Dee TV Opportunity

Rate this topic

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now, you can pay a £12 subscription a month to watch home games outwith the country (😜). However I think (And I might be wrong), but it could possibly require a change in law to show games

Steven, I'm not sure what the ins and outs are of the costs involved with broadcasting live matches from Dens but even if one person in the UK pays to watch it then that's money DFC would not otherwis

I've long since resigned myself to the probability that I won't physically be at Dens next season and would gladly pay 20 quid or so to watch live on a game by game basis,

In theory it would be a great chance to make money but pubs are open - 15 pubs pay £10 and 150 punters go there to watch it. There's over half your attendance gone for a miniscule amount. 

11 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

In theory it would be a great chance to make money but pubs are open - 15 pubs pay £10 and 150 punters go there to watch it. There's over half your attendance gone for a miniscule amount. 

Is it possible to get pubs to pay a bit more for DeeTV. Seem to think Sky charge a lot for a commercial subscription. Might there be something that our club, and others could do? Seems that shifting games for TV upsets ST sales, I wonder if there might be a market for DD supporters who miss games going along to a local pub to watch the game on DeeTV?

11 minutes ago, BCram said:

Is it possible to get pubs to pay a bit more for DeeTV. Seem to think Sky charge a lot for a commercial subscription. Might there be something that our club, and others could do? Seems that shifting games for TV upsets ST sales, I wonder if there might be a market for DD supporters who miss games going along to a local pub to watch the game on DeeTV?

I'm not sure there is. Sky charge more because its a commercial premise. Its their equipment used and registered to that address. 

DeeTV is just a beam to an email address that can be used anywhere. 

Fans will be allowed back before pubs are allowed to show football, IMO.

But the T&Cs of DeeTV prevent commercial use in any case. How it would be policed is another question, of course.

34 minutes ago, markthedee said:

But the T&Cs of DeeTV prevent commercial use in any case. How it would be policed is another question, of course.

Maybe changing the T&Cs could provide a bit of extra cash?

35 minutes ago, markthedee said:

Football can be shown when the pubs open I think. The telly's just need to be on mute - like most are now anyway. 

4 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Will a pub show Dee TV when they could show the Premiership, etc? Not every Hearts fan wants to go to his local hoping they show Dee TV!  There are around 50,000 plus Jambos around the globe so I reckon plenty will be willing to watch from home.
4-5k may be a modest estimate.

49 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Will a pub show Dee TV when they could show the Premiership, etc? Not every Hearts fan wants to go to his local hoping they show Dee TV!  There are around 50,000 plus Jambos around the globe so I reckon plenty will be willing to watch from home.
4-5k may be a modest estimate.

I'm genuinely not sure. It's exceptional times, I don't think it would be too daft to assume that around 10/15 pubs will fill up on 'Jambo days' - especially apparent top of the table clashes - I'm maybe being a tad over enthusiastic saying over 2,000 right enough. 

Hopefully you're right! 

I've long since resigned myself to the probability that I won't physically be at Dens next season and would gladly pay 20 quid or so to watch live on a game by game basis,

• Like 1
  • Administrator
45 minutes ago, Cerulean said:

Right now, you can pay a £12 subscription a month to watch home games outwith the country (😜).

However I think (And I might be wrong), but it could possibly require a change in law to show games in the UK live. If they were to change this, there would be other considerations to take into account. The club does not have the infrastructure in place to stream live games to 100's of streamers at the same time, and this would require them to upgrade.

If clubs across the UK were allowed to stream live, then this could help fund them until the Government says that there could be live crowds at games. If the SPFL are sincere in helping clubs in Scotland, then they should push for these changes to help clubs during the pandemic.

Either that, everyone get hold of a VPN, pay the club for each game or a monthly out of the UK subscription..... ps: you never heard this from me ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

TDB

I've spent many a weekend abroad (cough) watching live DFC home games for the nominal fee but would gladly pay full whack for the privilege of doing so without errr.... travelling overseas.

I'm sure, given the current pandemic, that the 3pm curfew could be forsaken for the coming season (not just DFC but everyone). 

• Like 1

Or we could just play our home games from October at 1.30pm on a Saturday and circumvent the 3pm sh**e?

Not a hope in hell thousands of people will pay money when it's easier and less hassle to download it and watch it for free.  It's like the PPV boxing. Maybe only 1 in 10 who watch it actually pay for it. I'd be amazed if more than a thousand bought it. Better than nothing i suppose!! 

Can't see many Dundee fans buying it as well as surely season tickets holders will get to watch it for nothing.