Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Uighurs

Cobra

It is political and it should have nothing to do with football but the genocide happening in China is kind of a big deal, and the brands involved are going to affect DFC at some point.

I'm reading that Nike, Apple, BMW, Gap, Huawei, Samsung, Sony and Volkswagen are involved in forced labour of Uighurs.

Would we want DFC to avoid working with such companies or do we have other things to worry about?

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
14 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It is political and it should have nothing to do with football but the genocide happening in China is kind of a big deal, and the brands involved are going to affect DFC at some point.

I'm reading that Nike, Apple, BMW, Gap, Huawei, Samsung, Sony and Volkswagen are involved in forced labour of Uighurs.

Would we want DFC to avoid working with such companies or do we have other things to worry about?

Any individual or company with links to human rights abuses or atrocities should be avoided like the plague. I don't think we should ever turn a blind eye.

Newcastle fans shattered by the news that the Saudi-led consortium have withdrawn their megabucks offer to buy the club ought to have been relieved by that news story. I get that they want rid of Mike Ashley but, seriously, they wanted their club to sell to a group with links to a regime notorious for human rights abuses and the recent murder of a dissident journalist? 

Just now, Barfly said:

Any individual or company with links to human rights abuses or atrocities should be avoided like the plague. I don't think we should ever turn a blind eye.

Newcastle fans shattered by the news that the Saudi-led consortium have withdrawn their megabucks offer to buy the club ought to have been relieved by that news story. I get that they want rid of Mike Ashley but, seriously, they wanted their club to sell to a group with links to a regime notorious for human rights abuses and the recent murder of a dissident journalist? 

97% of Newcastle fans wanted Saudi ownership. Somebody asked me tonight if I I'd accept that kind of ownership if it meant Dundee being successful and I said I couldn't look myself in the mirror if my team's success was build on the misery of others. 

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

97% of Newcastle fans wanted Saudi ownership. Somebody asked me tonight if I I'd accept that kind of ownership if it meant Dundee being successful and I said I couldn't look myself in the mirror if my team's success was build on the misery of others. 

97% is staggering. I didn't  know that. I'm shocked.

I would withdraw my support from the club if they chose money over morals in the context of what you've described.

Good on you for having values.

7 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Of course you couldn’t and neither would your grandad have been able to . It is far more important that DFC stands for decency and what is right . On that note I was very proud to hear this week about the efforts of DFC in the community trust 

27 minutes ago, Barfly said:

97% is staggering. I didn't  know that. I'm shocked.

I would withdraw my support from the club if they chose money over morals in the context of what you've described.

Good on you for having values.

My mum's cousin bought me a United kit after they won the league. I said, "No thanks, I'm a Dee".

My dad's dad bought me a Celtic kit and said I should support the Scotland's biggest team. I said, "No thanks, I'm a Dee".

I just love Dundee. Would I withdraw my support if we became involved with an evil regime? I hope I don't ever have to answer that question.

I would break the law for family and Dundee is my family so I probably stick by the team whatever.

I do admire your attitude though.

10 minutes ago, Cobra said:

My mum's cousin bought me a United kit after they won the league. I said, "No thanks, I'm a Dee".

My dad's dad bought me a Celtic kit and said I should support the Scotland's biggest team. I said, "No thanks, I'm a Dee".

I just love Dundee. Would I withdraw my support if we became involved with an evil regime? I hope I don't ever have to answer that question.

I would break the law for family and Dundee is my family so I probably stick by the team whatever.

Withdrawal of support can be temporary. Similar to a Hearts boycott. 😄  

1 minute ago, Barfly said:

Withdrawal of support can be temporary. Similar to a Hearts boycott. 😄  

Colin McMenamin was asked if he felt bitter towards Dundee after what happened with admin. His response was: "I was bitter against certain individuals, not against the club."

That was said 10 years ago. I liked the guy as a footballer but that statement puts him on a level Billy Dodds will never understand.

I like to take Coco's view. A club should not be defined by the individuals currently in charge.

16 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Colin McMenamin was asked if he felt bitter towards Dundee after what happened with admin. His response was: "I was bitter against certain individuals, not against the club."

That was said 10 years ago. I liked the guy as a footballer but that statement puts him on a level Billy Dodds will never understand.

I like to take Coco's view. A club should not be defined by the individuals currently in charge.

People come and go. Good and bad. Well said by CM.

I wouldn't support a Saudi-type takeover. I'd pause my support for the club which is what I probably didn't make clear earlier. I'd actively want them out. But that's just me.

13 minutes ago, Barfly said:

People come and go. Good and bad. Well said by CM.

I wouldn't support a Saudi-type takeover. I'd pause my support for the club which is what I probably didn't make clear earlier. I'd actively want them out. But that's just me.

The thing is these Muslim countries go against our values but are trying to stick to their religion's values.

The Chinese Communist Party are f**cking monsters and a whole lot more dangerous than Qatar and UAE.

Adblocker Detected