Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Mismanagement

Ever since I can remember,the club have suffered from this affliction.From the end of the Gellatly era onwards we have never really got our heads above water.Angus Cook ,Peter Marr,Callum Melville to name a few all made a complete a*se of it.Clubs like Motherwell,Killie and even the highlanders have had bad times but done frequently better than us.the current mob are making a hash of it imo through maybe naivety more than anything else.From being the premier club in Dundee we should have kicked on,but instead we’ve done our usual and failed.Experimenting with rookie managers,nomark players and just wasting money we don’t have echos past failures.Is it that hard for us to get owners/management that actually know what they are doing and have a plan?St Johnstone have done it for years it’s not rocket science and across the road they seem to be making all the right moves ,shankland for starters,time will tell.Make no mistake our support has been decimated over the years because of this and there is no sign of change.From one crisis to another we stumble on ,lower crowds lack of enthusiasm,apathy amongst us.Almost all of us have never seen a major trophy and probably never will.Beating the dabs now and again seems to be it.We as supporters have went above and beyond for this club more than once.The clubs owners through the years have done nothing but fail us and this doesn’t look like changing.I for one can’t remember the last time I actually enjoyed watching Dundee on a regular basis,maybe a few games early Hartley.From then it has been desperate stuff.what are the Americans actually doing here?nobody knows.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, deerealist said:

Ever since I can remember,the club have suffered from this affliction.From the end of the Gellatly era onwards we have never really got our heads above water.Angus Cook ,Peter Marr,Callum Melville to name a few all made a complete a*se of it.Clubs like Motherwell,Killie and even the highlanders have had bad times but done frequently better than us.the current mob are making a hash of it imo through maybe naivety more than anything else.From being the premier club in Dundee we should have kicked on,but instead we’ve done our usual and failed.Experimenting with rookie managers,nomark players and just wasting money we don’t have echos past failures.Is it that hard for us to get owners/management that actually know what they are doing and have a plan?St Johnstone have done it for years it’s not rocket science and across the road they seem to be making all the right moves ,shankland for starters,time will tell.Make no mistake our support has been decimated over the years because of this and there is no sign of change.From one crisis to another we stumble on ,lower crowds lack of enthusiasm,apathy amongst us.Almost all of us have never seen a major trophy and probably never will.Beating the dabs now and again seems to be it.We as supporters have went above and beyond for this club more than once.The clubs owners through the years have done nothing but fail us and this doesn’t look like changing.I for one can’t remember the last time I actually enjoyed watching Dundee on a regular basis,maybe a few games early Hartley.From then it has been desperate stuff.what are the Americans actually doing here?nobody knows.

But apart from that, it’s all good.

I listened to Gavin Rae on a podcast yesterday. He agreed with the presenter, another former Dundee player, that the fan base here have delusions of grandeur. Being in the top flight is a success and that its a horrible place to play football if you're not winning because of the level of expectation from fans thinking this club is something it isn't. 

The OP is the epitome of this. 

37 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I listened to Gavin Rae on a podcast yesterday. He agreed with the presenter, another former Dundee player, that the fan base here have delusions of grandeur. Being in the top flight is a success and that its a horrible place to play football if you're not winning because of the level of expectation from fans thinking this club is something it isn't. 

The realist has unrealistic expectations you mean?

Shairly no???

42 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Thought he came across well, an honest guy.

I as a fan expect my club to be in playing in the SPL year in year out, we have to strive as a club and a fanbase to get there.

The alternative is grim to say the least...

a club like Motherwell have proved that being there for over 30 years....

Said it before, rather have a demanding fanbase than a fanbase that doesn’t care.

Just to add that out of all the reasonably sized clubs in Scotland, we are the most with an axe to grind....

Strange thing for Rae to say.

Edited by Mr Sensible

19 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

He never said it, he agreed with it. 

The only thi g Rae said without being prompted is "Aye, it's a horrible atmosphere to play in at Dens if things aren't going your way but that comes with playing at a club who's fans have high expectations". 

Edit : I also don't believe it's strange even if he did say all of it. He's not the only player to say it and I doubt he will be the last. I've seen boys get abused at Dens when we're winning in a comfortable position (a few years ago now, right enough).

There's wanting the club to do well and spurring them on, then there is vitriol that is to the detriment of what is attempting to be achieved. More so than most, fans of this club steer into the latter IMO. 

Edited by WeighorstsWang

11 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

I as a fan expect my club to be in playing in the SPL year in year out, we have to strive as a club and a fanbase to get there.

The alternative is grim to say the least...

a club like Motherwell have proved that being there for over 30 years....

Said it before, rather have a demanding fanbase than a fanbase that doesn’t care.

Just to add that out of all the reasonably sized clubs in Scotland, we are the most with an axe to grind....

There's a fine line between expectation and hope. we go into every season hoping for the best but it's not really an expectation for me.

Anyone that expects a clusterfuck of a club like Dundee FC to be consistently in the top flight and winning trophies has something loose that shouldn't be loose, however we all hope for it, every season we hope for it. To be honest I think even that shows that we all have something loose that shouldn't be loose.

Until the club becomes unfucked all we'll have is hope and every time we get those hopes up they'll be dashed. The way things are right now it'll be a long, long time until Dundee FC is unfucked.

4 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

There's a fine line between expectation and hope. we go into every season hoping for the best but it's not really an expectation for me.

Anyone that expects a clusterfuck of a club like Dundee FC to be consistently in the top flight and winning trophies has something loose that shouldn't be loose, however we all hope for it, every season we hope for it. To be honest I think even that shows that we all have something loose that shouldn't be loose.

Until the club becomes unfucked all we'll have is hope and every time we get those hopes up they'll be dashed. The way things are right now it'll be a long, long time until Dundee FC is unfucked.

It took us over 40 years to get to this situation, without the Americans, I suspect it could be a lot worse than it is now and I believe that it could take us a few more years to get to being a stable club again.

Adblock Detected