The Dark Blues

Tantrums

Rate this topic

I was so distraught as a kid when Dundee lost I'd throw my scarf onto the track at full-time. Either that or I'd throw it into a skip on the way down the Hulltoon? Was it just me who behaved in that daft way or did others lose it when we lost?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a wee tantrum today as two points slipped through dab fingers against 10 men after getting ahead within 10 minutes with a penalty . A long season ahead 😂🤣

I always seem to relate the painful moments of the Doon Derby to the day Man City finally won the league in 2012 (aguerooooo etc). The big day, years in the making, all the expectations, the chan

More a greeter than a tantrum thrower. Left Dens in tears a fair few times as a bairn. To each his own. 

I had a wee tantrum today as two points slipped through dab fingers against 10 men after getting ahead within 10 minutes with a penalty . A long season ahead 😂🤣

• Funny 3
6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

More a greeter than a tantrum thrower. Left Dens in tears a fair few times as a bairn.

To each his own. 

Every time I climbed the old steps and heard the roar of the Derry I was on cloud 9. Every time we had a bad day it felt like a betrayal. 

Football fans tend to see things as black and white but it's more extreme when you're young.

Can't say I remember tears. Just rage. 😆

I've booted a few chairs in my time. Still prefer a tantrum to just existential doom, which is how I felt after Dobbie scored immediately after we equalised against them earlier this season.

22 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

I've booted a few chairs in my time. Still prefer a tantrum to just existential doom, which is how I felt after Dobbie scored immediately after we equalised against them earlier this season.

Thankfully I got to the point where setbacks and defeat don't ruin my day, although I didn't take that Schenk horror show too well. 

37 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Thankfully I got to the point where setbacks and defeat don't ruin my day, although I didn't take that Schenk horror show too well. 

The Schenk horror show was probably my first tantrum in about 30 years and the last one since. Although, I still think of it more as the Konrad and McPake horror show more than Schenk. An utterly woeful defensive performance between these two and several wicked deflections, Schenk’s obvious incompetence was exposed much more than it normally should have been. Still didn’t stop me being in a complete cream puff for a few days after though. 

9 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

The Schenk horror show was probably my first tantrum in about 30 years and the last one since. Although, I still think of it more as the Konrad and McPake horror show more than Schenk. An utterly woeful defensive performance between these two and several wicked deflections, Schenk’s obvious incompetence was exposed much more than it normally should have been. Still didn’t stop me being in a complete cream puff for a few days after though. 

I remember going through the goals and I think I came to the conclusion that Konrad was to at fault for four of them. Don't recall McPake having a nightmare although obviously he has to take some of the blame.

While Schenk wasn't helped at all by his defence I think his positioning was woeful. He was out of his depth but you're right to say that heavy defeat wasn't all about him.

Did we ever establish whether the rumour of Letheren being too hungover to play was true? I thought it seemed a bit far-fetched.

Chucked my scarf at east end  park the pars destroyed us 6-1 I think, tam Carson between the sticks , our bus was full at halftime but the driver wouldn’t leave until full time 

I spend my time analysing what went wrong. It saves you from tantrums and tears. Not a very good analyst though my analysis can be very biased in order to console myself coming to the conclusion that things will be better next game.

Ragin,especially Derby gemmes,punched a few arrogant dab pusses,but the therapist helped,also self help books,and Wighton goal has somehow balanced my little universe .

18 hours ago, Dandy McLean said:

I still throw a tantrum every time that jammy mob across the road have a modicum of success. 🤬

The night we sent them down I took a total hissy when they went in front - I lost it completely and ended up in floods of tears telling my son how we always fecked it up - a grown man behaving like a 3 year old - all’s well etc 😂

4 hours ago, Valentke said:

The night we sent them down I took a total hissy when they went in front - I lost it completely and ended up in floods of tears telling my son how we always fecked it up - a grown man behaving like a 3 year old - all’s well etc 😂

Lowest ive ever felt at a Dee match ever.

Then the highest.