The Dark Blues

Help for Dundee-real Zaragoza Cup Winners Cup 1964!

Rate this topic

Hi guys!

This is Luis Fando spanish sport journalist. I'm working on a book about the Real Zaragoza history in the sixties an one chapter is about that european leg against Dundee FC at 1964. I'm writing just to know if there's here any fan or historian who has information about those matches: newspapers, histories, documents... It would be incredible if someone of you could help me to find any player who were at Dundee FC those matches or any fan who was at the stadium and remember that day. Any help you could bring to me would be really useful. I'll wait your answer. Regards :)

• Like 3
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done to everyone who have helped our friend from Spain. 

Hi guys!   This is Luis Fando spanish sport journalist. I'm working on a book about the Real Zaragoza history in the sixties an one chapter is about that european leg against Dundee FC at 19

I'm in touch with Ally Donaldson who played in goal for Dundee against Real Zaragoza Luis. I'll see if he is willing to have a chat.

I am sure Norrie Price who has written 2 books about Dundee FC (Up Wi The Bonnets and They Wore The Dark Blue) has back up info to his books.

• Like 1

I was there but cant remember anything much about it.I'll have a look and see if i have the match programme .

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Hi guys!

This is Luis Fando spanish sport journalist. I'm working on a book about the Real Zaragoza history in the sixties an one chapter is about that european leg against Dundee FC at 1964. I'm writing just to know if there's here any fan or historian who has information about those matches: newspapers, histories, documents... It would be incredible if someone of you could help me to find any player who were at Dundee FC those matches or any fan who was at the stadium and remember that day. Any help you could bring to me would be really useful. I'll wait your answer. Regards :)

I'm in touch with Ally Donaldson who played in goal for Dundee against Real Zaragoza Luis. I'll see if he is willing to have a chat.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dfcman said:

I was there but cant remember anything much about it.I'll have a look and see if i have the match programme .

Hi Dfcman,

I've just found, scanned and sent a copy of the programme to Luis.  I was going to upload it on here but each file is 5MB, which if 3MB more than this site can handle!!  

Cheers.

Was at that game like @DFCman but  cant remember much about it other than they played in  red.

Sent an email Luis, with Ally Donaldson's contact details. Also sent on the programme from the home match but it will just be the same as what Kemback has already sent you 👍🏻

• Like 1

Hi guys! I really appreciate your help! To be honest you're very kind!  Thanks for all the answers and the emails I received! I'll answer each asap! As you know, Real Zaragoza was such a big team in the world in those sweet sixties. But unfortunately there isn't too much information about that leg against Dundee FC. If you remember anything or you know the way to contact with any player just let me know please! Regards! Up wi' the Bonnets :)

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Double Blue said:

I am sure Norrie Price who has written 2 books about Dundee FC (Up Wi The Bonnets and They Wore The Dark Blue) has back up info to his books.

Does anyone have information if there's any mention about the Real Zaragoza game in 'Up Wi the bonnets' and 'They Wore the Dark Blue' books? It would be difficult for me to buy those books. Is it possible to contact with the autor? Regards :)