The Dark Blues

Obscure Dee Games On Youtube

Rate this topic

Gotta admit im a bit of a sucker for looking for old dundee games on youtube, particularly from the 90s. Every now and then you find a gem from fans of another club. 

Here's one from our first ever visit to Inverness, only a few weeks after they became ICT.

• Like 8
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta admit im a bit of a sucker for looking for old dundee games on youtube, particularly from the 90s. Every now and then you find a gem from fans of another club.  Here's one from our first ev

Suffice to say i have a soft spot for the George Shaw/Gerry Britton era.  

I was there and remember McCann and Jackie Mc battering each other - a great duel from young lads. some quality players in both sides for Div one/ I always liked Craig Robertson as a player  

14 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Gotta admit im a bit of a sucker for looking for old dundee games on youtube, particularly from the 90s. Every now and then you find a gem from fans of another club. 

Here's one from our first ever visit to Inverness, only a few weeks after they became ICT.

Didn’t ever see Dundee play at ICTs original ground- that 5th pen and the ref immediately signalling for another ball 😂

Cheers for posting 👍

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Suffice to say i have a soft spot for the George Shaw/Gerry Britton era.

I was there and remember McCann and Jackie Mc battering each other - a great duel from young lads.

some quality players in both sides for Div one/ I always liked Craig Robertson as a player  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

I think you mean first ever visit ti ICT?As opposed to Inverness.As Scottish Champions we played Inverness Caley at their ground(forget its name) in the Cup.We won 5-0 on an icy snowy pitch .The journey was epic in the depths of that long hard winter.Many Dee fans never got there.As my bus passed through Aviemore at that time a wee village there were hundreds of Dees  whose buses had got no further lining the road trying to hitch a lift.Nowadays they wouldnt even dream of playing in these conditions far less allow fans to travel through these conditions..I think the match was a couple of months after our Anderlecht European Cup triumph and we were waiting for the Milan Semi due 2 or 3 months later,I think the winter of 62/63 was one of the worst and longest on record.But the thought of meeting A.C.Milan  and the prospect of the Final at Wembley was something else.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Looks like a cracking crowd as well. 

A pretty epic three horse race between us, the Pars and Raith led to some big crowds that season. 

Think there was near 8000 at this cup game. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Who was the blonde left back with pony tail?🤔

Was at the Dunfermline game (behind the goal) and still have the Sportscene Highlights- Was a great Atmosphere that day through there!

A great era to follow that team-Jim Duffy-Pure Class!

As for ICT -Ive probably said this before but we played them at Dens in a Cup not long into their existence and we were in a bad financial shape (Yeah I know!!).... as in the TC Keay was closed for safety reasons and the away fans were in The Provy Road. We were crammed in The Derry and I was standing at the outdoor benches and was most entertained by the fact that some ICT fans had red and black scarves and were shouting "Thistle!" while another group nearer the main stand side were wearing Blue and White scarves shouting "Caley" After a wee while we noticed that the two groups of fans in the Provie were actually slagging off each other!!! and it was getting quite heated!! We were irrelevant across in The Derry.

Was quite a bizarre situation as obviously their fans wanted their team to do well but they didn't like the other faction of their support!.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Donny O said:

Was at the Dunfermline game (behind the goal) and still have the Sportscene Highlights- Was a great Atmosphere that day through there!

A great era to follow that team-Jim Duffy-Pure Class!

As for ICT -Ive probably said this before but we played them at Dens in a Cup not long into their existence and we were in a bad financial shape (Yeah I know!!).... as in the TC Keay was closed for safety reasons and the away fans were in The Provy Road. We were crammed in The Derry and I was standing at the outdoor benches and was most entertained by the fact that some ICT fans had red and black scarves and were shouting "Thistle!" while another group nearer the main stand side were wearing Blue and White scarves shouting "Caley" After a wee while we noticed that the two groups of fans in the Provie were actually slagging off each other!!! and it was getting quite heated!! We were irrelevant across in The Derry.

Was quite a bizarre situation as obviously their fans wanted their team to do well but they didn't like the other faction of their support!.

Interesting stuff. My 3rd ever Dundee game If memory serves me, a 3-0 win.

On 02/08/2020 at 20:20, Valentke said:

Didn’t ever see Dundee play at ICTs original ground- that 5th pen and the ref immediately signalling for another ball 😂

Cheers for posting 👍

Not surprised they moved. More light from the Comet sign than thae floodlights!

22 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Pretty sure it was Mark Hutchinson. Fringe player that season.

Did the same player not suffer a leg break or a really bad injury against St Johnstone at Dens in a challenge cup tie?  Either Saints or Stenhousemuir, we got humped in both games.