Dees In Community Video Released

Rate this topic

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got to say that I learned a bit about the community trust and the work they do, all good stuff and work that should be promoted in the media to raise awareness. I thought the intro to the video w

Seriously? Coloured?

Despite the comments on quality it does tell us what they do. Would be good to be more supportive of our club at times. We are in the Championship not Hollywood.

2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Great stuff on Youtube tonight, cannae post the link as this site somehow does not like me copy and pasting, dunno why. But check it out if you can find it.

This one?

Edited by Jimmy McNulty
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Travellingdee said:

Great picture of the coloured we'ans in dee strip. Hope they get DEETV so they can watch their heroes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? Coloured?

• Like 4

Prince, says it as he sees it ... (and in this case he's probably right in doing so)

Although I wouldn't be as blunt as "oor mannie" above, I got to agree with his two post comments above. There's probably no doubt, they do a great deal for the greater Community, willingly, volunteering, & freely giving their time & effort to raise funds and do hands on work, helping & becoming invovled in a range of worthwhile causes .... But this video (imo) doesn't do them justice, or do much to help their cause.

Apologies if that sounds negative, but it could have been better ... if maybe experienced professional could have helped with the presentation (Although, I accept it is all about using limited funds & contributions wisely)

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Great stuff on Youtube tonight, cannae post the link as this site somehow does not like me copy and pasting, dunno why. But check it out if you can find it.

Not sure why you can't post a Youtube link. Just copy the url and paster it into the editor and our software does the rest for you.

40 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Not sure why you can't post a Youtube link. Just copy the url and paster it into the editor and our software does the rest for you.

I do that but never works for me, will try again in future.

8 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Despite the comments on quality it does tell us what they do. Would be good to be more supportive of our club at times. We are in the Championship not Hollywood.

Billy' I'm not sure if that's a general comment, or directed at anyone in particular.

Most people (imo) are not too happy giving out criticism, or certainly receiving it.

But on the other hand, if at times you're willing to let things go without comment,

not sure that helps either party. Some say,  "constructive criticism" is acceptable.

Can't say I'm too fond of being crticised, be it constructive or otherwise...But I do

find it easier to swallow, if there's a wee bit thoughtfulness, sensitivity and tact :explode:

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Terrible video, very amateurish and fails to sell the trust in any way.

17 minutes ago, Gedee said:

..But I do find it easier to swallow, if there's a wee bit thoughtfulness, sensitivity and tact :explode:

PB, I think you have got this wrong. I was surprised by the strength of your comment because I had watched the video last night and I thought it got the message across about DFC in The Community Trust very well. I was delighted to learn of all the initiatives and the amount of support given by our club to such a wide range of issues.

I have just watched it again and I'm cross that a sincere and wide ranging effort to portray the efforts of the Community Trust has been written off by your short sharp and destructive criticism.

If your comment was designed to provoke an alternative view, it worked, if it was a sincere reflection of your true opinion then I am afraid we will just have to disagree!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Travellingdee said:

Great picture of the coloured we'ans in dee strip. Hope they get DEETV so they can watch their heroes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🙈

5 minutes ago, BCram said:

PB, I think you have got this wrong. I was surprised by the strength of your comment because I had watched the video last night and I thought it got the message across about DFC in The Community Trust very well. I was delighted to learn of all the initiatives and the amount of support given by our club to such a wide range of issues.

I have just watched it again and I'm cross that a sincere and wide ranging effort to portray the efforts of the Community Trust has been written off by your short sharp and destructive criticism.

If your comment was designed to provoke an alternative view, it worked, if it was a sincere reflection of your true opinion then I am afraid we will just have to disagree!

It paints the trust as amateurish for me BC.

We agree on many things but let's disagree on this one. I've said all I need to on it other than to add my opinion of the video doesn't mean I don't support their work.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BCram said:

agree. The club cannot do right in some folks eyes. If their work changes one life for the better it’s worthwhile. Hope comments on here don’t knock their commitment 

Edited by Billy Campbell's Ghost