Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

DFC Fanzines

Cobra

We must have had about 3 or 4, maybe 5. I absolutely loved it when I found a new one on sale at the top of the hill or in the music shop by the Nethergate? Who were the guys who knocked these up? Anyone on here? 

Before the internet, these guys gave us a brilliant alternative to the odd bit of bland coverage we got in media.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

It's half past four and we're two nil down, Derry Rhumba, Eh mind O'Gillie and Dens Scene are four I remember. I think there was another one that had 1 or 2 prints then disappeared. 

My favourite was It's half past four and we're two nil down was good humour without being crass, it was them or Derry Rhumba that did free badges with a few additions.

Happy Days 🙌🏻

I’ve still got the Derry Rumba Fanzine

‘UTD ARE SH**E’ badge on Me Scarf 😍

Robin Grimmond was One or The D’EEvil Mastermind behind ‘Eh Mind O Gillie’ and a Good Guy to boot.

It’s on my bucket list 😂 to digitise the ones I still have and put the links on the forum for a look back and a wee laugh.

Would be interesting to see how many could be sourced and listed up.

14 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Eh Mind o Gillie was done by Alan Patullo, now journo at The Scotsman.

Interesting. I suppose it makes sense that some of the country's top journalists might emerge from fanzines.

Sat behind him at Dingwall not that long ago. Didn't bother him but he and Patrick Barclay seemed just as chilled and approachable as you'd expect from their media work.

2 hours ago, DeeVinci said:

It's half past four and we're two nil down, Derry Rhumba, Eh mind O'Gillie and Dens Scene are four I remember. I think there was another one that had 1 or 2 prints then disappeared. 

My favourite was It's half past four and we're two nil down was good humour without being crass, it was them or Derry Rhumba that did free badges with a few additions.

Happy days.  The Sleeping giant was another I remember.  Dont think it made it past one issue though.   Can anyone remember the early issue of derry rhumba or its half past four that came with a free straw ? 😂

Edited by Annandee

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Interesting. I suppose it makes sense that some of the country's top journalists might emerge from fanzines.

Sat behind him at Dingwall not that long ago. Didn't bother him but he and Patrick Barclay seemed just as chilled and approachable as you'd expect from their media work.

Alan Patullo is friends with the couple who sit behind us (think HIS parents are more pals to be honest), the journos are at the top of the Mainstand behind us so he sometimes stops to blether with them. Get the impression he knows his own keech stinks.

Eh Mind of Gillie had Grimbo  as editor in chief. I was a contributor for a few years (Mostly captions and jokes/photos) as was several of our mutual work colleagues.

Was a real team effort and I enjoyed those times immensely and always looked forward to its publication.

The others were great too but I think EMOG lasted the longest??

Plus EMOG won The National Fanzine Football tournament at Stirling beating Hibs in the final.

Career highlight for me was banging in a few goals against the DABS Fanzine guys with Jim Spence in goal!!!!  ;oD

(we even got a grudging mention in the Tully!!)

That era (mid 90s) was tops for following Dundee.

Adblock Detected