The Dark Blues

Training Start

Rate this topic

Reading that Hearts start back tomorrow which is about 9 weeks until season starts and feels way to early in terms of timing and preparation - which means there players come off furlough and they now take on the salaries. 

Any ideas when our players stars back ? 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're not allowed to point that out. He will throw a fit and say he won't be posting anymore. 

One of the DAB Snr Management team was interviewed on SSN yesterday and he said that the players were a 'lot fitter' than last season.

Forgot to add.  He was likely crawling up the new Manager's erse. 

I think we'll use the furlough scheme as long as we can. League cup starts on 6th October so we'll probably start back mid September. 

Nielson has a name for himself for working the players incredibly hard particularly on fitness but there has to be a balance . In any normal season players would start back around 4 weeks prior to season starting but they are more than double that . I would think back end of this month would be suitable for a 6th October kick off 

Just now, Bobby Dee said:

Nielson has a name for himself for working the players incredibly hard particularly on fitness but there has to be a balance . In any normal season players would start back around 4 weeks prior to season starting but they are more than double that . I would think back end of this month would be suitable for a 6th October kick off 

One of the DAB Snr Management team was interviewed on SSN yesterday and he said that the players were a 'lot fitter' than last season.

• Like 1

Somebody said "some" teams are starting training this week. Choosing to believe that includes us cos we're a big team 😎

2 hours ago, Dondeh said:

Forgot to add. 

He was likely crawling up the new Manager's erse. 

• Funny 1
48 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Forgot to add. 

He was likely crawling up the new Manager's erse. 

Yep, yet to hear any part of a new management team say that the players are looking a bit lardy arsed compared to how the old manager had them. 
it’s an easy cheap shot the “fitness thing” 

• Like 1

Are there to be 5 subs allowed in the Championship.That will be a huge leveller if properly used.I do not expect to see slow build up play but high tempo direct stuff and the manager will have to  get this right .You can envisage wholesale substitutions possibly at half time and super-fitness will be essential.Players do not have the relative luxury of pacing themselves for 80 or 90 minutes.Paul McGowan is one who can turn a game when full on even if for only 45 minutes.Whether pre-season training for over 2 months is clever or not we shall see but we have to be out of the blocks like Usain Bolt every game starting at Tynecastle whether there is an antagonistic crowd there or not.I hope thare is a crowd because a clever manager can turn that to our advantage.

13 hours ago, dfcman said:

Are there to be 5 subs allowed in the Championship.That will be a huge leveller if properly used.I do not expect to see slow build up play but high tempo direct stuff and the manager will have to  get this right .You can envisage wholesale substitutions possibly at half time and super-fitness will be essential.Players do not have the relative luxury of pacing themselves for 80 or 90 minutes.Paul McGowan is one who can turn a game when full on even if for only 45 minutes.Whether pre-season training for over 2 months is clever or not we shall see but we have to be out of the blocks like Usain Bolt every game starting at Tynecastle whether there is an antagonistic crowd there or not.I hope thare is a crowd because a clever manager can turn that to our advantage.

I can only see 5 subs as benefiting the bigger teams in whatever league. The bigger clubs will have the luxury of being able to afford the larger squads while the smaller ones will struggle for the finances even more than usual at the moment.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Bobby Dee said:

Reading that Hearts start back tomorrow which is about 9 weeks until season starts and feels way to early in terms of timing and preparation - which means there players come off furlough and they now take on the salaries. 

Any ideas when our players stars back ? 

Nine weeks?! I don't think anything more than 4 or 5 week pre-season training is going to be all that beneficial but it's probably sensible to get players active asap after such a long lay-off.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

I can only see 5 subs as benefiting the bigger teams in whatever league. The bigger clubs will have the luxury of being able to afford the larger squads while the smaller ones will struggle for the finances even more than usual at the moment.

If we end up having 5 subs then we need to ensure that there are rules in place so they can only be used in two or three 'windows' during the game.  Allowing teams to have 5 individual subbies coming on, all at different times, will slow the game down to snails pace in the last 15 minutes and would be used to do just that.

• Like 1

It would be good to have plenty 90 minute pre season games under our belts before our first game... Match fitness is far more important imo