The Dark Blues

Scottish Internationals At Any Level At Dens.

Rate this topic

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t think of any, but a group of us went to the dump to watch Steve Campbell for Scotland under 21, it might have been his under 21 cap and I’m sure he was playing left back 

I was at a Scotland youth game (either u21's or u19's) at Dens about 15 years ago. We got the tickets free through school.  EDIT : Try 20 years ago. I'm older than I thought. () 

Three full internationals: all -v- Wales: 12/03/1904, 07/03/1908 and 02/12/1936.  I've also got a note of a Junior International -v- Wales 07/05/1932, a B International -v- England 29/02/1956 and a Sc

Can’t think of any, but a group of us went to the dump to watch Steve Campbell for Scotland under 21, it might have been his under 21 cap and I’m sure he was playing left back 

• Like 1

Dens has hosted full international matches with Scotland playing Wales and N.Ireland if I remember correctly. Have no idea of the dates but think it was possibly 1920/30s

I was at a Scotland youth game (either u21's or u19's) at Dens about 15 years ago. We got the tickets free through school. 

EDIT : Try 20 years ago. I'm older than I thought. :lol: (:(

Edited by WeighorstsWang
  • Funny 1

Just noticed there was 1908 game at Dens against Wales and Carolina Port hosted a full international in 1896.

I remember being at a couple of Schoolboy Internationals late 50s or early 60s.One was against Wales and we hammered them.Then I think England but cant recall result.We had a pretty good side and several went on to have top careers.Not sure but I think Willie Henderson might have been one.If so must have been late 50,s

The only schoolboy international in the 1970s i recall was around 1978 at Starks Park I went with the old man I recall paul McStay was playing anda reasonable crowd of around 6000 made for a decent atmosphere

On 18/07/2020 at 11:37, MATO DEE @ said:

I saw Scotland under 21s at Dens. Must have been the game you're talking about.

Three full internationals: all -v- Wales: 12/03/1904, 07/03/1908 and 02/12/1936.  I've also got a note of a Junior International -v- Wales 07/05/1932, a B International -v- England 29/02/1956 and a Scottish League -v- Irish League 15/02/1902.  To answer the original question, I have the following youth internationals as having been played at Dens.....Ireland Schools (03/05/1947), Wales Schools (26/05/1951), England Schools (09/05/1970), Switzerland U21 (29/03/1983), Spain U21 (13/11/1984), Ireland U18 (17/03/2000) and Austria U21 (29/04/2003 - Soapy was in goals).  There are bound to be more but I don't have time to check!!!!!!  Hope this helps and is of interest.  Cheers, D.

P.S. There have been zero full internationals played at the allotment!

Edited by kemback1997
  • Like 1