The Dark Blues

Best Passer

Rate this topic

I've been obsessed with football since I was a bairn. 95% of that passion has been for Dundee FC. What excites me most about football and being a Dee? It's a glorious touch. It's vision. It's the ability to make a great pass look effortless.

KT's performance in our first derby win in a decade captures what I love about football. It was magical to watch and he made it look so easy.

• Like 2
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been obsessed with football since I was a bairn. 95% of that passion has been for Dundee FC. What excites me most about football and being a Dee? It's a glorious touch. It's vision. It's the abil

Thomson was class but Stewarts passing was decent too

Absolutely - sublime performance and what a night to be a dee. Dens atmosphere electric - I was hoarse the whole following day at work 

14 hours ago, Cobra said:

I've been obsessed with football since I was a bairn. 95% of that passion has been for Dundee FC. What excites me most about football and being a Dee? It's a glorious touch. It's vision. It's the ability to make a great pass look effortless.

KT's performance in our first derby win in a decade captures what I love about football. It was magical to watch and he made it look so easy.

Absolutely - sublime performance and what a night to be a dee. Dens atmosphere electric - I was hoarse the whole following day at work 

• Love 1
  • Star Post 1

Alec Bryce for me, I know it’s a while back, but I always liked the way he played, from what I remember, he always made the ball do the work, if you get my drift, rather than try beating  too many players, 😎

• Like 2

Chic Charnley proved he was a good passer of the ball in his short time at Dens. In particular I seem to remember his ability to pick out a player with his long passes.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1
20 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

Chic Charnley proved he was a good passer of the ball in his short time at Dens. In particular I seem to remember his ability to pick out a player with his long passes.

I remember sitting in the Derry watching Dundee reserves one night and Charnley scored from the half-way line. Amazing talent.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Thomson was class but Stewarts passing was decent too

Stewart's quality and game was taking players on of course but generally he also knew when to part with the ball when that option was better.  As you say he could do it really well. I really think that this was one of the main differences between him and a few other ball players I could think of, like  El Bak for instance.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Stewart's quality and game was taking players on of course but generally he also knew when to part with the ball when that option was better.  As you say he could do it really well. I really think that this was one of the main differences between him and a few other ball players I could think of, like  El Bak for instance.

And when he shuffled the ball to his shooting peg 😍

• Like 2

If I remember correctly Billy Campbell was pretty good sending passes for his Northern Ireland teammate Sammy Wilson and others to score.

• Like 2

Doug Cowie back in the 50s and I am hopeful that Fin Robertson might develop the same way.

Gillie and Cammy Fraser also fine passers of the ball.40 yard passes spot on.

• Like 1