Not Good....

Rate this topic

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the club are looking at the bigger picture and implementing wage cuts now  to safeguard the future of the club going forward.  They have realised there will be tough times ahead and by acting

Turning to all the other players I thank them for seeing the bigger picture and agreeing to the cuts. They've undoubtedly saved other members of staff's jobs with their selfless act.

This is really poor speculating about players! Not fair hammering players that have maybe helped club 

Posted Images

Dundee have reportedly warned players their contracts will be suspended if they don’t agree to wage cuts by midnight on Friday.

The controversial ‘clause 12’ states contracts can be put on hold in the event that “the Scottish Football Association decides that the game shall be suspended, either entirely or in any district or districts as provided for in the articles of association of the Scottish Football Association.”

With the Championship currently suspended until around October, the Dark Blues have warned players they could invoke that clause if they don’t accept wage cuts, the Scottish Sun reports.

It’s claimed eight players are holding out against temporary salary cuts and have been told to accept by midnight tonight or see their deals suspended.

They've been earning a full wage for the last four months to sit at home. If they don't accept the offer then let them walk away. We'll play the youngsters and probably not be worse off.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Good news for the dabs at DCT though. They'll be creaming themselves at this news.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

They've been earning a full wage for the last four months to sit at home. If they don't accept the offer then let them walk away. We'll play the youngsters and probably not be worse off.

This is the key bit for me, there's a lot of people don't know what's round the financial corner, if they've got any sense they'll be squirrelling away what they can (I know we've been using this time to try and get our finances straight). The club were topping up the furlough scheme so went over and above (they also extended some players contracts to help them), if its now time for the players to say thank you then its now. I can get that some might be in an financial mix and if there's mortgages to pay or whatnot then maybe an 'arrangement' can be made but as I understand it, its 3 months, a bit crap but when you put it into context with what's happening in the world then maybe time to suck it up for a while.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Star Post 1
2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

This is the key bit for me, there's a lot of people don't know what's round the financial corner, if they've got any sense they'll be squirrelling away what they can (I know we've been using this time to try and get our finances straight). The club were topping up the furlough scheme so went over and above (they also extended some players contracts to help them), if its now time for the players to say thank you then its now. I can get that some might be in an financial mix and if there's mortgages to pay or whatnot then maybe an 'arrangement' can be made but as I understand it, its 3 months, a bit crap but when you put it into context with what's happening in the world then maybe time to suck it up for a while.

I'm trying very hard to be understanding but if you've earned tens of thousands for doing f**k all and not really had a chance to spend it, and now you're refusing to help our club survive a once-a-century pandemic then please f**k off. I don't want them at our club.

If we can release them, please do. 

• Like 2

Reality time is here. Only this week I have had folk in the shop asking for work as they have been paid off. Its terrible and so sad. DFC are no different from any other business. Its really time to step up IF we can and buy season tickets right now.

• Like 1

So is it goodbye to dorrans and hemmings then? Not really fussed being honest,as long as the club survives! 

• Like 3

I'm not going to shed any tears if the high-earners who failed to land a punch on United walk away to sign for Torquay United.

Gowser directing the kids will get me to Dens and cheering the boys on.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1
1 minute ago, FanDee said:

The only bad thing is the publicity,but needs must.

Bad publicity that the local press will revel in.

Could be a blessing in disguise. Look at the reaction from the players and fans when we were torn to the bare bones after Admin 2.

Let the 8 walk. Bring it on.

Release the passengers. Force us to deal with a Livi budget. This is what we need. Mon the Dee.