The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Garageflower

Best Dundee and United Squad From 1992-present

Rate this topic

Someone is building a Football Manager database where every team has their best players since '92 in a 25 man squad.

I asked to see the Dundee team and it looks pretty good. He sent the Utd team too.

Who would win if matched together and who would you add/remove from this 25 man squad?

I did ask about Caniggia, but he felt he had his best days at Boca Juniors and since you cant have a player at 2 clubs, that's where he put him.

20200730_190546.jpg

Edited by Garageflower
Typo

46 minutes ago, Garageflower said:

Someone is building a Football Manager database where every team has their best players since '92 in a 25 man squad.

I asked to see the Dundee team and it looks pretty good. He sent the Utd team too.

Who would win if matched together and who would you add/remove from this 25 man squad?

I did ask about Caniggia, but he felt he had his best days at Boca Juniors and since you cant have a player at 2 clubs, that's where he put him.

20200730_190546.jpg

Leigh Griffiths?

• Like 1

Neil Duffy ????? 

• Like 1

Cammy Kerr out and Paul McGinn in - or any defender instead of him really. 

Neil Duffy? I just don't have words, but incredibly Glen Kamara is only in, what I assume to be, standby / reserve list.

Steve Lovell well ahead of Kane Hemmings for me.

We'd need to bring Jamesy Grady in for the game against United, he'd crack in a wonder strike after they dominated the game.

• Like 2

Get Simon Stainrod in there, even just for the fedora 😂 In saying that, we'd need to include a certain specky wee prick to provide the jobby factor 🙈

• Funny 2

If we're talking about the likes of N.Duffy, Hernandez, Letheren and Konrad, there are few missing names worth consideration.

J. Duffy

Dodds

Vrto

Charnley

Grady

Annand

Boyack

Carranza

Khizanishvili

Speroni

McKay

Ravanelli

Novo

K. McDonald

Robertson

Sutton

Forsyth

Antoine-Curier

Lockwood

Griffiths

O'Donnell

McAlister

Thomson

Stewart

P. MacDonald

O'Dea

P. McGinn

O'Hara

Holt

McGhee

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If we're talking about the likes of N.Duffy, Hernandez, Letheren and Konrad, there are few missing names worth consideration.

J. Duffy

Dodds

Vrto

Charnley

Grady

Annand

Boyack

Carranza

Khizanishvili

Speroni

McKay

Ravanelli

Novo

K. McDonald

Robertson

Sutton

Forsyth

Antoine-Curier

Lockwood

Griffiths

O'Donnell

McAlister

Thomson

Stewart

P. MacDonald

O'Dea

P. McGinn

O'Hara

Holt

McGhee

Chico Charnley, now there was a player! Joy to watch and one of those old school characters football nowadays is sorely missing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Was told a story by GGH a few years ago about Chico. Partick training, Chico was a coach, hadn't arrived yet, 3 guys turn up looking for him, one carrying a machete, disappear when told he's not there. Few minutes after they leave, Chico rocks up, is told about the guys looking for him, disappears saying he'll be back in a bit. GGH said he returned a short time later on his own, holding the machete up in the air above his head😂 Nobody asked what had happened or how he ended up with the machete, but according to GGH they could all guess 🙈😂 Legend and a badass👌🏻

• Funny 4

Milan Palenik was better than Neil Duffy..... Just sayin'.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Milan Palenik was better than Neil Duffy..... Just sayin'.

You read my mind!! Palenik was such a good player, wish we'd kept him longer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

J. Duffy

Dodds

Vrto

Charnley

Grady

Annand

Boyack

Carranza

Khizanishvili

Speroni

McKay

Ravanelli

Novo

K. McDonald

Robertson

Sutton

Forsyth

Antoine-Curier

Lockwood

Griffiths

O'Donnell

McAlister

Thomson

Stewart

P. MacDonald

O'Dea

P. McGinn

O'Hara

Holt

McGhee

I noticed Dodds was in the Aberdeen squad. Might be the same for others, but some great suggestions here

Speroni >pageaud >Bain >lethern

Surely Khizanishvili and Vrto would make the grade instead of N Duffy and  Maddison 

Dave McKay in for Cammy Kerr

Just my opinion 

Edited by dblair
  • Like 2

Ketsbaia and Ralph are another two notable names. Both won PotY.

• Like 1

Stewart has got to be in that surely, he's an unbelievable footballer and contributed a huge amount.

I'd also be boosting Steve Lovell ahead of Sara, maybe even Caballero if I'm being honest. I just thought he was consistently very good for us and carried us up a level (although it was a shame how many levels he had to carry us towards the end!).

Would also have O'Hara in there. McCann relied on him a lot in his first season, he could do any job asked of him and was decent all round. The sort of player people complained around and then realised 5 minutes after he left how much he brought.

Matty Lockwood and Stephen O'Donnell deserve a mention as well. In that grim 2012 season, there was a game where O'Donnell was fit to start against Celtic and he was brilliant against Brown, he'd have had a big career if it weren't for his injuries.

• Like 3

Stewart would be a contender for top 10 imo, never mind top 25. Two seasons at Dens and two consecutive PFA Player of the Year nominations. That speaks volumes about how good he was for us.

• Like 2