Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Club Launch New Foundation

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, BigG said:

Just signed up for the 1893 foundation this evening, really easy and simplistic.

Disappointing  news coming out of Dens today once again  about the academy, my only gripe is that the money is not being funnelled in this direction, the foundation of the club. 

This is always going to be a potential problem, people have an idea of where they want 'their' money going, for right or wrong you kind of have to lump it together with your ST/PATG money, half time draw, Dee Lottery (despite what we're told), pie & bovril/coffee, shop purchases.... it all goes into the big pot and the guys holding the purse strings make the call. There has to be an element of trust. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BCram said:

It might be a strength to avoid making the money linked to a specific project. I agree that the youth set up is really important but there may be others who have a different perspective. Let's just get the numbers climbing and let the club decide how to spend the cash.

It would have been good for the foundation to have a say in what the money is spent on.. I have lost all trust in John Nelms ability to run the football club and decide what to do with the funds.

14 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

This is always going to be a potential problem, people have an idea of where they want 'their' money going, for right or wrong you kind of have to lump it together with your ST/PATG money, half time draw, Dee Lottery (despite what we're told), pie & bovril/coffee, shop purchases.... it all goes into the big pot and the guys holding the purse strings make the call. There has to be an element of trust. 

That’s my point Chomp, I think it would have been good for the guys who set it up to stipulate where some of the money goes or at least have a say.  Thought the statement the club released was the same words that they have been feeding us since March, just words with no real information on what the foundation wanted to build on...

Fair play to the guys who set it up, passionate enough to get the ball rolling but I fear the money will be lost going through Nelms. 

19 minutes ago, BigG said:

It would have been good for the foundation to have a say in what the money is spent on.. I have lost all trust in John Nelms ability to run the football club and decide what to do with the funds.

Ideally yes, but football clubs aren't static. Turnover and liabilities vary wildly, therefore having anyone outwith the club Board dictating how money is spent is unrealistic. Sometimes funds will have to be fully devoted to business critical areas. 

This was a major problem when the Business Trust used to withhold money from the club unless it was spent on youth development. In previous times when the club was in serious danger, the Business Trust still refused to release funds, the folly being there is no youth structure if the club ceases to exist. 

I'm fairly sure 3 of the current DFCSS board were also on the committee of the Business Trust, so it's not surprising that the same issues have arisen.

ETA I agree on Nelms. He's a buffoon. 

Edited by Alexis

1 minute ago, Alexis said:

Ideally yes, but football clubs aren't static. Turnover and liabilities vary wildly, therefore having anyone outwith the club Board dictating how money is spent is unrealistic. Sometimes funds will have to be fully devoted to business critical areas. 

This was a major problem when the Business Trust used to withhold money from the club unless it was spent on youth development. In previous times when the club was in serious danger, the Business Trust still refused to release funds, the folly being there is no youth structure if the club ceases to exist. 

I'm fairly sure 3 of the current DFCSS board were also on the committee of the Business Trust, so it's not surprising that the same issues have arisen.

I'm fairly sure that's bollocks.

5 minutes ago, BigG said:

That’s my point Chomp, I think it would have been good for the guys who set it up to stipulate where some of the money goes or at least have a say.  Thought the statement the club released was the same words that they have been feeding us since March, just words with no real information on what the foundation wanted to build on...

Fair play to the guys who set it up, passionate enough to get the ball rolling but I fear the money will be lost going through Nelms. 

What you're suggesting would just amount to another DFCSS then. Yet another fan group that has a slightly different view on how the club should spend its money. FPS have gone out of their way to fully take over the club, even trying to get the 'A' shares that were deliberately set up after admin (for right or wrong) to stop owners having the power to change the name or colour of strip etc. Its FPS's club, 'we' voted for it, or at least the then members of DFCSS did. If you want to have a say in how the club is run then its a bit late. Even if it was still fan run, the mundane sh1t has to be done too, the foundation has to be just as big a leap of faith as any other money you put into the club.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 4

4 minutes ago, Alexis said:

It’s not unrealistic tho, as the Hearts foundation decides where to spend the money and the Aberdeen DNA money goes directly into first team budget as advertised. Also, we don’t have a board making decisions we have Nelms, It appears he has carte blanche to do WTF he likes at the club.  

2 minutes ago, BigG said:

It’s not unrealistic tho, as the Hearts foundation decides where to spend the money and the Aberdeen DNA money goes directly into first team budget as advertised. Also, we don’t have a board making decisions we have Nelms, It appears he has carte blanche to do WTF he likes at the club.  

Unfortunately, unlike previous debacles, we have actually had a decent budget for the last few years, the problem with this regime has not been lack of funding,  it has simply been that John Nelms decision making has been catastrophic. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

2 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Well I'm happy to be corrected, but I'm almost certain Baird, Price and Forbes were.

I'll put my hand up and apologise, I've probably highlighted the wrong bit (or not enough). I'm pretty sure all three aren't an issue, even if the were on the business 'bit'. While I think of it, did the business trust have cash to control ? Genuine question, I wasn't involved although know a lot of the guys who have been over the years.

6 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'll put my hand up and apologise, I've probably highlighted the wrong bit (or not enough). I'm pretty sure all three aren't an issue, even if the were on the business 'bit'. While I think of it, did the business trust have cash to control ? Genuine question, I wasn't involved although know a lot of the guys who have been over the years.

It's certainly going back a few years,  but I think the problems arose because the funds were raised on the basis they would be used purely for youth development. That's a noble cause, but becomes an issue in times of crisis. 

Edited by Alexis

Adblock Detected