Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Jack Charlton

jojo gunn

On day big Jack died a true story from 76/77 me and mate at a home midweek match v Arbroath went into town after for a few beers in the Hansom Cab (Ticketty Boos )when near closing time big Jack and turned out Chief Scout at Middlesbrough popped their head in door asking if anyone knew where they could get a steak meal,back then not a lot that way or even now but we said we heading to the Barracuda Night Club where you could get then a meal so 4 of us headed there though the old Overgate past Mr Beaujangles and into club where Jack bought beers, raising my glass now in memory, the player  in queston they went to watch played for Arbroath but they didn't sign him ,instead we did, any guesses who he was ?

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I remember waiting ages for the Leeds players’ autographs after the Inter Cities Fairs Cup (now the Europa Cup) tie at Dens. Peter Lorimer and Eddie Gray and some of the others were quite happy to sign but Big Jack begrudgingly scrawled something. Mind you he might have got a bit of a headache after being clobbered by Ali Donaldson when standing on the goal line which he was renowned for doing .

13 minutes ago, Neil Cameron said:

I remember waiting ages for the Leeds players’ autographs after the Inter Cities Fairs Cup (now the Europa Cup) tie at Dens. Peter Lorimer and Eddie Gray and some of the others were quite happy to sign but Big Jack begrudgingly scrawled something. Mind you he might have got a bit of a headache after being clobbered by Ali Donaldson when standing on the goal line which he was renowned for doing .

I remember it well. It got one of the biggest cheers of the night. 😁

As NC says he fad a habit of standing in front of the keeper at a Leeds corner. Impeding him and intimidating him. Big Ally was having none of it and punched him in the ear.

59 minutes ago, Neil Cameron said:

I had (lost or nicked) the match programme at Elland Road with all Leeds signatures on front copy stamped "complementary " my old man got it from a dundee based journalist, hoping it turns up one day 

Adblocker Detected