The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this topic

Looking at the squad I'm a wee bit concerned about whether we can score enough goals. I do think we'll see another striker signed as we can't just rely on Kano. I hope that Mcdaid, Gowser, Elliot and Dorrans can pitch in with a few because goals aren't the forte of Finn, Ness or Byrne. Outwith the odd goal from defenders we do have Mulligan, Cameron and Cunningham who all scored quite a few at youth level but it's obviously a big step up.

• Like 2

If we are interested in Bayo from Celtic check this out if you can bear Celtic putting 6 past Dundee reserves! 🙄 1m 37 secs for his goal to ease the pain.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

If we are interested in Bayo from Celtic check this out if you can bear Celtic putting 6 past Dundee reserves! 🙄 1m 37 secs for his goal to ease the pain.

?????

4 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

?????

I'm more concerned about clean sheets. With clean sheets comes confidence, and when a team is full of belief the goals will come.

Livi haven't had impressive goalscorers in the last couple of years. They are just a solid unit of battlers.

If McPake replaces Berra and has us tight at the back again we'll be in good shape.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I'm more concerned about clean sheets. With clean sheets comes confidence, and when a team is full of belief the goals will come.

Livi haven't had impressive goalscorers in the last couple of years. They are just a solid unit of battlers.

If McPake replaces Berra and has us tight at the back again we'll be in good shape.

Fans also go along to games hoping for entertainment, which includes goals. Do we really want to be paying to go along to games to watch the type of football preferred by the likes of Livy with few goals or even attempts but keeping it tight at the back?

2 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Fans also go along to games hoping for entertainment, which includes goals. Do we really want to be paying to go along to games to watch the type of football preferred by the likes of Livy with few goals or even attempts but keeping it tight at the back?

The fans were a lot happier with the 0-0 at home to Alloa in March than they were with the 3-3 at home to County a few years back.

When the players expect to concede they get jittery and struggle to perform, making the fans restless. When the players expect to keep a clean sheet, they can relax, enjoy their game and focus on just playing well and creating chances. That in turns makes for a happier Dens even if we don't get the breakthrough.

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

?????

Rumour on Twitter we are signing 3 Celtic players on loan. Bayo, Henderson and Connell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Looking at the squad I'm a wee bit concerned about whether we can score enough goals. I do think we'll see another striker signed as we can't just rely on Kano. I hope that Mcdaid, Gowser, Elliot and Dorrans can pitch in with a few because goals aren't the forte of Finn, Ness or Byrne. Outwith the odd goal from defenders we do have Mulligan, Cameron and Cunningham who all scored quite a few at youth level but it's obviously a big step up.

Don’t worry Wattie, big Jordon will get a barrowload from our infamous set piece routines 😂😂 

• Funny 1

28 minutes ago, SpiderDee1893 said:

Rumour on Twitter we are signing 3 Celtic players on loan. Bayo, Henderson and Connell

Luca connell had alot of teams scrambling for his signature last season before he signed for celtic and ewan henderson was getting game time last season so hopefully there's something in that rumour

My Tim supporting brother reckons Bayo is hopeless. Maybe he is getting confused with the song down by the bayou 😮!

I think some Celtic fan is at the windup.

1 hour ago, SpiderDee1893 said:

We've got a great history of successful loans, especially from Celtic, too.

Can't wait.

(Sarcasm by the way)

13 hours ago, SpiderDee1893 said:

That'll get the conspiracy theorists going!

3 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

That'll get the conspiracy theorists going!

Nelms plan finally coming to fruition