Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Players Who Loved To Get a Reaction From the Derry

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Alec Hamilton was another. It's a pity players are so restricted in what they can do. Winding up the opposition always seemed to have a positive effect on the home support. Humour was the best form of wind up.

There were some great opposition players who wound up the Dee's. Charlie Millar came across as an entertainer when he came to Dens.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BCram said:

Alec Hamilton was another. It's a pity players are so restricted in what they can do. Winding up the opposition always seemed to have a positive effect on the home support. Humour was the best form of wind up.

There were some great opposition players who wound up the Dee's. Charlie Millar came across as an entertainer when he came to Dens.

Thanks BCram. Hamilton was one of the greatest players to wear our jersey, or any Scottish jersey, and it's good to know he was one loved to rouse the Dee support.

Makes him feel a wee bit more relatable for those who never had the privilege of seeing him run out at Dens.

There was one time I was sure Chic Charnley was looking at me and saying, "If you want to us to win make some f**cking noise." 

All in my head obviously but you get the point. He wanted a reaction. It worked.

• Like 2

Favourite Charlie Millar story. Getting pelters from the Derry with the Who ate all the pies etc. Big belly gesture from him, great cheers. Then as we were winning he got the Charlie Charlie what's the score. He turned to the Derry and correctly gave the score of 2-1 using the reversed Churchill for our 2 goals.

Pandemonium in the Derry. Some old bloke, not me, took offence and wanted the linesman to flag the ref so that Charlie could be charged with unsportsmanlike behaviour. He was told not to be so silly and we had a good laugh.

It seems to me that somehow as fans we have lost our sense of fun and, in part, I think the players are frightened to show their emotions. 

What was the name of the big goalie from the Caribbean? He used to drive us daft at goal kicks with jumping up and banging the soles of his boots together a couple of times. You just knew he loved getting told to please hurry up!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BCram said:

Favourite Charlie Millar story. Getting pelters from the Derry with the Who ate all the pies etc. Big belly gesture from him, great cheers. Then as we were winning he got the Charlie Charlie what's the score. He turned to the Derry and correctly gave the score of 2-1 using the reversed Churchill for our 2 goals.

Pandemonium in the Derry. Some old bloke, not me, took offence and wanted the linesman to flag the ref so that Charlie could be charged with unsportsmanlike behaviour. He was told not to be so silly and we had a good laugh.

It seems to me that somehow as fans we have lost our sense of fun and, in part, I think the players are frightened to show their emotions. 

What was the name of the big goalie from the Caribbean? He used to drive us daft at goal kicks with jumping up and banging the soles of his boots together a couple of times. You just knew he loved getting told to please hurry up!

I liked Charlie Miller a lot in a football sense. He was the Chic Charnley of his day. Brilliant player. Problem was him wearing tangerine and being devastatingly effective against Dundee. It would do my head in when Dees would taunt him, as he clearly thrived on it.

• Funny 1

Adblock Detected