The Dark Blues

Who Did the Dee Play....

Rate this topic

In the next game after you were born?

Never looked for this before, however reading someone else's post on twitter about who we had in the next game after I was born. Some result this one. Must have been written in the stars for me to be a Dee 👌

324B9E7D-4A2B-4774-8068-0A7330C2EE5E.jpeg

Edited by paulitto
  • Like 4
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too many young uns on here- get tae yer beds

In the next game after you were born? Never looked for this before, however reading someone else's post on twitter about who we had in the next game after I was born. Some result this one. Must h

16 Feb 1957.  1-0 win away to Ayr Utd, Alan Cousin goal. I was one day old.  went with the Dee Club, six cans by Perth, bar lunch in Ayr, fish supper at Auchterarder on way back then out to the JM a

Posted Images

Some score line that! 

The game after my birthday on the 24th November 84 we beat Hearts 2-1 at Dens 👌🏻

Let’s keep these wins up boys 🤣

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, paulitto said:

In the next game after you were born?

Never looked for this before, however reading someone else's post on twitter about who we had in the next game after I was born. Some result this one. Must have been written in the stars for me to be a Dee 👌

324B9E7D-4A2B-4774-8068-0A7330C2EE5E.jpeg

Went to that game on a whim. Pirie and Sinky got 7 between them, can't recall who got the 4, prob Billy. 

Previous visit to Falkirk we beat East Stirling 8-2. Didn't keep it up though..... 6-0 in 1987 wasn't too bad. 

• Like 1

I've not got my copy of They Wore the Dark Blue handy but I know we won at Muirton on the day I was born. I think it was 3-1 but not entirely sure. 15th November 1969 if anyone fancies checking.🙂

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, OCDee said:

I've not got my copy of They Wore the Dark Blue handy but I know we won at Muirton on the day I was born. I think it was 3-1 but not entirely sure. 15th November 1969 if anyone fancies checking.🙂

I just searched it on https://m.footballdatabase.eu/en/club/fixtures/532-dundee_fc

• Like 2

I think we may have played on the day I was born i.e. 4th March 1961 but I haven't been able to find out online. We did beat St Mirren at Dens 2-0 on the 8th however

1 hour ago, Billy Pirie said:

I think we may have played on the day I was born i.e. 4th March 1961 but I haven't been able to find out online. We did beat St Mirren at Dens 2-0 on the 8th however

334828D1-82D4-4946-9C27-49DD5D0957F6.jpeg

3-2 win v Falkirk on Feb 10 1965. A good 3 weeks after I was born - must've had a few too many beers to wet ma heid and needed plenty recovery time!

7 hours ago, Funky Kingston said:

It appears I was not a lucky mascot. 11/08/79 if anyone remembers this game

D94CE62D-C7C1-4DF7-9776-B2E764FDE2B9.png

Was there, scrapping outside Snug after game as well.