very, very poor journalism once again from a very, very poor newspaper.

• Like 7
  • Star Post 2

imo a man doesnt get into the positions hes in by being bumbling....like some have said its probably because he doesnt go running to the tully everytime he takes a sh**e is the reason they dont like him.

• Like 4

Very glad to see that there is no support for this article in Tele.

DCT have clearly moved away from genuine local stories in print to clickbait on social media, some would call it moving with the times.

The funny thing is, the more they do it the more they alienate the people that used to buy and enjoy their newspapers.

• Like 5

Is it any wonder, hardly anyone( I personally don't buy any newspaper, but everyone in my albeit small social circle gave up on this rag many moons ago) buys this disgrace of a local newspaper any more.

It's pretty startling to see a club official attacked like this in a local paper. I'm wondering what it means.

Maybe DFC and DCT have a very poor relationship so DCT thinks it's got little to lose by printing this.

Maybe DCT are going down the Daily Mail route of trying to get noticed and read by being as in-your-face and OTT as possible.

As far as I'm aware they are not writing hit pieces attacking United so maybe they either have a mostly dab readership or Dee-hating Arabs in key positions.

I know one editor down south, a passionate Labour man, who encourages anti-Tory content in what should be a neutral publication so I think it's possible they have a rabid dab sports editor who loves anything that talks down our club.

what nelms should do is everytime somebody buys a season ticket he phones the tully to give them an update.....thats whats going on here...one club keeps things quiet while another club constantly gives stories to the tully.....take the united manager situation..the tully have had about 6 favourites for the job....united will fill their pages wi sh*t while nelms keeps quite and they dont like it.

• Like 2
On 04/07/2020 at 22:03, charliedee said:

imo a man doesnt get into the positions hes in by being bumbling....like some have said its probably because he doesnt go running to the tully everytime he takes a sh**e is the reason they dont like him.

There's maybe some truth in that, I'm from the dim and distant past (pre digital age) when if you wanted any news from dens you had to buy the Tully and as you say there is no need for us to be ringing them so they are pissed off.

As an aside: being from that era when all I needed to know was "setirday's team" I'm not fussed about messages form JN.  (the only thing I want to hear from JN is "we've signed 11 players who will die for the shirt😀😀)

Edited by Travellingdee
spelling
  • Like 2