Jump to content
The Dark Blues

Goals

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Looking at the squad I'm a wee bit concerned about whether we can score enough goals. I do think we'll see another striker signed as we can't just rely on Kano. I hope that Mcdaid, Gowser, Elliot and Dorrans can pitch in with a few because goals aren't the forte of Finn, Ness or Byrne. Outwith the odd goal from defenders we do have Mulligan, Cameron and Cunningham who all scored quite a few at youth level but it's obviously a big step up.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clubs are having to cut squads down to the bare bones and there will be hundreds of out of work footballers in the UK ATM. Players know their value has dipped dramatically and will have to accept a lo

That's just Phase 1. Phase 2 is when they announce it's double points for an away win - and an extra 3 if it's against a team from Edinburgh!

Looking at the squad I'm a wee bit concerned about whether we can score enough goals. I do think we'll see another striker signed as we can't just rely on Kano. I hope that Mcdaid, Gowser, Elliot and

If we are interested in Bayo from Celtic check this out if you can bear Celtic putting 6 past Dundee reserves! 🙄 1m 37 secs for his goal to ease the pain.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

If we are interested in Bayo from Celtic check this out if you can bear Celtic putting 6 past Dundee reserves! 🙄 1m 37 secs for his goal to ease the pain.

?????

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more concerned about clean sheets. With clean sheets comes confidence, and when a team is full of belief the goals will come.

Livi haven't had impressive goalscorers in the last couple of years. They are just a solid unit of battlers.

If McPake replaces Berra and has us tight at the back again we'll be in good shape.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I'm more concerned about clean sheets. With clean sheets comes confidence, and when a team is full of belief the goals will come.

Livi haven't had impressive goalscorers in the last couple of years. They are just a solid unit of battlers.

If McPake replaces Berra and has us tight at the back again we'll be in good shape.

Fans also go along to games hoping for entertainment, which includes goals. Do we really want to be paying to go along to games to watch the type of football preferred by the likes of Livy with few goals or even attempts but keeping it tight at the back?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Fans also go along to games hoping for entertainment, which includes goals. Do we really want to be paying to go along to games to watch the type of football preferred by the likes of Livy with few goals or even attempts but keeping it tight at the back?

The fans were a lot happier with the 0-0 at home to Alloa in March than they were with the 3-3 at home to County a few years back.

When the players expect to concede they get jittery and struggle to perform, making the fans restless. When the players expect to keep a clean sheet, they can relax, enjoy their game and focus on just playing well and creating chances. That in turns makes for a happier Dens even if we don't get the breakthrough.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

?????

Rumour on Twitter we are signing 3 Celtic players on loan. Bayo, Henderson and Connell

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Looking at the squad I'm a wee bit concerned about whether we can score enough goals. I do think we'll see another striker signed as we can't just rely on Kano. I hope that Mcdaid, Gowser, Elliot and Dorrans can pitch in with a few because goals aren't the forte of Finn, Ness or Byrne. Outwith the odd goal from defenders we do have Mulligan, Cameron and Cunningham who all scored quite a few at youth level but it's obviously a big step up.

Don’t worry Wattie, big Jordon will get a barrowload from our infamous set piece routines 😂😂 

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SpiderDee1893 said:

Rumour on Twitter we are signing 3 Celtic players on loan. Bayo, Henderson and Connell

Luca connell had alot of teams scrambling for his signature last season before he signed for celtic and ewan henderson was getting game time last season so hopefully there's something in that rumour

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpiderDee1893 said:

Rumour on Twitter we are signing 3 Celtic players on loan. Bayo, Henderson and Connell

We've got a great history of successful loans, especially from Celtic, too.

Can't wait.

(Sarcasm by the way)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SpiderDee1893 said:

Rumour on Twitter we are signing 3 Celtic players on loan. Bayo, Henderson and Connell

That'll get the conspiracy theorists going!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.