Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Greatest British Bands

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I suppose it depends on your age and taste in music. I was a Caird Hall steward for many years in the 70s and saw all the great bands that used to include Dundee in their tours at the time. Getting paid, albeit a small amount, to watch Led Zeppelin, ELP, Bowie, Genesis, Deep Purple, etc.etc. was brilliant. Best for me were The Who, Queen and Free with Free being my favourite band of the time. Just wish Pink Floyd had played the Caird Hall though. Finally there was a downside. You had to suffer some crap at the same time e.g. Bay City Rollers!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, troodee1893 said:

I suppose it depends on your age and taste in music. I was a Caird Hall steward for many years in the 70s and saw all the great bands that used to include Dundee in their tours at the time. Getting paid, albeit a small amount, to watch Led Zeppelin, ELP, Bowie, Genesis, Deep Purple, etc.etc. was brilliant. Best for me were The Who, Queen and Free with Free being my favourite band of the time. Just wish Pink Floyd had played the Caird Hall though. Finally there was a downside. You had to suffer some crap at the same time e.g. Bay City Rollers!

A good few top bands in there.  It's around 49 years since I bought my first 7" single, so in that time you could have a lot of the names above, add in the Stones and personally I would have the Stone Roses, The Clash and Roxy Music.  Personally I am a big Simple Minds fan and although plenty people think their music is a bit insipid, Coldplay have sold millions of records, packed out concerts world-wide so they must be doing something right.

Adblock Detected