Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Scottish Internationals At Any Level At Dens.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I remember being at a couple of Schoolboy Internationals late 50s or early 60s.One was against Wales and we hammered them.Then I think England but cant recall result.We had a pretty good side and several went on to have top careers.Not sure but I think Willie Henderson might have been one.If so must have been late 50,s

On 18/07/2020 at 11:37, MATO DEE @ said:

Can’t think of any, but a group of us went to the dump to watch Steve Campbell for Scotland under 21, it might have been his under 21 cap and I’m sure he was playing left back 

I saw Scotland under 21s at Dens. Must have been the game you're talking about.

Three full internationals: all -v- Wales: 12/03/1904, 07/03/1908 and 02/12/1936.  I've also got a note of a Junior International -v- Wales 07/05/1932, a B International -v- England 29/02/1956 and a Scottish League -v- Irish League 15/02/1902.  To answer the original question, I have the following youth internationals as having been played at Dens.....Ireland Schools (03/05/1947), Wales Schools (26/05/1951), England Schools (09/05/1970), Switzerland U21 (29/03/1983), Spain U21 (13/11/1984), Ireland U18 (17/03/2000) and Austria U21 (29/04/2003 - Soapy was in goals).  There are bound to be more but I don't have time to check!!!!!!  Hope this helps and is of interest.  Cheers, D.

P.S. There have been zero full internationals played at the allotment!

Edited by kemback1997

Adblock Detected