The Dark Blues

Worst Purchase

Rate this topic

Bought this big f**k-off air con unit to get me through the summer. Used it for the first time today. Not the most necessary purchase I've ever made.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My laptop should have a built in breathalyser I was telling the other half about this thread and she said...........did you tell them about the kayak? 🙈 I forgot all about that one

Drunk buys include a top hat, a gas mask, box of driftwood, a cowbell, season ticket for this season.......there's probably more stuff that I cant remember

Hi Chomp (not to be sexist) ... But, "I've had it for ages" seems to be a standard response from most women. Mrs G. however, has put  a new twist on things ... Before I even have a chance to

Drunk buys include a top hat, a gas mask, box of driftwood, a cowbell, season ticket for this season.......there's probably more stuff that I cant remember :D

• Funny 3
9 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

Drunk buys include a top hat, a gas mask, box of driftwood, a cowbell, season ticket for this season.......there's probably more stuff that I cant remember :D

Drunken ebaying is a dangerous game eh ? I've not bought anything too 'out there' its more stuff that I can't justify until I'm in the wonderful world of drunk then somehow it makes perfect sense to buy a new camping stove so it can sit with the dozen I already have. 🙄 Then I have to hope it gets delivered when the missus is out..... 🙏

4 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Drunken ebaying is a dangerous game eh ? I've not bought anything too 'out there' its more stuff that I can't justify until I'm in the wonderful world of drunk then somehow it makes perfect sense to buy a new camping stove so it can sit with the dozen I already have. 🙄 Then I have to hope it gets delivered when the missus is out..... 🙏

My laptop should have a built in breathalyser :D

I was telling the other half about this thread and she said...........did you tell them about the kayak? 🙈 I forgot all about that one :D

• Like 2
  • Funny 3
56 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

My laptop should have a built in breathalyser :D

I was telling the other half about this thread and she said...........did you tell them about the kayak? 🙈 I forgot all about that one :D

🤣 Brilliant. The missus was in my shed the other day and pointing to stuff and asking how long I've had this or that (and also asking what this or that was). Its a different story when she orders stuff though. 😒

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chomp my root said:

🤣 Brilliant. The missus was in my shed the other day and pointing to stuff and asking how long I've had this or that (and also asking what this or that was). Its a different story when she orders stuff though. 😒

"it was a bargain!"  😀

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Attilio said:

"it was a bargain!"  😀

Oh aye, there's a whole big set of double standards going on when its her crap. There's also the "I've had it for ages....." stuff, buying it, putting it in a cupboard for a few weeks then wheeling it out doesn't make it ages. 🤣

• Like 1

Who hasn't owned a foot spa at some time ?.........warned the mrs janny that it was a waste of money at the time......cannae tell them !!!!

• Funny 1

Ryanair flights to Valencia for next week x 5! I was way to organised and bought them last December at what I thought was a half decent  price. £600in the bin now ☹️

14 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Oh aye, there's a whole big set of double standards going on when its her crap. There's also the "I've had it for ages....." stuff, buying it, putting it in a cupboard for a few weeks then wheeling it out doesn't make it ages. 🤣

Hi Chomp (not to be sexist) ... But, "I've had it for ages" seems to be a standard response from most women.

Mrs G. however, has put  a new twist on things ...

Before I even have a chance to ask or comment on something that looks new, she now says ...

"You are no gonna believe, how long I've had this" .. And she's definitelyrigh, I am no gonna believe her :sadno:

Still what can I say, she spends hours and hours, addressing the problems of ... My Auld, Trusty, Long-Johns. 

Patching-up, darning, sowing. And not to mention, endless gusset replacements. It's not about saving money.

Seemingly it's all about love & respect she has for me, & my long-life attachment to my undergarments:chaplin:

• Funny 3