Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Not Good....

1 minute ago, charliedee said:

its got plenty to do with it there will be boys at our club earning 1.5-2k per week im pretty sure halfing that until the club get thru this pandemic aint gonna have them in the poorhouse.

Or on the other hand they have mortgages, bills etc that are higher than others because they had a wage to support that and a 30% drop might impact that. 

• Like 2

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Regarding whether JN drops his wages its likely we'll never know but with the americans funding our losses over a number of seasons is it not a case of Keyes paying Nelms out of their annual input? A gesture showing a reduction in line with the players would be a good thing but I cannot get worked up over JN's salary. It may also be the case that other non playing staff's jobs may be on the line unless the overall playing budget is reduced and lets face it the office staff and ticketing staff will be on a hell of a lot less than the players. There is probably going to be a number of the 8 will accept and some refuse and despite an email being leaked, if that was the case, we won't likely find out right away how many are away due to confidentiality issues. So until we hear the proper story there is no point in panicking, we'll just have to wait and see.

Just now, GreenCheese said:

That's always a sign that they're rattled.

I rip the piss out of everyone I feel comfortable with. Maybe it's a Scottish thing, I don't know. United fans turn nasty very quickly so I have to back down and change the subject.

5 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Or on the other hand they have mortgages, bills etc that are higher than others because they had a wage to support that and a 30% drop might impact that. 

we were signing boys from falkirk etc im pretty sure we were paying them much much more than they got there...and i also assume since they have all been at the club for just a year they would probably already have mortgages based on what they were earning before us.

3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I rip the piss out of everyone I feel comfortable with. Maybe it's a Scottish thing, I don't know. United fans turn nasty very quickly so I have to back down and change the subject.

Cobra, man up ffs, never back down to the Dabs.

(even if your wrong) 🤫

• Funny 1

22 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Yes, but these players were signed and wages accounted for long before the pandemic. It's not the clubs fault for spending wages which were their budget for that season, and then we end up with a worldwide pandemic, which is not only affecting us as a club, but 1000's of other clubs around the world.

If we thought along the line you're suggesting, we would never hire another player because of what ifs and buts.

As I said, the club knew how much they were spending, allowed it to happen and covered the loses when required. Maybe this will be the turning point that where we as a club might start looking at our affairs better when it comes to players we bring in and wages given.

But as I said, everything is wonderful in hindsight and there is nothing we could have done differently when it comes to a situation that we have no control over.

I would prefer that we are trying to make cuts than bury our head in the sand and try to spend our way through it.

But the wages aren’t accounted for, think we made a loss of 500k last season...,

Keyes has lost £8 million since he took over....

We were spending way beyond our means on bang average players....

it’s not about hindsight, but common sense when signing players say with horrendous injury records for example.

The amount of money that has been wasted on dreadful players is now coming back to bite us, where our generous owner has maybe just had enough....

He can’t keep plugging the debts year in year out.

Edited by Mr Sensible
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Or they are then free to sign for another club and may already have something lined up and that's why not taking the cut 

Good point! Anything is possible in the current situation. What is abundantly clear is that the club needs us the fans more than ever even if we are playing with a much reduced or 'lesser type of player' squad. It is definitely not the same but if the remainder of the squad, any additions and us the fans try to invoke the Deefiant spirit then all to the good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

But the wages aren’t accounted for, think we made a loss of 500k last season...,

Keyes has lost £8 million since he took over....

We were spending way beyond our means on bang average players....

The point I was trying to make, Keyes and Nelms knew what they were doing in respects to players, wages and covering the shortfall every season. I think Hartley set a bad precedence on being allowed to just spend spend spend.

I agree that we should have been a lot more prudent when it came to signing all these players over the first 5 years. That was just crazy, and I wish someone at Dundee told Keyes and Nelms this isn't the way it should be done.

I do think that last season we have started to take a different approach to signing players, but I think we need to go further and be a bit more clever when bringing in players.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GreenCheese said:

Cobra, man up ffs, never back down to the Dabs.

(even if your wrong) 🤫

I had folk rolling on the floor one night in London ripping the piss out of Hamish McAlpine's tracksuit bottoms but our dab host lost it and sent us all home. I'd moved on from Davie Dodds and Dave Bowman and I think I maybe took it too far.

Admittedly I do sometimes go a bit OTT on a Saturday night when explaining why DFC is the only club in Dundee that matters.

• Funny 1

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

The point I was trying to make, Keyes and Nelms knew what they were doing in respects to players, wages and covering the shortfall every season. I think Hartley set a bad precedence on being allowed to just spend spend spend.

I agree that we should have been a lot more prudent when it came to signing all these players over the first 5 years. That was just crazy, and I wish someone at Dundee told Keyes and Nelms this isn't the way it should be done.

I do think that last season we have started to take a different approach to signing players, but I think we need to go further and be a bit more clever when bringing in players.

It’s a mess, we just need to hope the players realise it’s this or nothing....

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

what i find amusing is when a football story appears on facebook regarding united it gets maybe 2 likes and a smiley face..then when a story appears about us(tonight) they are f**cking all over it like a rash...and when you point that out to them they just call you a bitter dee..and its just banter yet you rip the piss out of them and square go's are offered dummies spat oot etc etc....we'll see what their made of them when in 2 months time they still have no money coming in..fans will be vanishing like sna aff a dike.

Adblock Detected